Will he ever learn?

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local..._162222520.html

What part of 7-9 for three seasons in a row does this boob fail to understand?

Your teams flat out suck and fail to finish games which is only the small part of the bigger picture of failing to finish the season. Make your players stay and finish their duties.

Why is he rewarding them?

He's gone by midseason when this team is 2-6.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots minicamp practice called off

Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff June 12, 2009 08:48 AM

In a move that players are likely to appreciate, head coach Bill Belichick has canceled the team's final minicamp practice today.

Belichick informed the players during a team meeting this morning.

The three-day minicamp came at the tail end of three weeks of organized team activities, so Belichick must have felt as if the team finished its important work and installation of packages from the playbook. The Patriots had excellent attendance throughout voluntary OTAs.

Absolutely correct -- because another 1/2 day of running around in underwear is going to make all the difference in this year's team.

Consistently sticking to the plan (having a full practice) and making your team follow through is certainly going to make a difference albeit maybe a small one but the Buffalo Bills need any help they can get.

Jauron regularly cuts practices short and runs the least amount of double sessions in the NFL which IMO is certainly part of the reason for his 1 winning season in 10 years.

His formula for coaching has not worked for this team, ever.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local..._162222520.html

What part of 7-9 for three seasons in a row does this boob fail to understand?

Your teams flat out suck and fail to finish games which is only the small part of the bigger picture of failing to finish the season. Make your players stay and finish their duties.

Why is he rewarding them?

He's gone by midseason when this team is 2-6.

I feel stupid for responding to this crazy talk, but I just have to ask. Are you one of those mouth-breathers who think that screaming on the sidelines is a sign of good coaching?

That's great for the Patriots, how many Super Bowl victories and playoff appearances do the Buffalo Bills have in the last decade though?

I see. Because the Pats are successful, they don't need to show up for work in June. Because the Bills aren't, holding a walkthrough instead of a full-contact practice the very same week is grounds for firing up the torches and handing out pitchforks.

I have a lot of reasons to dislike Jauron's coaching ability, but this isn't one of them. Sorry.

I feel stupid for responding to this crazy talk, but I just have to ask. Are you one of those mouth-breathers who think that screaming on the sidelines is a sign of good coaching?

Your incorrect assumption and super clever mouth breather joke aside I do believe that Jauron could stand to be a bit more human, screaming like a baby never works though.

My biggest gripe with this situation is that he's using his same old cater to the players formula for coaching which has not worked here. Sure his players love him, I'd love my boss too if I got to go home early and never was criticised for making mistakes.

Jauron seems to be rewarding his team before they've accomplished anything and it's not as if they are building off an 11 or 12 win season. (Patriots).

I'm not advocating running the team ragged, sticking to a plan and seeing it through is never bad policy.

There are certainly many things to criticize Jauron for: game day management, not always surrounding himself with the best available coaches, etc. However, no one can claim that his players don't play hard for him. I have no problem with his rewarding them in this fashion.

There are certainly many things to criticize Jauron for: game day management, not always surrounding himself with the best available coaches, etc. However, no one can claim that his players don't play hard for him. I have no problem with his rewarding them in this fashion.

Bingo. Those 27 losses over the past three seasons are not the result of a lack of effort. The notion that Jauron "coddles" his players is unfounded.

Whatever DJ has been doing will get you a 7-9 season. If you are okay with that, then fine. Some people are just greedy and might actually like to see another playoff game in western NY before they or RW dies. NE owns DJ. DJ needs to be doing it better than the last three years if there is to be any improvement. If that means possibly working the team harder or cutting them loose some days - who cares as long as he produces more wins than loses and we get into the playoffs?

Consistently sticking to the plan (having a full practice) and making your team follow through is certainly going to make a difference albeit maybe a small one but the Buffalo Bills need any help they can get.

Jauron regularly cuts practices short and runs the least amount of double sessions in the NFL which IMO is certainly part of the reason for his 1 winning season in 10 years.

I will paraphrase, but Einstien once said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results..."

7-9 here we come!

The training camps run by Marv Levy, even at the start of his tenure, were referred to as club Marv.

What he said. :thumbsup:

Although I hate to side with chicken littles, he has a point. It's not like there's not a new offense being installed with an entire overhaul of the OL. Whether it's contact or not, nothing beats repetition in having them learn the new system.

Can't wait for this team to be ready by Fridays again.