Hamilton threatening boycott against Sabres

Spun

I'd be surprised if they put a team in that lunch bucket town. London, Waterloo/Kitchener I can see. Even Mississagua or Burlington. Took em 60 years to put a decent highway in there so people could get around. Now they think they can handle a team?

I love it, the reason why The Sabres aren't coming out in full support of a Hamilton team is because it would effect their marketing region and make it even harder for them to market the team in Niagara because that area would be split between the 2 of them. Why would the Sabres be supporting something that would cause them to lose potential revenue?

My other favorite is "Saint" Jim Basillies "Make it seven campaign to bring another team to Canada, acting like his goal is just to add another hockey team in Canada. It hasnothing to do with Canada, it has everything to do with putting a team in his backyard (Hamilton) If Bettman told him they would waive any relocation fee and award him the move to Quebec City or Winnipeg (Canadian Cities making it 7 Canadian teams in the league like his website/campaign is supposed to be all for) he would say forget it and walk away from the deal. He is practically being given Copps Coliseum as he will be given full control of it, yet the mighty Billionaire will only pony up $5 million for renovations and wants the Canadian Taxpayers to pay the other $120 million, yet he talks about how great the market is there, why not pony up the full thing, if the market is so great for hocky you will make your money back in no time

Would someone that is a little more hockey savvy than I am explain to me why they would want to set themselves up to fail like that? I could be dead wrong, but I don't think Hamilton has the fan base and the corporate base to compete in the NHL. Why wedge a team in between the Leafs and the Sabres? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

I love it, the reason why The Sabres aren't coming out in full support of a Hamilton team is because it would effect their marketing region and make it even harder for them to market the team in Niagara because that area would be split between the 2 of them. Why would the Sabres be supporting something that would cause them to lose potential revenue?

My other favorite is "Saint" Jim Basillies "Make it seven campaign to bring another team to Canada, acting like his goal is just to add another hockey team in Canada. It hasnothing to do with Canada, it has everything to do with putting a team in his backyard (Hamilton) If Bettman told him they would waive any relocation fee and award him the move to Quebec City or Winnipeg (Canadian Cities making it 7 Canadian teams in the league like his website/campaign is supposed to be all for) he would say forget it and walk away from the deal. He is practically being given Copps Coliseum as he will be given full control of it, yet the mighty Billionaire will only pony up $5 million for renovations and wants the Canadian Taxpayers to pay the other $120 million, yet he talks about how great the market is there, why not pony up the full thing, if the market is so great for hocky you will make your money back in no time

Based on everything I've read on TSN, you may just be the only canadian who actually gets it. This has absolutely nothing to do with american cities vs. canadian cities.

Based on everything I've read on TSN, you may just be the only canadian who actually gets it. This has absolutely nothing to do with american cities vs. canadian cities.

I have actually made a few posts there on TSN about that, but apparently any place in Canada is a better place for Hockey, and will be a best seller in the NHL proping up all the American teams. Lol, its not even a Bettman vs. Basillie thing like they all say. Bettman is against Basillie because Jim keeps trying to go around the league rules for purchasing and relocating. Bettman may be an @ss, but theres a reason why pretty much all the other owners in the league are against this move too