Letterman: What happened to him?

Just Because her mother believes in abstinence, and her daughter didn't, doesn't make her fair game in my view. It isn't as if Bristol was going around the country preaching abstinence BITCHSLAP!!!

Really?

:lol:

I think Dave made a mistake and should have left Bristol out of it. I always think family is out of bounds. I found it hysterical to hear Rush saying so though. He said something like, "They never did this to the Clintons."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

:rolleyes:

I think Dave made a mistake and should have left Bristol out of it. I always think family is out of bounds. I found it hysterical to hear Rush saying so though. He said something like, "They never did this to the Clintons."

Do you think that this came about after or before her pregnancy?

Also, if you read what I wrote, I said "didn't" not "doesn't"

do you know the difference?

Do you think that this came about after or before her pregnancy?

Also, if you read what I wrote, I said "didn't" not "doesn't"

do you know the difference?

Past as opposed to present tense? So your contention is that Bristol wasn't advocating abstinence when she got pregnant? So no hypocrisy when she advocates it now, as she has presumably learned something from her own personal experience? If so, I would agree. You might want to make that more clear though.

Pity you won't apply the same reasonable attitude to Dave's joke (tasteless and unfunny as it was) and instead assume he is referring to a "Rape of a 14 year old".

Past as opposed to present tense? So your contention is that Bristol wasn't advocating abstinence when she got pregnant? So no hypocrisy when she advocates it now, as she has presumably learned something from her own personal experience? If so, I would agree. You might want to make that more clear though.

Yup, "didn't" meaning past tense, I think that is clear enough.

Has she learned something from her personal experience? or could it be that maybe she was pressured from her mother for damage control reasons? or maybe she really does want to try to make things right? I have no clue, but that is besides the point.

If Bristol was the butt end of that joke, the point is that it was tasteless, and that it isn't as if she put herself out there to be a target of those sort of jokes. Her mother was the one advocating abstinence, which is why the joke was made.

In regards to Dave, you don't know if he was talking about Bristol, and if he did, I wrote the following:

I suggest he hire better writers. You would think that they would know which daughter was in NY. At the end of the day, it is Dave's responsibility in what it is that he says, but it doesn't surprise me, with his weak azz ratings, they are desperate for anything that resembles relevance, they've been on the decline ever since his hard approach to the left.

I think Letterman should be fired.

Don Imus got fired for saying, "there's some nappy-headed hos, there." when a highlight reel of the RU Women's BB team was running.

What's worse - a rape joke about an innocent minor or a racial slur?

Has she learned something from her personal experience? or could it be that maybe she was pressured from her mother for damage control reasons? or maybe she really does want to try to make things right? I have no clue, but that is besides the point.

If Bristol was the butt end of that joke, the point is that it was tasteless, and that it isn't as if she put herself out there to be a target of those sort of jokes. Her mother was the one advocating abstinence, which is why the joke was made.

In regards to Dave, you don't know if he was talking about Bristol, and if he did, I wrote the following:

I suggest he hire better writers. You would think that they would know which daughter was in NY. At the end of the day, it is Dave's responsibility in what it is that he says, but it doesn't surprise me, with his weak azz ratings, they are desperate for anything that resembles relevance, they've been on the decline ever since his hard approach to the left.

Only in the past tense, she has advocated for abstinence. You mean, she didn't do so before she got pregnant. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. I assume you meant before she got pregnant. Dave made it quite clear in his followup who he was talking about. Will you not extend him the same courtesy?

Nope, because it was her 14 year old daughter that accompanied Sarah P to NY not the 18 year old.

PUNCH!!!!

He says it was intended toward Bristol :rolleyes: , I suggest he hire better writers. You would think that they would know which daughter was in NY. At the end of the day, it is Dave's responsibility in what it is that he says, but it doesn't surprise me, with his weak azz ratings, they are desperate for anything that resembles relevance, they've been on the decline ever since his hard approach to the left.

AND

Just Because her mother believes in abstinence, and her daughter didn't, doesn't make her fair game in my view. It isn't as if Bristol was going around the country preaching abstinence.

PUNCH!!!

And the fact that you call her daughter Bristol a slut, well....

PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes just because Willow was at the game it was about her. There could be no other explanation. :rolleyes:

You're an idiot. Bristol has been going around the country preaching abstinence. Maybe your writers should check their facts first.

She was on Good Morning America talking about it.

She has a healthy baby boy who has just learned to sit up, but Bristol Palin said she's using her fame to tell other teens to do what she didn't do -- abstain from sex

Linky

She has been named the Candies Foundation spokeswoman for sexual abstinence. Palin explains, "Regardless of what I did personally, I just think that abstinence is the only way you can effectively, 100% foolproof way you can prevent pregnancy." When asked to explain her own lack of abstinence, she answers, "I'm not quite sure, I just want to go out there and promote abstinence and say, this is the safest choice."

She was on Greta Van Susteren and seems to have changed her tune;

Bristol quickly answered that she didn't want to get into specifics. The best option is abstinence, the teen said, but added that she didn't think that was "realistic."

I think Letterman should be fired.

Don Imus got fired for saying, "there's some nappy-headed hos, there." when a highlight reel of the RU Women's BB team was running.

What's worse - a rape joke about an innocent minor or a racial slur?

What is more disturbing to me is how many people instantly assume it is the rape of the minor. When I heard the joke, I thought of the 18 year old.

I'm talking about WOMEN!

Not that there's anything wrong with what you do with your time.

Yes all of the liberal Hollywood women are dogs! :lol: Get a clue.

Read above again.

Yes just because Willow was at the game it was about her. There could be no other explanation. :lol:

You're an idiot. Bristol has been going around the country preaching abstinence. Maybe your writers should check their facts first.

She was on Good Morning America talking about it.

She has a healthy baby boy who has just learned to sit up, but Bristol Palin said she's using her fame to tell other teens to do what she didn't do -- abstain from sex

Linky

She has been named the Candies Foundation spokeswoman for sexual abstinence. Palin explains, "Regardless of what I did personally, I just think that abstinence is the only way you can effectively, 100% foolproof way you can prevent pregnancy." When asked to explain her own lack of abstinence, she answers, "I'm not quite sure, I just want to go out there and promote abstinence and say, this is the safest choice."

She was on Greta Van Susteren and seems to have changed her tune;

Bristol quickly answered that she didn't want to get into specifics. The best option is abstinence, the teen said, but added that she didn't think that was "realistic."

Steely, it looks as if you are lacking in the thinking rationale department.

I know it's difficult, but let's see if you can figure this one out ok Steely?

When did she start speaking about sexual abstinence?

was it before or after she became pregnant?

I guess you're the idiot :rolleyes:

What is more disturbing to me is how many people instantly assume it is the rape of the minor. When I heard the joke, I thought of the 18 year old.

She wasn't in NYC with her mother. The 14 year old was. Some inquiring minds there at Letterman's writing pool. Very talented. They should take a page from Howard Stern and start mocking the autistic and Downs Syndrome kids. That'd be hilarious. Such easy targets too.

Steely, it looks as if you are lacking in the thinking rationale department.

I know it's difficult, but let's see if you can figure this one out ok Steely?

When did she start speaking about sexual abstinence?

was it before or after she became pregnant?

I guess you're the idiot :lol:

Did you look at the links? The links show she was doing so after and do you really believe if she was asked before her pregnancy that she would have said different? She certainly didn't advocate birth control.

Now who's the idiot?

Did you look at the links? The links show she was doing so after and do you really believe if she was asked before her pregnancy that she would have said different? She certainly didn't advocate birth control.

Now who's the idiot?

you still don't get it :lol:

Steely, you make it too easy

Ok, enlighten me on how much of a difference it makes?

Booster was able to figure it out, I will copy his post. MAYBE this time you can put two and two together.

So your contention is that Bristol wasn't advocating abstinence when she got pregnant? So no hypocrisy when she advocates it now, as she has presumably learned something from her own personal experience? If so, I would agree.

Booster was able to figure it out, I will copy his post. MAYBE this time you can put two and two together.

So your contention is that Bristol wasn't advocating abstinence when she got pregnant? So no hypocrisy when she advocates it now, as she has presumably learned something from her own personal experience? If so, I would agree.

Skipped over a bit there brother. Technically, you were incorrect as she has (past tense) advocated abstinence.

Skipped over a bit there brother. Technically, you were incorrect as she has (past tense) advocated abstinence.

skipped over what? That was the meat and potatoes of the matter, Steely can go back and read the rest, it's not as if it is a lengthy, complex oratory masterpiece.

In regards to your second statement. I don't doubt you as I don't keep up with Bristol, and to tell you the truth, I don't give two sh*ts about what she does with her life, but how was I technically wrong? link please

skipped over what? That was the meat and potatoes of the matter, Steely can go back and read the rest, it's not as if it is a lengthy, complex oratory masterpiece.

In regards to your second statement. I don't doubt you as I don't keep up with Bristol, and to tell you the truth, I don't give two sh*ts about what she does with her life, but how was I technically wrong? link please

Past tense includes anything that happened in the past. It does not magically mean anything that happened before she got pregnant.

I brought that up for you. You never said it. You are the one who got pedantic about past and present tense. I have already provided a link showing how she is advocating for abstinence now (and in the past even if only a few days or weeks).

Sucks when someone parses your writing doesn't it?