Stanley Cup Thread

Holy crap.....couldn't believe Lindstrom ended up all alone with the puck right in front. Huge save.

Great win for the Pens.

That was a hell of a final save by fleury. i thought that was a certain goal, but fleury came out of nowhere.

Oh a side note, i have to :lol: at ty conklin. He's lost 2 straight cup finals. Thats what he gets for sucking balls on buffalo a few years back.

on another side note: No matter what happened in the game, when gary bettman gets booed, everybody wins.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on another side note: No matter what happened in the game, when gary bettman gets booed, everybody wins.

The same thing happened last year in Pittsburgh. The Pens fans applauded the Wings, but when Bettman came out, the crowd booed him relentlessly. :lol:

Guest dog14787

Nice to see Satan raise the cup, great game, :lol:

doggonit if PA wasn't hard enough to live in already, geeesh

I really didn't see them winning in Detroit tonight. Great gut check game for them.

I gotta say, after the Penguins dropped the first two games, my interest in the series diminished some...what a great comeback by the Penguins. I am not wild about either team, but I guess I was pulling for the Penguins, mainly because I get pissed by all the Sidney Crosby backlash from NHL fans...he is a terrific hockey player, why all the hate? Cuz he isn't a Sabre?

I really didn't see them winning in Detroit tonight. Great gut check game for them.

Exactly! I was hoping and praying they could pull it out. All the talking heads and the flunking NHL minions like Melrose had DET taking it home. :lol::rolleyes:

As much as PITT and their fans are douchebags, good for them and phuck the league machine... The only thing that could have been better was a true samll market to win the Cup... Like BFLO or even VAN/EDM/CAL. Teams like BOS/NYR/DET make me sick. I used to like CHI when they were sucking wind... But, they quickly jumped to the big market douchebag list for me.

I gotta say, after the Penguins dropped the first two games, my interest in the series diminished some...what a great comeback by the Penguins. I am not wild about either team, but I guess I was pulling for the Penguins, mainly because I get pissed by all the Sidney Crosby backlash from NHL fans...he is a terrific hockey player, why all the hate? Cuz he isn't a Sabre?

Yep. Mostly because he plays for PITT... A team that was gonna fold or go elsewhere a short time ago. I used to like AO over SC for a while, but things changed... AO IMO is now an ultimate douchebag and SC turned it around for me. Also, it is always fun to playfully mock the pretty boy/finasse hockey players... No matter WHAT team they are on... It is part of the culture.

Nobody saw the Pens winning. But the Wings looked off all game. I can only assume that the pressure got to them.

And maybe the Sabres need to be the worst team in the league for several years running, so as to stock-up on players like Malkin, Crosby, and Fleury?

Nobody saw the Pens winning. But the Wings looked off all game. I can only assume that the pressure got to them.

And maybe the Sabres need to be the worst team in the league for several years running, so as to stock-up on players like Malkin, Crosby, and Fleury?

My friend had the best analysis - who's more hungrier, a team that's filled with a roster desperate to win a Stanley Cup, or a team with a roster filled with guys who already won it last year?

Pittsburgh just wanted it more. Detroit didn't bother getting up for it.

My friend had the best analysis - who's more hungrier, a team that's filled with a roster desperate to win a Stanley Cup, or a team with a roster filled with guys who already won it last year?

Pittsburgh just wanted it more. Detroit didn't bother getting up for it.

Exactly... That is why I keep bringing up Hossa... Sucks for him... :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes: That alone is "locker room fuel" for a game 7 winner take all game.

Exactly... That is why I keep bringing up Hossa... Sucks for him... :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes: That alone is "locker room fuel" for a game 7 winner take all game.

Dude is probably on suicide watch. Almost feel bad for him....almost. Talk about a guy who was crushed by the weight of his own expectations. Just disappeared under his own pressure.

Yep. Mostly because he plays for PITT... A team that was gonna fold or go elsewhere a short time ago. I used to like AO over SC for a while, but things changed... AO IMO is now an ultimate douchebag and SC turned it around for me. Also, it is always fun to playfully mock the pretty boy/finasse hockey players... No matter WHAT team they are on... It is part of the culture.

I knew I shouldn't have started reading these posts on a Buffalo board, because they are so stupidly ridiculous it's pathetic. You and Ramius act like Sydney Crosby turned you both down for the prom and you are holding a grudge.

As much as I love the Penguins, and just as much as I FUGGIN hate the Steelers, BOTH teams have fantastic fans. The jealousy from Buffalo fans toward other teams is what is truly hilarious. I can only hope we win a superbowl in Buffalo soon, so that all of you fans of all teams Buffalo can quit being so jealous of everyone else and learn how to enjoy life a little bit.

And for the record, there was less than a zero chance the Penguins were folding. They were making a play to get a new arena when the city was claiming they were broke. And it worked. There was no chance in hell they were leaving. If you note history, the Pirates did the same exact thing to get PNC Park built. Lemieux got sick of waiting, played his cards, and it got done. Lemieux is a master at life, sports, business and is a god in Pittsburgh. Lemieux got Pittsburgh's building built. They weren't going to fold.

The cup is back home where it belongs, and it's one of my teams first championships in 17 years of my life. It feels AWESOME. I can only imagine what it feels like to win the Superbowl someday.

Someday the Bills will be champs.....someday! :lol:

And one other thing that deserves it's own post......HOSSA CAN FUGGIN CHOKE ON CROSBY'S NUTSACK. They should have passed the cup to that pathetic piece of schitt, but he skated off the ice so fast, no one could find the sad sack of sh--.

He tried to ride the nuts of Zetterberg and Franz and Ozzie, and it blew up in his face. It doesn't happen like that too often, and I gotta believe that most sports fans would root against a gutless chickenschitt like that anyday.

Anyway, this one's for you MARIAN, you are now officially PIttsburgh's B word!

:lol:

Dude is probably on suicide watch. Almost feel bad for him....almost. Talk about a guy who was crushed by the weight of his own expectations. Just disappeared under his own pressure.

Hossa has sucked in the playoffs almost every year except last year when he played for Pitt on Crosby's line. And he went back to his old self this year for the wings. Regular season stud, playoff dud.

Hossa a piece of schitt.

Same, it's absolute bullsh!t IMO. Crosby is a helluva player and has really earned my respect.