Attn: soccer fans (just wait 'til next year!)

Cugalabanza

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It;s all over...USA-2 Spain-0. We go to the finals. Nice win but we were a little slow in our own end. Gave Spain wayyy to many shots.

PTR

:thumbsup:

What? Doesn't matter..... :rolleyes:

They just beat frickin Spain ...

And the three stars are

3...Jozy Altidore

2...Landon Donovan

and the #1 Star >>>Tim Howard...

(yes I know its a hockey thing, but these three played outstanding.)

The ref in me says the RED card was bogus...Maybe a yellow.

I hope Demarcus B. is not allergic to pine.

And the three stars are

3...Jozy Altidore

2...Landon Donovan

and the #1 Star >>>Tim Howard...

(yes I know its a hockey thing, but these three played outstanding.)

I hope Demarcus B. is not allergic to pine.

i thought he had ball on the Red card

Howard was brilliant.

The other thing that makes this game so sweet is that no team in the world has been able to beat them in the last 35 matches, and they brought out their best squad, and we did it!!! :thumbsup:

Donovan played great, so did Onyewu, Demerrit and Howard. Obviously Altidore and Dempsey with their props because of the goals they scored, but I would say those were the best players out on the pitch today. :rolleyes:

Unfrickinbelievable, just be the #1 ranked team in the world :ph34r:

I don't understand all the distictions on the fouls, but WTF did he do that warranted getting tossed out? Looked like a BS call.

Nice defense holding off the charge during the last 15 minutes.

:thumbsup:

What? Doesn't matter..... :rolleyes:

They just beat frickin Spain ...

I'm no soccer expert but even the tv guys were saying they were getting to the ball to late in their end. Looked like a hockey power play most of the game. But maybe that was the idea? They flooded their own zone with defenders. Gave Spain no clean shots.

PTR

I don't understand all the distictions on the fouls, but WTF did he do that warranted getting tossed out? Looked like a BS call.

Nice defense holding off the charge during the last 15 minutes.

The referee made the call on his view of spikes up and the foot above the ball.

The challenge might have been late, also.

I did notice that only ONE replay of the foul was shown.

You are correct PTR, The guys were tired. They get an extra day to rest

before Sunday's CHAMPIONSHIP match.

After the first two matches can you believe the USA will be in the finals ?

And FIFA has to get rid of those damn horns...

esp before 2010

What a great performance! I don't like that US hunkered down after taking the lead. They still have this confidence issue against world powers. When they stay aggressive, they can play with the best.

As for the red card, it was a total BS call that has a good chance of being overturned I think. The fact that they never showed the replay again pretty much means it was a major f-up by the ref. He pretty much had his hand in his pocket before the guy even fell. Remember, this is the same ref that screwed the US over against Italy in the 2006 World Cup, sending two players off with red cards in the first half alone and waving off a go-ahead goal.

Holy - CRAP!!!!! YO ADRIENNE....WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting here in awe of what I just watched. I want to know what the FUG happened to transform these guys from a lazy, uninspired bunch to absolute world beaters?!? That was one of the best all around performances I've seen in an American team since I don't know when.

I know some of you guys have disagreed with me about Onyewu's performance, but if you couldn't see a difference in the guy's play today vs. what he's been doing, I don't know what to tell you. The guy was playing 9' tall! DeMerritt did great too, but come on, Onyewu was a man among boys, and that's the player I've been wanting to see since first hearing all the hype four years ago. He single-handedly shut down half of Spain's set pieces back there!

And how about Altidorre? The one thing I was getting frustrated with this guy was his failing to use his stature to his advantage. A week ago you would have seen him take a dive when he was at the top of the box with the defender. What did he do today? He turned into a badass mofo, turned on the ball, and put us up 1-0!!! FUG YEAH BABY!!!!

And lastly, what about that second half? Spain was letting loose everything they had in the arsenal to get back even in the match....I don't know how many shots they had, but there were a LOT of them, and they were on goal. What an amazing effort to withstand that for over 45 min, taking a 2-0 lead in the process.

Hell, I even saw a bicycle kick in there!! lmao This team had swagger and they were bringing it! What a win!!!

U-S-A!!!! U-S-A!!!! U-S-A!!!!

When they stay aggressive, they can play with the best.

Before today, I felt like what you just said has been nothing more than a theory....but you're exactly right, and they proved it today. This team has GOT to continue using their physical advantage, cause when they do they CAN play with the best, as you said. I can't believe this is the same bunch that was biatch slapped by Costa Rica a few weeks ago....