My 7,500th post!

Today is the final day of analong broadcasting for most full-power TV stations. (low-power TV and TV translators are exempt until 2012 for some reason.) Tonight at midnight your local TV stations will shut off their analog signals and finally go all-digital. Most of these stations will also leave their current channels:

WGRZ ch.2 --> DTV ch.33

WIVB ch.4 --> DTV ch.39

WKBW ch.7 --> DTV ch.38

WNED ch.17 --> DTV ch.43

WNLO ch.23 --> DTV ch.32

WUTV ch.29 --> DTV ch.14

WNYO ch.49 --> DTV ch.34

WNGS ch.67 --> DTV ch.46

If you are on cable or satellite, you don't have to do anything. If you get your TV over the air then you will need a digital converter box or just get a new TV. FYI Canandian TV channels are still broadcasting in analog as far as I know.

Finally the FCC estimates there are still over 2 million people who are not prepared for the digital switchover. These people are called procrastinators. They will not act until their TV's stop working. Then they will storm into Best Buy or Wal-Mart complaining why no one told them about this sooner.

PTR

Today is the final day of analong broadcasting for most full-power TV stations. (low-power TV and TV translators are exempt until 2012 for some reason.) Tonight at midnight your local TV stations will shut off their analog signals and finally go all-digital. Most of these stations will also leave their current channels:

WGRZ ch.2 --> DTV ch.33

WIVB ch.4 --> DTV ch.39

WKBW ch.7 --> DTV ch.38

WNED ch.17 --> DTV ch.43

WNLO ch.23 --> DTV ch.32

WUTV ch.29 --> DTV ch.14

WNYO ch.49 --> DTV ch.34

WNGS ch.67 --> DTV ch.46

If you are on cable or satellite, you don't have to do anything. If you get your TV over the air then you will need a digital converter box or just get a new TV. FYI Canandian TV channels are still broadcasting in analog as far as I know.

Finally the FCC estimates there are still over 2 million people who are not prepared for the digital switchover. These people are called procrastinators. They will not act until their TV's stop working. Then they will storm into Best Buy or Wal-Mart complaining why no one told them about this sooner.

PTR

I know! Unbelievable. It should have never been delayed in the first place.

So if their channel numbers are changing, will they change their names? Yeah, the numbers are really more symbolic at this point (except for those non-cable/dish people), but now they seem to be even more meaningless.

OMG how will I ever figure this out!!! I need some govt agency to come to my aid.! I need my TV! FCC, Obama, someone owes me some sort of comp.

The FCC's been warning us since 2000 about this. Originally, the change date was in 2005, then 2006, then 2007, then 2008, then 2/17/09, and finally today.

If you're not changed over, guess whose fault it is? For once, it ain't the government. :thumbsup:

Does this mean those annoying friggin' PSAs they run every five minutes are finally over??

Political hay-making...

I can't have all those grannies who voted for me swamping my office with calls when they can't watch their shows, can I!

The FCC's been warning us since 2000 about this. Originally, the change date was in 2005, then 2006, then 2007, then 2008, then 2/17/09, and finally today.

If you're not changed over, guess whose fault it is? For once, it ain't the government. :lol:

heh.. got dtv so were good. phew!

Three of my TVs & two of my VCRs have digital tuners. Two of the 3 sets are hooked up to cable boxes, but my 3rd TV & the VCR/DVD recorder hooked up to it are not. Some interesting things happened when I rescanned the TV & VCR/DVD recorder that I don't have hooked up to cable. There were 2 channels that did not get picked up when I scanned. I could not just play with the antenna & punch in the station. I ended up bringing the set & recorder to the opposite side of the house & rescanned. Those 2 channels got picked up & then, when I moved the set back into the room I took it out of, I was able to get one of the 2 channels by playing with the antenna. Since I don't watch the other one, I don't care enough to find out where the antenna needs to be to get it.

So-if you rescanned yesterday, make sure that you have all of your local stations. Depending on where the signals come from, you might miss a channel or 2 if you're on the opposite side of the house.

There are still 2 analog stations left in Albany, I wasn't expecting this after 6/12.

There are still have 2 analog stations left in Albany, I wasn't expecting this after 6/12.

If they are low-power stations, they still have a couple years to switch over.

While the June 12, 2009 deadline for ending analog broadcasts does not apply to low-power, Class A, and TV translator stations, the FCC will require these stations to convert to digital broadcasting sometime thereafter. More than 2,100 of these stations have been authorized to construct digital facilities and some are broadcasting in digital already. The FCC is currently considering the remaining issues involved with the low-power digital transition and will make decisions regarding these stations in the future.