Mini-camp observations

Has anybody noticed that every year during mini-camp and OTA's and even training camp that one or more of the coaches is guaranteed to say that the team "is way ahead of where we were last year"?

Year after year the team seems to be way ahead of the previous year and yet the team misses the playoffs every year.

Just curious.

It kinda makes me slightly suspicious of the coaching staff. They are either being dishonest about their evaluation or they don't know what they are doing.

If these coaches were making the playoffs after boasting about the improvements, I think it would give the fans reason to trust in the coaches and the fans could draw a different conclusion.

How many people think Jauron is a Super Bowl caliber coach?

If you say, "Yes" - the question remains, Why? On what basis during his long mediocre career record would he suddenly become a top echelon coach now?

If you say, "No" - the question remains, what did Ralph Wilson see in Jauron that leads him to believe that Jauron is the guy to lead the Bills to a Super Bowl title?

Just wondering.

Has anybody noticed that every year during mini-camp and OTA's and even training camp that one or more of the coaches is guaranteed to say that the team "is way ahead of where we were last year"?

Year after year the team seems to be way ahead of the previous year and yet the team misses the playoffs every year.

Just curious.

It kinda makes me slightly suspicious of the coaching staff. They are either being dishonest about their evaluation or they don't know what they are doing.

If these coaches were making the playoffs after boasting about the improvements, I think it would give the fans reason to trust in the coaches and the fans could draw a different conclusion.

If you say, "Yes" - the question remains, Why? On what basis during his long mediocre career record would he suddenly become a top echelon coach now?

If you say, "No" - the question remains, what did Ralph Wilson see in Jauron that leads him to believe that Jauron is the guy to lead the Bills to a Super Bowl title?

Just wondering.

every coach in every camp across the NFL says the following:

We had a good camp

Everyone worked hard but we have a lot of work to do.

Some rookies impressed me.

Jauron should be saying " how the Hell am I going to win with this no talent bunch of guys. hey Wilson, get me a few studs that are in their prime. You want me to win with a bunch or rookies? Well I suck anyway as a coach so it doesn't matter"

Mini-camp observations

is it different this year?

The main difference is last year at this time we weren't sure if M Lynch would be suspended for his off field incident, whereas this year we know he will be for his latest incident. Other than that, it was business as usual...

Whaddya expect them to say?

"Yeah we know it's only June and we're trying to sell tickets and all but man I've gotta tell you...we just blow. I mean seriously, don't even bother. I don't know how we're going to block a man and our defense is completely useless. We're considering forfeiting now and saving you the trouble."

For the record I think Jauron sucks, has sucked, and will continue to suck well into the future.

The main difference is last year at this time we weren't sure if M Lynch would be suspended for his off field incident, whereas this year we know he will be for his latest incident. Other than that, it was business as usual...

Now that's funny! :lol:

Summer isn't over yet, so let's see how it goes first.

:lol:

Outstanding post!

Just curious.

Just wondering.

Yes, no, maybe. Every coach needs talent to lead a team into the Super Bowl. Belicheck had won nothing, when Tom Brady replaced the injured Drew Bledsoe after a mediocre 2-2-0 start to the Pats first SB winning season, in 2001. 3 Super Bowl wins later, all with Brady under center, Belicheck is the genius, the standard in the NFL.

DJ seems lost on the sidelines, and incapable of showing emotions. Even Marv screamed at the refs every game. However, if this team learned from their fast start and faster fall from last year, and T.O., Maybin and the road grader kids on the O-Line make an impact, the Bills could make a run. Look at the Dolphins from last season!

but they are ahead of schedule this year.

this year's camp closed on June 11. last year's camp closed on June 13.

2 days early.

jw

OOOPS: last year's camp was scheduled to close June 13, but actually ended on June 12 after Jauron canceled last day. still, 1 day earlier than last year.