Letterman: What happened to him?

Letterman used to be funny. Havent watched him in years.

But if he's making 14yr old girl rape jokes, i may just tune back in!!

reminds me of my best "line".

when a date is going pretty well, i like to lean in close to a girl, rub her shoulders and whisper sweetly...

"dont make this rape turn into a murder"

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when a date is going pretty well, i like to lean in close to a girl, rub her shoulders and whisper sweetly...

:rolleyes:

I also to remember that "if she ain't bitin', she ain't fightin'".

Palin did Letterman a huge favor by doing this idiocy. I think she made herself look foolish and raised Letterman's ratings for the night.

I love how he gets to the joke about her looking like a slutty flight attendant and starts to apologize but says; "No I like that one." :rolleyes:

I heard the joke and all I thought was that he was referinig to her daughter that had the kid, I didn't even remember that she had a younger daughter. The only way you think it was a tastless rape joke about a 14 year old is if you followed what Palin has been doing and know that it was the 14 year old with her instead of the better known teen mother daughter of hers. Other wise the joke makes more sense that he is talking about the older one

Remember 25 years ago when David Letterman was called "irreverent"?

Now he's 62, and with age, irreverence turns into crankiness.

What he said.

He's suffering from the same problem that Robin Williams has. They are just too old to be doing the same type of humor that they were doing in their 20's and 30's.

What he said.

He's suffering from the same problem that Robin Williams has. They are just too old to be doing the same type of humor that they were doing in their 20's and 30's.

This is something that George Carlin never had a problem with, for whatever reason. I guess when you're the best at something you never really "lose it".

He made a mistake and he halfway owned up to it.

The thing I don't like about his show is how he uses it like many other comedians as a political tool if/when need be. Not that I'm a huge John McCain fan, but the difference in interviews between McCain and Obama on Letterman are VERY undisguised.

This is something that George Carlin never had a problem with, for whatever reason. I guess when you're the best at something you never really "lose it".

Carlin lost it a little bit for a while to me, but once he went to rehab he seemed to turn it on again.

I hate to admit it, but I would watch Leno over Letterman the past few years. Leno is so commercial, but at least when you tune in you know you are getting a B/B- every night. With Letterman, when he was on, he was an A+....but for the past 10 years or so those really never happened anymore. Once he renewed that contract, it was over.

Plus I'm sure the heart problems may have changed his outlook on a few things.

Carlin really was the best.

He's been offending humor for about a decade or more.

He's been offending humor ever since he started his comedy routine.

To answer the question, "What happened to him?", my response would be, nothing.

He's still an obnoxious, smart-mouthed jerk. He's always been that way.

Why people have found David Letterman to be funny all of these years is beyond me.

letterman has, will and never was/will be funny............seriously you all must be OLD as heck to enjoy anything he says.......

I'd rather watch paint dry on dirt

You sound like a fun guy.

Carlin was far and away the best. He never stepped back, IMO, he only kept getting better. Jerry Seinfeld is a great observational comedian too but Carlin is light years ahead of any observational comedian out there. He'd also mix in a joke or two.

You sound like a fun guy.

A mushroom? :rolleyes:

I wonder how the media would of viewed if a prominent TV figure would of suggested in a joke that Michelle Obama's child was raped?

Double standard? :unsure:

This would be as hypothetically-double-stardardy as they come. :thumbsup: