Homers

Rush23

"if trent edwards stays healthy and the offensive line gels and T.O. has 10 or 11 td's and the defensive line with aaron maybin can get pressure on the qb which in turn make the secondarys job easier and dick jauron doesnt make any bonehead coaching decisions the bills can EASILY be a 9 or 10 win team..."

The Bills will do better this year because of "addition by subtraction." Just removing Jason Peters will likely give us another win or two over last year. With Preston, Fowler, and Dockery gone too, I think we're headed to the playoff. (After all, our O-Line now has heart, which is more important than anything else.)

If only we did a little more addition by subtraction, maybe removing Josh Reed, Parrish, Kelsay, we could go deep into the playoffs. Maybe finally getting rid of Schobel too is what it's going to take to get to the Superbowl. No one player is worth more than the team.

:nana:

(Wow, that was painful to type and read, even in a thread like this.)

My $.02 -- if you're not a homer, then what the hell are you doing even choosing a favorite team? I'm tired of all the "realists" in the group whose only purpose in life (or so it seems) is to let everyone else know how bad things are. Give me the overly optimistic sap who believes his team is winning it all each year, hands down. They're more fun to be around, and when things finally do go our way I'll feel good celebrating with them.

My $.02 -- if you're not a homer, then what the hell are you doing even choosing a favorite team? I'm tired of all the "realists" in the group whose only purpose in life (or so it seems) is to let everyone else know how bad things are. Give me the overly optimistic sap who believes his team is winning it all each year, hands down. They're more fun to be around, and when things finally do go our way I'll feel good celebrating with them.

Get this man a beer!

Seriously though, I often wonder how "excited" a doom and gloomer could possibly get in ANY situation.

Here, let me get the first round... Cheers!

:nana:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmmmm. I guess I could give this happy homer thing a try.

Dick Jauron is a great coach. He has one winning season out of nine, zero playoff wins, and is 19 games below .500 in his career. But none of that is his fault and he is poised to prove that he is not a loser any season now. I am sooooooo glad we locked him up for three years before the competition stole him from us!

We haven't seen the playoffs in nine years but look out in '09! We couldn't take advantage of Tom Brady's absence last year but N.E. with a rusty Brady is no match for Dick's fierce Tampa 2. Miami sucks and Parcells just got lucky. Who wants to go from 1-15 to 11-5 in just one season? Give me the 15 year rebuilding plan anytime! The Jets suck too. Sanchez will never amount to anything, we already know from experience what happens when you draft a qb in the first round. Plus they have a blow-hard meat head coach who boasted that he's not here to kiss Belichick's ring and guaranteed a Supr Bowl within three years. I prefer a spineless, submissive B word for a head coach!

Going 0-6 against the division and 3-5 at home was just part of a brilliant scheme by Jauron to instill overconfidence in our opponents. This way, we can take them all by surprise in '09!

Aaron Maybin is a football God!!! He will wreak havoc on O-lines across the NFL, leaving a trail of battered and broken qb's in his wake.

Our patchwork O-line will make the 80's hogs look like a pop warner unit.

Trent Edwards' run to Canton will begin in earnest this season as he teams up with T.O., Evans, and Reed to shatter records for completions, yardage, and touchdowns in a season. He will also master the cold and wind -- without a glove!!!

-- Is this the type of thinking required to be accepted by the "glass is overflowing" crowd? :thumbsup:

If so, count me out.

Agreed.

In one sense, the true "realist" is the biggest wishful thinker of them all. For a realist, the NFL Draft is like the Super Bowl. They call it a season after week 3, start looking at draft publications, and then delude themselves into believing that the draft is some kind of panacea.

Dick Jauron is a great coach. He has one winning season out of nine, zero playoff wins, and is 19 games below .500 in his career. But none of that is his fault and he is poised to prove that he is not a loser any season now. I am sooooooo glad we locked him up for three years before the competition stole him from us!

We haven't seen the playoffs in nine years but look out in '09! We couldn't take advantage of Tom Brady's absence last year but N.E. with a rusty Brady is no match for Dick's fierce Tampa 2. Miami sucks and Parcells just got lucky. Who wants to go from 1-15 to 11-5 in just one season? Give me the 15 year rebuilding plan anytime! The Jets suck too. Sanchez will never amount to anything, we already know from experience what happens when you draft a qb in the first round. Plus they have a blow-hard meat head coach who boasted that he's not here to kiss Belichick's ring and guaranteed a Supr Bowl within three years. I prefer a spineless, submissive B word for a head coach!

Going 0-6 against the division and 3-5 at home was just part of a brilliant scheme by Jauron to instill overconfidence in our opponents. This way, we can take them all by surprise in '09!

Aaron Maybin is a football God!!! He will wreak havoc on O-lines across the NFL, leaving a trail of battered and broken qb's in his wake.

Trent Edwards' run to Canton will begin in earnest this season as he teams up with T.O., Evans, and Reed to shatter records for completions, yardage, and touchdowns in a season. He will also master the cold and wind -- without a glove!!!

-- Is this the type of thinking required to be accepted by the "glass is overflowing" crowd? :thumbsup:

If so, count me out.

Feel better about yourself now?

No one has said any of those things, and none of us will. Despite your inability to understand (a disability widely shared around here) no one is saying one need be blind to the team's problems. The point is that some people think that there are ways to enjoy following the Bills that do not require constant negativity. I know it makes you feel so smart to make fun of optimism and pretend that makes you a "realist," but some of us save our "realism" for the world's real problems, not for a game that, as pleasant and exciting as it is, remains just a game.

But hey, you do what makes you happy.

If so, count me out.

But this forum wouldn't be nearly as fun without the Debbie Downers.