Jarius Bryd

and so it begins, crayonz leaps in with some off the wall post, linking in sex and school, dedication and john mccargo, and we all get drawn in, fascinated by this car-wreck logic unable to look away. it is like a song that lures us to post and post and post, reply and reply and reply, in many cases writing and re-writing the same things over again, and yet to no avail.

crayonz will not let up, able to withstand one thrust after another, scrambling like fran tarkenton or steve young ... but not like kelly holcomb.

and as page after page fills with unease and failed atttempts at reaching a conclusion or achieving an level of satisfaction, we sit back -- unable to mount one more reply -- and say, whew, what was that all about?

jw.

ADD: hey, page 3.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and so it begins, crayonz leaps in with some off the wall post, linking in sex and school, dedication and john mccargo, and we all get drawn in, fascinated by this car-wreck logic unable to look away. it is like a song that lures us to post and post and post, reply and reply and reply, in many cases writing and re-writing the same things over again, and yet to no avail.

crayonz will not let up, able to withstand one thrust after another, scrambling like fran tarkenton or steve young ... but not like kelly holcomb.

and as page after page fills with unease and failed atttempts at reaching a conclusion or achieving an level of satisfaction, we sit back -- unable to mount one more reply -- and say, whew, what was that all about?

jw.

ADD: hey, page 3.

This is the easy stuff. Wait til he starts asking people do do his homework.

The one about losing the out-of-conference games to get into the playoffs might still be his finest work. The starter of this thread is a mere neophyte in comparison.

(Unless he was actually serious ... and perhaps drinking ... when he posted that?)

:doh:

The one about losing the out-of-conference games to get into the playoffs might still be his finest work. The starter of this thread is a mere neophyte in comparison.

(Unless he was actually serious ... and perhaps drinking ... when he posted that?)

:doh:

a certain doctor forwarded me a link to that thread, which is the one i was referring to earlier. it was epic. good times. good times.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=73019&hl=

jw

funny thing, re-reading that post i realize that crayonz' logic was faulty.

he/she suggested that bills fans root for the team to lose against arizona because that would somehow help them in the playoff picture.

well, lo and behold, the bills did in fact lose that game, and look where that got them.

they missed the playoffs.

in retrospect, crayonz was mistaken on that point. :doh:

jw

he/she suggested that bills fans root for the team to lose against arizona because that would somehow help them in the playoff picture.

well, lo and behold, the bills did in fact lose that game, and look where that got them.

jw

He/she? You give science experiments run amok too much credit. One has to think of crayonz as more of an 'it.'

GO BILLS!!!

jw

I'm sure that he was counting that somewhere during the season, the coaching staff would know that a 50 yd FG heading into the west goalpoast is not a gimme ....

I'm sure that he was counting that somewhere during the season, the coaching staff would know that a 50 yd FG heading into the west goalpoast is not a gimme ....

Well, that turned out to be a mistake, too.

(grrrr .... still annoyed about that ...)

don't know if crayonz implied that in presenting his theory, but i'll have to go back and check. ... :doh:

I think it's the universal theory that Bills will make history by becoming the first team to make the playoffs with a 7-9 record. Either that, or move all games to Fridays.

I think it's the universal theory that Bills will make history by becoming the first team to make the playoffs with a 7-9 record. Either that, or move all games to Fridays.

which would be a good move, since they've never lost a game on a friday, to an nfc or afc team, since i got here in 2000.

jw

which would be a good move, since they've never lost a game on a friday, to an nfc or afc team, since i got here in 2000.

jw

They should break 'phins record too, because AFAIK, everything they try on Fridays, works. Both on defense and offense.

didnt a team from the NFC West make it with a losing record a few years ago????

jw

Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays, on the other hand ...

Hmmm. Regarding the Toronto game, they may have a Thursday winning streak going. (RJ at Jax?) Think I'll go check that.

Edit: Yup, in fact, that 2001 game was their last prime-time win of any sort.

didnt a team from the NFC West make it with a losing record a few years ago????

Nope. 9-7 (AZ last year, SEA in 2006, 2004.) Chargers won the AFC West at 8-8 last year, though. First time that's happened since Cleveland in '85.

Waitaminute. That was just division winners. Rechecking ...

Nope. Still nothing below .500 since the futzed-up strike season in 1982, when the 4-5 Browns and Lions had the privilege of losing to the eventual Super Bowl teams, the Raiders and Redskins, in the first round.

What's your fascination with me?

What makes you think I was talking about you?

I said:

Some kids go off to Ithaca and their goal is to gain first hand knowledge of the female body. This might not happen in four years. Then there is a Masters, then a PhD, then a Doctorate and maybe even Grad schoool after that. If the goal hasn't been achieved even once, you stay at school until some chick gets drunk enough or come up with a new strategy.

I have no idea where you grew up so how would I know if you had to "go off to Ithaca"? If you always lived there I would say:

Some kids from Ithaca go to college and their goal is to gain first hand knowledge of the female body. This might not happen in four years. Then there is a Masters, then a PhD, then a Doctorate and maybe even Grad schoool after that. If the goal hasn't been achieved even once, you stay at school until some chick gets drunk enough or come up with a new strategy.

See the difference in specificity? I was assuming the kids from Ithaca would know their way around town enough to avoid the 4+ years of futility so I made the description about an out of towner. I have no idea which category you're in. I grant you that the part where I said

...goal is to gain first hand knowledge of the female body. This might not happen in four years. Then there is a Masters, then a PhD, then a Doctorate and maybe even Grad schoool after that. If the goal hasn't been achieved even once, you stay at school until some chick gets drunk enough or come up with a new strategy.

might sound familiar; but that is pure coincidence.