Stanley Cup Thread

Nobody saw the Pens winning. But the Wings looked off all game. I can only assume that the pressure got to them.

And maybe the Sabres need to be the worst team in the league for several years running, so as to stock-up on players like Malkin, Crosby, and Fleury?

Man I don't buy that. Not with the Wings. Most Stanley Cup tested team around. A little luck. Some good goal tending for Pitt did it. But Pens got themselves in a position to win. They deserved it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I don't buy that. Not with the Wings. Most Stanley Cup tested team around. A little luck. Some good goal tending for Pitt did it. But Pens got themselves in a position to win. They deserved it.

The Wings were off the whole game. I thought that being the most Stanley Cup tested team around would have made this a laugher, like game 5 was. But something was off.

Nobody saw the Pens winning. But the Wings looked off all game. I can only assume that the pressure got to them.

And maybe the Sabres need to be the worst team in the league for several years running, so as to stock-up on players like Malkin, Crosby, and Fleury?

sh--, they wouldn't have to do that if they offered decent contracts to guys like Orpik who actually WANT to play in Buffalo. No way Pittsburgh gets past Washington in the postseason without Orpik.

I knew I shouldn't have started reading these posts on a Buffalo board, because they are so stupidly ridiculous it's pathetic. You and Ramius act like Sydney Crosby turned you both down for the prom and you are holding a grudge.

As much as I love the Penguins, and just as much as I FUGGIN hate the Steelers, BOTH teams have fantastic fans. The jealousy from Buffalo fans toward other teams is what is truly hilarious. I can only hope we win a superbowl in Buffalo soon, so that all of you fans of all teams Buffalo can quit being so jealous of everyone else and learn how to enjoy life a little bit.

And for the record, there was less than a zero chance the Penguins were folding. They were making a play to get a new arena when the city was claiming they were broke. And it worked. There was no chance in hell they were leaving. If you note history, the Pirates did the same exact thing to get PNC Park built. Lemieux got sick of waiting, played his cards, and it got done. Lemieux is a master at life, sports, business and is a god in Pittsburgh. Lemieux got Pittsburgh's building built. They weren't going to fold.

The cup is back home where it belongs, and it's one of my teams first championships in 17 years of my life. It feels AWESOME. I can only imagine what it feels like to win the Superbowl someday.

Someday the Bills will be champs.....someday! :lol:

You absolutely right!!! Except the folding part... Was it at taxpayers expense? I would have called their bluff like Daley did when the Bears wanted to move (PITT is a big enough muncipality to pull the bluff off).

The worse thing about BFLO is that they would act exactly like PITT... Maybe God is really blessing us by not winning.

And one other thing that deserves it's own post......HOSSA CAN FUGGIN CHOKE ON CROSBY'S NUTSACK. They should have passed the puck to that pathetic piece of schitt, but he skated off the ice so fast, no one could find the sad sack of sh--.

He tried to ride the nuts of Zetterberg and Franz and Ozzie, and it blew up in his face. It doesn't happen like that too often, and I gotta believe that most sports fans would root against a gutless chickenschitt like that anyday.

Anyway, this one's for you MARIAN, you are now officially PIttsburgh's B word!

:wacko:

:lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbsup:

Nice to see Satan raise the cup, great game, :lol:

doggonit if PA wasn't hard enough to live in already, geeesh

I just had to laugh when Satan raised the cup. I should have known things were going the Pens' way when Miro dove to block a shot in the 2nd period. Go figure. BTW, I'm no Satan hater, either...but I don't recall that kind of effort when he was a Sabre.

Could have easily been 2-2 if the Hossa didn't piss off the Hockey Gods... The shot that hit the crossbar was like somebody reaching thie hand out and flinging it away... Hockey is very flukely and it does take bounces to win more than any other game IMO... Nature of the beast... I will get flames for this... But, I would like to see the season change to more tourney... Kinda how hockey was played at the turn of the 20th century... The way modern sports are played does not do well for hockey IMO.

Guest dog14787
I just had to laugh when Satan raised the cup. I should have known things were going the Pens' way when Miro dove to block a shot in the 2nd period. Go figure. BTW, I'm no Satan hater, either...but I don't recall that kind of effort when he was a Sabre.

7th game, the Stanley cup on the line, plus probably the best and last chance he will ever get at having his name engraved forever on the cup probably had a little to do with it.

I always liked Miro, he's a very intelligent and talented hockey player in my opinion and I'm glad he will be remembered as part of a Championship team, I just wish it could have been for the Sabres back when Miro was still in his prime.

;)

Wow... I didn't catch that!

Orpik never made the red line on the dump-in. As soon as Stuart touched the puck on the endboards it should have been blown dead for icing. For some reason it wasn't, Stuart made a lazy play and 2 seconds later the Pens were up 1-0.

That's because it didn't exist. Tim G.'s reply to me over on Facebook:

I texted a former Sabre last night in the second period to tell him Miro's name was going on the Stanley Cup. The response: "F--- Miro. His day with the Cup will be lonely. Just the two of them."

Orpik never made the red line on the dump-in. As soon as Stuart touched the puck on the endboards it should have been blown dead for icing. For some reason it wasn't, Stuart made a lazy play and 2 seconds later the Pens were up 1-0.

Everything (other than face offs) seemed to go the Pens' way for the first two periods (and a chunk of the 3rd). They seemed to control most of the contested plays behind either goal, the puck bounced their way, when they coughed up the puck a Red Wing usually coughed it right back and the no-call on the icing just seemed to fit right in. Stuart seemed to have several screw-ups which added to Detroit's problems.

Still, with 8 minutes to go, and the score 2-0, I thought Detroit would tie the thing up in regulation.

I texted a former Sabre last night in the second period to tell him Miro's name was going on the Stanley Cup. The response: "F--- Miro. His day with the Cup will be lonely. Just the two of them."

;)

That had to be Rayzer.....

Stuart seemed to have several screw-ups which added to Detroit's problems.

He also cost them a goal in Game 6 with another bad turnover. Which was crazy because he'd been playing so well in the postseason that up until Games 6&7 I was starting to make jokes about how the Wings were so loaded that Lidstrom was their 2nd best defenseman.

Still, with 8 minutes to go, and the score 2-0, I thought Detroit would tie the thing up in regulation.

I'd have bet my house on it at the start of the period.

In fact at the end of the 2nd I left one Penguins party to go to another buddy's house to watch the 3rd with a couple other guys. A bunch of the boys were beating the hell out of me and giving me sh-- for leaving their party and my last words on the way out the door were "Don't worry, I'll be back for overtime".

About 3-4 beer cans flew by my head before I made it to the truck. ;)

Amazing how fast Crosby could skate once it was over. Pus_y. What's happening to hockey players?

Probably a little easier to skate when nobody's trying to kill you.

Near the end of the regular season the Pens were in a game that was getting pretty ugly. Somebody got run (might have been Scuderi) and Crosby saw it and got pissed. So he calls the equipment guy up the tunnel and has him unscrew his faceshield so he can start a fight w/o getting an extra minor. He proceeds to go out on the ice and try to fight 3 different guys and nobody would go with him.

Now I'm not saying he's some kind of super bad muther but he plays his ass off, is fearless in the corners and grizzled teammates like Billy Guerin have a ton of respect for him.

Anybody that would call that kid a pu$$y either doesn't watch him play enough to know any better or is just a self-aggrandizing little snotsucker. In your case it's likely both. ;)

Probably a little easier to skate when nobody's trying to kill you.

Near the end of the regular season the Pens were in a game that was getting pretty ugly. Somebody got run (might have been Scuderi) and Crosby saw it and got pissed. So he calls the equipment guy up the tunnel and has him unscrew his faceshield so he can start a fight w/o getting an extra minor. He proceeds to go out on the ice and try to fight 3 different guys and nobody would go with him.

Now I'm not saying he's some kind of super bad muther but he plays his ass off, is fearless in the corners and grizzled teammates like Billy Guerin have a ton of respect for him.

Anybody that would call that kid a pu$$y either doesn't watch him play enough to know any better or is just a self-aggrandizing little snotsucker. In your case it's likely both. ;)

Right on!

It is just fun picking on him for being the poster child of the NHL. ;) Anyway, AO's image with me really sank and SC's really gained a ton of respect for his attitude readjustment... Like two ships passing in the night... Still fun to mock SC because he is not a Sabre... AO really became a douchebag in my eyes (maybe it is the story on how he drives?).

Guest dog14787
That's because it didn't exist. Tim G.'s reply to me over on Facebook:

No effort, really, well maybe that's why I like to rely on my own opinion over someone else because we all see things a little differently. It takes a certain mentality and toughness to go down a block shots with your body, some players have it and some don't and Miro was never that type of player, and to be honest, normally your top scoring goal scorer is not noted for blocking shots with his body.

Satan played on the power play for the Sabres and he was also used on the penalty kill, his intelligence, knowledge of the game and use of the proper angles and positioning on the ice help make up for his lack of speed.

He is what he is, good at blocking shots, no, of course not, but good at scoring goals, yes he was and for anyone who seems to think the Miroslov Satan didn't put forth an effort when he played for the Sabres, I respectfully disagree.

and apparently so did Lindy Ruff and Sabres management, but hey, what do they know right. ;)