who HASNT been tasered?

Ok, the full video mitigates it somewhat. The smart play would still have been to let her sign the ticket after she says she would. Of course order must be maintained, this should send a message to all those combative 72 year olds.

Still an over-officous jerk. It is still the cop's "playground" and given the stress that some have when being called out by law enforcement, I expect ALL officers as civil servants to rise above any/most fracases. They are there to SERVE in a professional manner and not go into a "heavy mode" off the bat. I know that is a lot to ask, but it is still his/her "playground" out there. And to expect someone to just roll over and say: "Thank you sir, may I have another!" over something this silly (refusal to sign a ticket) is a too much at times. It does take two to tango, and unfortunately I put the burden on the civil servant to be a little better. I know many will disagree, but it is all about selfless service... And that is hard for almost everybody including myself to take in. The key here is to at least try and rise above it all... IMO, I don't see it happening in his tone from the get go and things just escalated. Again, it is still his "playground" and I also fault granny for not rising above his simple stupidity about getting hung up over signing a ticket.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, there must be two different versions of the video circulating. The one I viewed indicates a completely stupid 'elder' who got exactly what she deserved. Kudos to the police officer.

To preempt some anticipated commentary:

(a) if it were my mother (beyond the embarrassment of her lying on TV) I would absolutely tell her to stay away from her grandkids as they do not need that as a model......pathetic.

(b) she LIED on TV and now is nowhere to be seen.....huh.

© if she would have complied this would not have happened.....pretty basic...follow instructions of law enforcement 101.

(d) and to those wondering why did the police officer not use a different 'skill set' to subdue her, I guess there is a pretty basic out there that needs to be addressed by you.....<insert drumroll about here>......Why?

While I do not find it funny that she lay on the ground in pain, I guess she asked for it and deserved it. I am simply not a fan of the thought that you 'respect your elders' unequivocally.......nope, simply just because someone is an older adult / senior citizen does not mean, defacto, they have earned anything. Oh, to support my case, what happened in DC earlier this week and what was his age? or what about the case in Ohio (nazi war criminal) earlier in the month or about the senior citizen crashing a car into a farmer's market killing a few people... the list is growing... older adults are not immune from being criminals, or mean, or needing to be held accountable........cased closed.

Clearly, there must be two different versions of the video circulating. The one I viewed indicates a completely stupid 'elder' who got exactly what she deserved. Kudos to the police officer.

To preempt some anticipated commentary:

(a) if it were my mother (beyond the embarrassment of her lying on TV) I would absolutely tell her to stay away from her grandkids as they do not need that as a model......pathetic.

(b) she LIED on TV and now is nowhere to be seen.....huh.

© if she would have complied this would not have happened.....pretty basic...follow instructions of law enforcement 101.

(d) and to those wondering why did the police officer not use a different 'skill set' to subdue her, I guess there is a pretty basic out there that needs to be addressed by you.....<insert drumroll about here>......Why?

While I do not find it funny that she lay on the ground in pain, I guess she asked for it and deserved it. I am simply not a fan of the thought that you 'respect your elders' unequivocally.......nope, simply just because someone is an older adult / senior citizen does not mean, defacto, they have earned anything. Oh, to support my case, what happened in DC earlier this week and what was his age? or what about the case in Ohio (nazi war criminal) earlier in the month or about the senior citizen crashing a car into a farmer's market killing a few people... the list is growing... older adults are not immune from being criminals, or mean, or needing to be held accountable........cased closed.

my beef isnt that she was elderly. my beef is that more and more, it seems that cops are getting lazier (if possible) and when something isnt going exactly how they want, they pull out the taser. and since it seems to be used with such nonchalance, how soon until they start tasering first and asking questions second?

he could have simply cuffed her and pulled her to the safe side of the road.

believe me, im about as anti-elderly as it gets. put me on an iceberg when im more of a hazard than a help. but to me, this isnt about her being old, its about another citizen being tasered when they shouldn't be.

He tried to cuff her and she pushed away. At least I think I'm seeing a circular metal object in his hand when she pushes him away. At that point, he's looking at the potential of breaking her arm, which would really start the police brutality talk.

He tried to cuff her and she pushed away. At least I think I'm seeing a circular metal object in his hand when she pushes him away. At that point, he's looking at the potential of breaking her arm, which would really start the police brutality talk.

as opposed to tasering, which hasnt sparked any controversy...

as opposed to tasering, which hasnt sparked any controversy...

I think it would be ten times worse if he broken her arm instead. "Hey, look at this guy who likes to beat old ladies".

Guest dog14787
I think it would be ten times worse if he broken her arm instead. "Hey, look at this guy who likes to beat old ladies".

I wonder what a taser does to a pace maker.

YES SIR. NO SIR. THANK YOU SIR. Hey, I didn't get tasered!! Why is that so friggin hard for people to understand?

I agree with the Yes Sir/ No Sir policy and this woman clearly deserved to get arrested. The issue isn't with what she did. These types of people are everywhere, especially if you deal with the public at the law enforcement level. A 72 year old woman who poses no threat to a full size male officer shouldn't be tasered. It is either the case of foolish SOPs or a foolish cop. I'll take the broken arm over the blown up pacemaker every day of the week. Why couldn't she break a hip falling down like a bag of rocks? Weak argument for lazy police work.

I agree with the Yes Sir/ No Sir policy and this woman clearly deserved to get arrested. The issue isn't with what she did. These types of people are everywhere, especially if you deal with the public at the law enforcement level. A 72 year old woman who poses no threat to a full size male officer shouldn't be tasered. It is either the case of foolish SOPs or a foolish cop. I'll take the broken arm over the blown up pacemaker every day of the week. Why couldn't she break a hip falling down like a bag of rocks? Weak argument for lazy police work.

A Freudian psychiatrist could have a ball with this. Maybe he has hidden issues with his mother. Can you imagine the heat from his fellow cops?

my beef isnt that she was elderly. my beef is that more and more, it seems that cops are getting lazier (if possible) and when something isnt going exactly how they want, they pull out the taser. and since it seems to be used with such nonchalance, how soon until they start tasering first and asking questions second?

believe me, im about as anti-elderly as it gets. put me on an iceberg when im more of a hazard than a help. but to me, this isnt about her being old, its about another citizen being tasered when they shouldn't be.

BINGO!

It is either the case of foolish SOPs or a foolish cop. I'll take the broken arm over the blown up pacemaker every day of the week. Why couldn't she break a hip falling down like a bag of rocks? Weak argument for lazy police work.

She didn't want to sign the ticket... What is the big deal? I don't think I ever signed a ticket I got.

Lazier? Pulling out the taser as a first resort? Did you see the entire altercation? All she had to do was sign the ticket, she said he would have to arrest her. He man handled her when she didn't get out of the road, and hence out of danger, fast enough. He tried to cuff her and she resisted arrest. He man handled her when she tried to flee by walking into the traffic. He warned her at least 3 times that he would tase her and she dared him to do it. SHE HAD AMPLE OPPORTUNITY TO AVOID THE TASING. Every time she was given a choice to lower the tension in the situation, she made the wrong choice.

Usually people do not have difficult choices when dealing with the police. The police need to control the situation. If you let them know that you are not challenging their authority, situations usually get resolved with no altercation. That could have happened in this case but she chose otherwise.

I agree with the Yes Sir/ No Sir policy and this woman clearly deserved to get arrested. The issue isn't with what she did.

She was part of the situation. You can not separate what she did from how he reacted. Every time she faced a choice to have an easy outcome or a more difficult one, she chose the more difficult path.

It is either the case of foolish SOPs or a foolish cop. I'll take the broken arm over the blown up pacemaker every day of the week. Why couldn't she break a hip falling down like a bag of rocks? Weak argument for lazy police work.

If he followed SOP, how can you claim it was lazy police work? If she had a pacemaker, maybe she shouldn't ask him and dare him to tase her after he repeatedly warned her.

Guest dog14787

One poster already made the perfect call , equal rights suck.

Its already been pointed out that more injuries can occur in a direct confrontation for the Cop and the person being arrested. This was done by the book, there is no reason for a cop to get injured doing his job, he's not the one that's breaking the law, doesn't that make sense to you?

One poster already made the perfect call , equal rights suck.

Its already been pointed out that more injuries can occur in a direct confrontation for the Cop and the person being arrested. This was done by the book, there is no reason for a cop to get injured doing his job, he's not the one that's breaking the law, doesn't that make sense to you?

It really doesn't make any sense to me dog. It's okay for a cop to tase a 72 year old woman, so he can avoid the possibility of injury? When is it not okay? How much of a threat is this woman to his safety? The real answer is zero. She had ample opportunity not to get tasered but he had ample opportunity not to do it as well. Since he's the cop and he held the taser, I blame him more. How did cops ever survive senior citizens before the invention of the taser?