Jarius Bryd

dude?

yes, you're absolutely right. give up the free education he's received for the right to attend 18 spring practice sessions. what the hell was i thinking?

never mind the fact that i'm not entirely sure he could quit school at this point and still be allowed to attend the minicamps. though there might be a loophole, i'd imagine he would have had to quit school prior to the draft. and then, where would that really get him?

but no, you're absolutely correct. he likely had that option and squandered it. though you can't question his dedication to school, you can question his dedication to football, and we can all wonder why he didn't begin attending bills minicamps two and three years ago because, after all, he had that opportunity to do so and squandered it as well.

bust.

jw :doh:

Dude he wasn't drafted until this year.

The bottom line is that you should go to college with a goal in mind. When you achieve that goal it should be sayonara. Bill Gates left to start Microsoft. Michael Dell left to start a PC company. I think Compaq. The bottom line is that, when you're done, you're done. Some people take longer than others. LeBron James was done before he started, Gates and Dell had a couple years. Admittedly sometimes it takes longer. Some kids go off to Ithaca and their goal is to gain first hand knowledge of the female body. This might not happen in four years. Then there is a Masters, then a PhD, then a Doctorate and maybe even Grad schoool after that. If the goal hasn't been achieved even once, you stay at school until some chick gets drunk enough or come up with a new strategy.

Byrd had 3 and a half years and that should be it. He got drafted. Time to cut ties.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that you should go to college with a goal in mind. When you achieve that goal it should be sayonara. Bill Gates left to start Microsoft. Michael Dell left to start a PC company. I think Compaq. The bottom line is that, when you're done, you're done. Some people take longer than others. LeBron James was done before he started, Gates and Dell had a couple years. Admittedly sometimes it takes longer. Some kids go off to Ithaca and their goal is to gain first hand knowledge of the female body. This might not happen in four years. Then there is a Masters, then a PhD, then a Doctorate and maybe even Grad schoool after that. If the goal hasn't been achieved even once, you stay at school until some chick gets drunk enough or come up with a new strategy.

Byrd had 3 and a half years and that should be it. He got drafted. Time to cut ties.

For anyone who might actually bite on the lure Crayonz is casting, Byrd didn't have a choice. NFL rule. Doesn't matter if he hasn't set foot on campus since Oregon's final game last season; if his classmates who are going pro in something other than football are stuck cramming for their finals, he's not allowed to be here.

Add: I should note that this has already been addressed on Page 1, but I wanted to get the people who came in late and missed the opening credits ...

:doh:

shut up

why? because you're suggesting he's no longer a virgin? how silly.

but to your other point. byrd is not the only player who's followed these rules, and yet suddenly you're questioning his dedication and fearing he'll be the "next mccargo."

and without speaking to byrd, or knowing his motivations, you're making a sudden and dramatic leap in logic in suggesting what he should and shouldn't do. you are basing your point on the premise that byrd should eat, sleep and breath football 24/7. well, there's also something to be said about getting an education while you have that opportunity.

and you're making the case that, by comparing byrd to gates and dell and james, that byrd already has hall-of-fame skills.

thing is, too, gates, dell, lebron are the exceptions, and yet you make the case that they should instead be the rule.

jw

This is about as stupid as it gets. Let the kid finish his school year...is he really going to miss THAT much at the OTA's and minicamp? I mean, is he going to be that big of a participant on the field this year that we need to rush him out of the classroom?

This is about as stupid as it gets. Let the kid finish his school year...is he really going to miss THAT much at the OTA's and minicamp? I mean, is he going to be that big of a participant on the field this year that we need to rush him out of the classroom?

I didn't start the thread. I'm just saying that if the guy gave a crap about his profession he would not be diddling around at school.

Who knows? Maybe he is such a superstar that he doesn't need practice. The Allen Iverson of football?

I didn't start the thread. I'm just saying that if the guy gave a crap about his profession he would not be diddling around at school.

Who knows? Maybe he is such a superstar that he doesn't need practice. The Allen Iverson of football?

"Practice"? "Practice"? "We're talking about practice man". "It's just practice".

Diddling around at school? Ok...The kid has a few weeks left of an entire school year, let him finish. I seriously doubt it will be that much of an impact on him. Like I said he will see the field this year but I doubt it will ba as a starter, and even if it was, I'm sure he'll get in enough time with the team during camp, preseason, etc. I bet he has a playbook and a workout program with him.

"Practice"? "Practice"? "We're talking about practice man". "It's just practice".

Diddling around at school? Ok...The kid has a few weeks left of an entire school year, let him finish. I seriously doubt it will be that much of an impact on him. Like I said he will see the field this year but I doubt it will ba as a starter, and even if it was, I'm sure he'll get in enough time with the team during camp, preseason, etc. I bet he has a playbook and a workout program with him.

At least his laziness has generated a good potential nickname:

Jairus Byrd

The AI of football.

You keep ignoring the fact that he doesn't have a choice, he is not allowed to be here. He would not allowed to be here if he had dropped out on the day of the draft. It's not an NCAA rule, it's an NFL rule. End of story. Shut Up.

You keep ignoring the fact that he doesn't have a choice, he is not allowed to be here. He would not allowed to be here if he had dropped out on the day of the draft. It's not an NCAA rule, it's an NFL rule. End of story. Shut Up.

He doesn't live in a Gulag, he lives in the United States.

And by the way what college still has classes going on when June 11th rolls around? High school yes, but not college. Has anyone from the Bills even checked his story to see if school is still in session or are they just taking his word for it?

Rookie mistake john - you should know better than to indulge crayonz

oh, no. i'm well aware of the reputation crayonz carries on this board and recall reading one truly amusing thread a year or so ago. i couldn't stop laughing (see, i've been monitoring this site for quite some time.)

with that in mind, i had time to kill this morning and felt like indulging myself and sharpening my debating skills. i think i've scored a point or two, though, it's not really much of a test.

jw

And by the way what college still has classes going on when June 11th rolls around? High school yes, but not college. Has anyone from the Bills even checked his story to see if school is still in session or are they just taking his word for it?

dude?

very well played, go for the bills are inept angle and that byrd is merely taking advantage of some arcane rule to snag a little free time. why didn't maybin et al think of that one. perhaps, then, to your point, byrd has made much of his education by figuring out how to work the system.

as you have difficulty with reading and comprehension skills, though, i'd suggest that it's been noted that the reason for the rule is the exam schedule and not classes that are holding things up. ohio state also falls under this category, as does portland state.

and how do you know he doesn't live in a gulag. have you, sir, thoroughly checked that potential lead?

jw

If he was dedicated he would tell the NCAA to stick it since he doesn't need them any more. I hope this does not turn into McCargo level laziness.

relax, the 2nd rd pick is NOT ALLOWED to participate until his former college has graduation or finals week. SO its and NFL RULE that he is not allowed to participate until then. NO BIG DEAL-its just some stupid rule

You know, you've got me thinking. Maybe this is the reason that Byrd is still in school - finishing up some unfinished business?

What's your fascination with me?

You really refuse to think. It has been stated time and time again in this thread that he wouldn't be able to come if he did drop out (i.e. Joe Flacco). I understand you are a little "challenged," but seriously?

P.S. - What a retarded nickname you gave him, I hope to never see that used again.