Sarah Palin

One major flaw with the argument is that Reagan was really intelligent, and used the actor veneer to his advantage in turning the tables on the critics. I don't know if I can say the same about Palin. She may be an Eliza Doolittle, or she may be Chauncey Gardener.

I acknowledge that. Like I said...IF she pulls it off. She very well may not. But either way, liberals are COUNTING on getting the "2008" Palin in 2012. EVERY politician refines and adjusts his or her message and voice and they step from one level of government to the next. Liberals are counting on the fact Palin will be the ONE politician who does not.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a registered Republican, the last person I want leading my party is that dolt. Do you seriously want a president who took 9 semesters at 4 different colleges to finally obtain a fcking communications degree?

And just what are her stances on issues not named abortion and gay marriage? She was all for wasting millions on a useless and expensive bridge and then "whoops" she was magically against it. People who think she would be a good leader for our nation make me long for the days of voter IQ tests and poll taxes. The Republican party has been destroyed by bible thumping idiots who...oops... Hot Pocket is done - time for lunch! See you guys at the convention... :thumbsup:

edit: I'd eff her silly. Then again, I do that to my wife and I wouldn't trust her to clean the pool filter let alone be the POTUS...

Exactly. I personally don't know one Democrat who doesn't want her to lead the Republican party and be their Presidential nominee in 2012. That would be too good to be true.

Assuming everyone is still happy with Obama in 2012. I'm not saying this in support of Palin, but rather from the standpoint of "2012 is a long time away." It's not unlike people looking at the Bills schedule in April and thinking they can accurately predict what games will be won or loss simply by looking at the schedule five months before the season starts. People get hurt. Teams fall apart. It doesn't take much to change things on a dime. And that doesn't mean that the Bills are suddenly getting better, but rather that some teams just run into problems.

There's a lot of meat on the bone, and there's too much time left to even remotely have confidence that Obama will be invincible in three years. I know you like to bust nuts about 2016, etc., but I also know you're smart enough to realize that anything...anything...can derail this presidency at the drop of a hat. He needs to hope we don't get attacked on our soil. He needs to hope a recently-released Gitmo detainee doesn't blow up a building somewhere...anywhere, and get caught. He's got to ensure that nationalized health care works for everyone. And most importantly, he's got to restore the economy. If he doesn't restore it soundly, and people remain unemployed despite his promises, it's anyone's game.

You can only stand there saying "I inherited this" for so long before you own it.

The HUGE flaw in that thought process is that your counting on Palin remaining as she was at the RNC. The one even the GOP wasnt sure about...making gaffess, struggling to find her voice, whining about being a "mahhhhhvrik."

But liberals dont get that the more she is in the spotlight...then the more attention she gets....the more she finds her voice....the more she comes a "national" politician and not just a governor from a small state....the more of a real viable candidate and valid voice she becomes. Shes already stopped talking about "lipstick" and is solidifying her POV on the issues. And you better hope to the Flying Schincter Muscle that shes doesnt get her message and POV to really gain traction. Becuase if it does, the left is !@#$ed becuase calling her a "dumb waitress" wont fly anymore with voters, the same way trying to portray Ronald Reagan as a jelly bean popping empty headed actor didnt.

This line of thinking is exactly why she won't go away. :thumbsup:

Palin may track well with a core of conservatives, (who are projecting just such hopes on her) but the DNC will be happy to see her in the spotlight rather than Mitch Daniels or Bobby Jindal.

SARAH FRIGGIN' PALIN!!!!!

Why can't left wing idiots stop making new threads about her so they can complain about people discussing her!!!!

:unsure::thumbsup:

And no....it wasn't enough to just add on to Hedd's ongoing Palin-obsession thread, this 'tard needed to start a new thread.

One major flaw with the argument is that Reagan was really intelligent, and used the actor veneer to his advantage in turning the tables on the critics. I don't know if I can say the same about Palin. She may be an Eliza Doolittle, or she may be Chauncey Gardener.

She is the anti-Chauncey Gardiner, that is for sure.

Exactly. I personally don't know one Democrat who doesn't want her to lead the Republican party and be their Presidential nominee in 2012. That would be too good to be true.

You are so right. I can't wait. What that means is that in 2012 we'll be begging for a third party. By then Americans with wise up to the failed policies of the two parties that we've had rammed down our throats all these years. That's what you meant right?

You are so right. I can't wait. What that means is that in 2012 we'll be begging for a third party. By then Americans with wise up to the failed policies of the two parties that we've had rammed down our throats all these years. That's what you meant right?

And then nothing will happen with the third party idea and people will again be upset. :thumbsup:

2012 will be a referendum on Obama. The GOP candidate will be almost meaningless. If the economy is booming and we're not at war, they may very well toss Palin in there as the sacrificial lamb; similar to Mondale and Dole. If Obama screws up though, no way she gets through the primary. She doesn't have the connections.

Third Parties tend to be single issues and ultimately get absorbed.

Perot with his screaming about deficits probably had beneficial effects for a while.

Nader kept Al Gore from being president so that was beneficial too......maybe... :thumbsup:

I acknowledge that. Like I said...IF she pulls it off. She very well may not. But either way, liberals are COUNTING on getting the "2008" Palin in 2012. EVERY politician refines and adjusts his or her message and voice and they step from one level of government to the next. Liberals are counting on the fact Palin will be the ONE politician who does not.

The gaffes, stupidity and lack of knowledge of what is going on in the world is only half of it. A lot of that is POSSIBLY changed, or least improved on, although I personally think she isn't capable of real serious thinking. That is just an opinion but I don't think she is a naturally bright person. She can learn facts and not make as many blatant mistakes in the future, sure, but I don't think she can grow smarts. That is yet to be determined.

The other half, and just as important, is that she actually believes in dividing, not uniting, and the Republicans simply cannot win with that strategy. She almost always talks in us versus them terms, and the "us" in her scenario is a small percentage of the country and electorate, and getting smaller. And her core firm beliefs on major issues that also probably will not change will kill her in a general election.

I'm all for her sticking around and getting as much publicity as she can. It's great.

The gaffes, stupidity and lack of knowledge of what is going on in the world is only half of it. A lot of that is POSSIBLY changed, or least improved on, although I personally think she isn't capable of real serious thinking. That is just an opinion but I don't think she is a naturally bright person. She can learn facts and not make as many blatant mistakes in the future, sure, but I don't think she can grow smarts.

You just described our current Vice President. Anything can happen. Obviously.

No. But I wouldn't mind a strong third party at all.

And then nothing will happen with the third party idea and people will again be upset. :thumbsup:

Yeah you're right. Why even try. I'm more cynical that the average person but my disdain for the current system outweighs my cynicism of all politicians. You're what's wrong with this country today.

You just described our current Vice President. Anything can happen. Obviously.

The only thing similar to Biden is the limitless penchant for gaffes. Otherwise they are pretty much total opposites in anything I can think.

Biden is extremely well-informed, and smart, and experienced on a host of issues. He just insists on relentlessly saying stupid things that get him in trouble, most of which are usually true, just criminally dumb to say.

As long as it had a heavy liberal platform right? :thumbsup:

Nope, there are only a few liberal causes I am wed to. Most liberal politicians I don't like. I think they go WAY too far on most of the things I lean toward. I think they cause almost as many problems as they think they are solving. I think they are very often as disingenuous as the other side.

2012 will be a referendum on Obama. The GOP candidate will be almost meaningless. If the economy is booming and we're not at war, they may very well toss Palin in there as the sacrificial lamb; similar to Mondale and Dole. If Obama screws up though, no way she gets through the primary. She doesn't have the connections.

Or the synapses.

Otherwise I totally agree.