Sarah Palin

Yeah you're right. Why even try. I'm more cynical that the average person but my disdain for the current system outweighs my cynicism of all politicians. You're what's wrong with this country today.

I am all for trying. And will agree that for years the candidates have sucked. I actually like Obama so I got lucky with that one. However, I could and still can't stand Hillary or some other democrats.

And I am not what's wrong. I like the democratic party. I was just being honest about the third party concept.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for trying. And will agree that for years the candidates have sucked. I actually like Obama so I got lucky with that one. However, I could and still can't stand Hillary or some other democrats.

And I am not what's wrong. I like the democratic party. I was just being honest about the third party concept.

You're being honest about the third party concept as it exists. It's up to us to change that and I did my bit this past fall. I voted third party for the first time in my life. Next cycle I plan on doing more than just voting.

I recall another politician who at the time was really shallow on substance and experience, making a rousing speech at his party's Convention which "introduced" him to the Country.

Today we call him President Obama.

Im just sayin'

The only thing similar to Biden is the limitless penchant for gaffes. Otherwise they are pretty much total opposites in anything I can think.

Biden is extremely well-informed, and smart, and experienced on a host of issues. He just insists on relentlessly saying stupid things that get him in trouble, most of which are usually true, just criminally dumb to say.

Oh, I forgot the the mantra: when a Republican makes gaffes, they're an idiot, but when a Democrat makes gaffes, it's "rhetorical flourish."

Biden's a well-informed and experienced idiot, and we both know it.

Oh, I forgot the the mantra: when a Republican makes gaffes, they're an idiot, but when a Democrat makes gaffes, it's "rhetorical flourish."

And rule #2, which also pertains here....What a joke is made about a Republican its "satire." When one is made about a Democrat, you must book your flight to Mars. Now.

I recall another politician who at the time was really shallow on substance and experience, making a rousing speech at his party's Convention which "introduced" him to the Country.

Today we call him President Obama.

Im just sayin'

Who did you vote for?

And rule #2, which also pertains here....What a joke is made about a Republican its "satire." When one is made about a Democrat, you must book your flight to Mars. Now.

The party of Reagan/Bush/Palin needs more funny-men.

Assuming everyone is still happy with Obama in 2012. I'm not saying this in support of Palin, but rather from the standpoint of "2012 is a long time away." It's not unlike people looking at the Bills schedule in April and thinking they can accurately predict what games will be won or loss simply by looking at the schedule five months before the season starts. People get hurt. Teams fall apart. It doesn't take much to change things on a dime. And that doesn't mean that the Bills are suddenly getting better, but rather that some teams just run into problems.

There's a lot of meat on the bone, and there's too much time left to even remotely have confidence that Obama will be invincible in three years. I know you like to bust nuts about 2016, etc., but I also know you're smart enough to realize that anything...anything...can derail this presidency at the drop of a hat. He needs to hope we don't get attacked on our soil. He needs to hope a recently-released Gitmo detainee doesn't blow up a building somewhere...anywhere, and get caught. He's got to ensure that nationalized health care works for everyone. And most importantly, he's got to restore the economy. If he doesn't restore it soundly, and people remain unemployed despite his promises, it's anyone's game.

You can only stand there saying "I inherited this" for so long before you own it.

I agree with all of that. Don't tell anyone in the Republican party, but if the US economy tanks and Obama is not a shoe in, pretty much the only person in the Republican party that COULD lose to him would be Palin. Anyone else would probably win the Presidency.

You're just like Biden. You're well-informed and say all kinds of stupid things, but that doesn't make you an idiot. :thumbsup: Biden is a very smart guy, he just has a crappy filter on his big mouth.

God this woman just sucks. I wish that she would just go away!!! Most annoying person in the world. Damn McCain for making her popular.

In the joke didn't Letterman say Bristol though? Isn't Bristol being looked at now as the poster child for abstinence? And doing People magazine, etc. isn't necessarily staying out of the spotlight. Was his jokes a bit to much, yes. I still find him funny though.

Also, I don't think it's just a matter of liberals not liking her. I believe it's a bigger crowd than that.

Is hedd posting under a assumed name? What's it like to wake up in the morning and start obessing about a woman 3000 miles away who has zero input in your life?

I agree with all of that. Don't tell anyone in the Republican party, but if the US economy tanks and Obama is not a shoe in, pretty much the only person in the Republican party that COULD lose to him would be Palin. Anyone else would probably win the Presidency.

In no way is an Obama second term a certainty, but a Palin nomination or even a strong candidacy by her could be helpful.

Is hedd posting under a assumed name? What's it like to wake up in the morning and start obessing about a woman 3000 miles away who has zero input in your life?

She would have input into my life if the republicans can figure out how to get this woman elected.