Anyone drink Firefly vodka?

The Poojer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good vodka, bad vodka, flavored vodka. :thumbsup:

Vodka is there to get you drunk. Been there...

Some sip it. Cheap or expensive stuff. In my experience, most neat vodka goes down the hatch pretty quickly.

It's also a popular final drink of choice for those who are close to dying from long alcohol use. I've seen it happen many a time. Along with the thought that it can't be smelled on the breath.

If I put my mind to it, I bet I could recall at least 10 souls who planted themselves that way. Three that I knew for a long time, that were decent folk with loved ones, but climbed into the bottle and that was that.

So sad..

Think of the money they saved their families on embalming fluid.

If you take more than two bottles of booze off the shelf when I order a drink you're wasting my time.

Actually, I agree with that. The worst to make were coffee drinks IMO. 4-5 liquors and then you pour regular black coffee on it add whip cream in many cases. Who is going to taste the liquor?

It's also a popular final drink of choice for those who are close to dying from long alcohol use. I've seen it happen many a time.

You're confusing vodka with Boone's Farm.

But then, judging by some of the "vodkas" I've see mentioned in this thread, it's a common mistake...

Actually, I agree with that. The worst to make were coffee drinks IMO. 4-5 liquors and then you pour regular black coffee on it add whip cream in many cases. Who is going to taste the liquor?

The bars I hang out in are in the SF financial district. Nowhere near a college campus.

I work with a guy who tended bar years ago. When it was busy if a guy came in and said give me four of your best drinks. He'd line up four shot glasses and fill them with tequila. "That'll be $34!"

What is wrong with you people? What is wrong with beer without a friggen lime or other fruit in it? What is wrong with scotch neat?

If you wimps don't like alchohol then don't drink. Seriously, this thread reminds me of the girls in high school who would only drink tango or some other weird sh--.

Nobody ever said there was anything WRONG with scotch neat. You seem to be the one judging which kinds of drinks are "wrong".

Nobody ever said there was anything WRONG with scotch neat. You seem to be the one judging which kinds of drinks are "wrong".

Well as a long time drinker of many alchoholic beverages, I would consider myself somewhat of an expert. Those that drink those foofoo drinks are either girls or wanna be girls. :thumbsup:

The bars I hang out in are in the SF financial district. Nowhere near a college campus.

I work with a guy who tended bar years ago. When it was busy if a guy came in and said give me four of your best drinks. He'd line up four shot glasses and fill them with tequila. "That'll be $34!"

LOL I got that in Long Beach. They (people from my office) said, "You should pick, you're the expert." We had been drinking for about 5 hours straight. I walk into the hotel bar and ask for his specialty drink. He poured 5 shots of 151. That separated the men from the boys.

Well as a long time drinker of many alchoholic beverages, I would consider myself somewhat of an expert. Those that drink those foofoo drinks are either girls or wanna be girls. :thumbsup:

And with my background anyone who snorts cocaine off a live strippers ass with anything smaller than a rolled up C-note if a fag too.

LOL I got that in Long Beach. They (people from my office) said, "You should pick, you're the expert." We had been drinking for about 5 hours straight. I walk into the hotel bar and ask for his specialty drink. He poured 5 shots of 151. That separated the men from the boys.

Where in LB?

The convention center was at

300 East Ocean Boulevard

Long Beach, California 90802

Damn if I remember the name of the hotel though...

I think that's the Sheraton. I lived and worked in LB for many years. You remember the exact address with the zip but not the name of the hotel? :thumbsup:

I think that's the Sheraton. I lived and worked in LB for many years. You remember the exact address with the zip but not the name of the hotel? :thumbsup:

I am in charge of keeping all that stuff on our corporate wiki. Not hotels though. I do not think it was the Sheraton. I will check tomorrow if you think you might know the bartender.

I am in charge of keeping all that stuff on our corporate wiki. Not hotels though. I do not think it was the Sheraton. I will check tomorrow if you think you might know the bartender.

I've been out of LB for about 8 years so I wouldn't know him.

I've been out of LB for about 8 years so I wouldn't know him.

Two guys ended up puking. I was a little behind the others in the drinking and I remember this one guy who kept saying he could out drink me...as his head slipped towards the table...