who HASNT been tasered?

It really doesn't make any sense to me dog. It's okay for a cop to tase a 72 year old woman, so he can avoid the possibility of injury? When is it not okay? How much of a threat is this woman to his safety? The real answer is zero. She had ample opportunity not to get tasered but he had ample opportunity not to do it as well. Since he's the cop and he held the taser, I blame him more. How did cops ever survive senior citizens before the invention of the taser?

They shot them with their service revolver. Duh......

BTW, you ever handle a weapon in a hostile situation? Yeah that's what I thought.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this book: Searching for Evil: and the perfect donut

Part of his career he was training new recruits, and he explains how when subduing a subject, you need to use more force than the subject. In a couple stories he recounts, the recruits only use the same amount of force as the subject, and end up causing the situation to take longer than necessary.

It really doesn't make any sense to me dog. It's okay for a cop to tase a 72 year old woman, so he can avoid the possibility of injury? When is it not okay? How much of a threat is this woman to his safety? The real answer is zero. She had ample opportunity not to get tasered but he had ample opportunity not to do it as well. Since he's the cop and he held the taser, I blame him more. How did cops ever survive senior citizens before the invention of the taser?

So as long as somebody is not a threat to an officer they should be allowed to get back in their car and drive away? Does this apply to all people that are being arrested or do you have to be a certain age. He was trying to arrest her, she was trying to get away. What do you propose he should do?

So as long as somebody is not a threat to an officer they should be allowed to get back in their car and drive away? Does this apply to all people that are being arrested or do you have to be a certain age. He was trying to arrest her, she was trying to get away. What do you propose he should do?

:lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787

Look at it this way, so at what age is it OK to refuse a Police Officers orders and not get tased, 50's, 60's, 70's? or if they just look old lets not tase them, hows that? Now we just added anyone over 25 thats a crack head.

So you honestly expect cops to make there decisions based on a guess of age?

Your argument is starting to sound a little wacky here Push :lol:

Look at it this way, so at what age is it OK to refuse a Police Officers orders and not get tased, 50's, 60's, 70's? or if they just look old lets not tase them, hows that? Now we just added anyone over 25 thats a crack head.

Your argument is starting to sound a little wacky here Push :rolleyes:

Question: Can a guy get 'tazed' for streaking across a football field with the initials 'T.O.' tattooed on his butt? :lol:

Guest dog14787
Question: Can a guy get 'tazed' for streaking across a football field with the initials 'T.O.' tattooed on his butt? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Yes,

but the fella brave enough to complete such a mission with the results ending him up on the ground, resembling a quivering mass of electrified jello in front of thousands of horrified Patriocheat fans just became a legend. :lol:

Your argument is starting to sound a little wacky here Push ;)

Hey... Maybe people are looking at officers the way we as a nation used to view umpires in baseball during the late 19th century... Back then it was actually ENCOURAGED to fling stuff at the umps from the stands... It was an "expression" of our American heritage to fight against tyranny, oppression and authority.

;)

With her pushing around, the real threat is one of them stumbling back into traffic. She's also a threat if she's behind the wheel.

Your argument is starting to sound a little wacky here Push :nana:

I expect cops to make a decision based on the situation. This one was an easy call that the officer missed.

I expect cops to make a decision based on the situation. This one was an easy call that the officer missed.

I think the fact that so many people disagree with you makes that easily NOT the case. Right or wrong, there is obviously a debate going on here, with you in the minority. How that equates to this being an open and shut decision, I don't know.

I think the fact that so many people disagree with you makes that easily NOT the case. Right or wrong, there is obviously a debate going on here, with you in the minority. How that equates to this being an open and shut decision, I don't know.

Just my opinion. I'm not trying to present it as fact. A handful of posters on TSW is hardly enough to prove anything.

Add it up for us champ.

I guess it does come to this. You are saying he was right to taser a 72 year old woman he was literally twice as big as.

I say it wasn't. If he cannot gently subdue a 72 year old woman then he has no business on the force. The obvious best tactic was to let the old lady sign the ticket when she finally agreed to, not take it to the max by the book. "She refused to sign the ticket, granny is going down!"

Guest dog14787
Uh, huh? ITS MY OPINION.

Just watched a report on CNN and the reporter was outraged at how the elderly Lady was handled.

I'm sure your opinion is shared by thousands if not millions of people, if you folks could only come up with a good reason why the elderly should be able to get away with things that others can't you might actually have something. Let me ask you this, how many elderly folks will see this video and say to themselves, well I know I've got a temper and all in my old age, but I don't want that to happen to me.

It sends the proper message to the public that Law Enforcement does not discriminate, young, old, black, white rich or poor, if you don't listen and follow my instructions you get that crap zapped out of you, its that simple.

I've got a great idea here folks, listen to Law Enforcement , geeeesh :nana: