who HASNT been tasered?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
when in doubt, get ta taserin'

even 72yr olds are dangerous

That's horrible, and because she wouldn't sign a speeding ticket? I thought you had a right to refuse signing a ticket and the officer would just make a note of it. If this was by the book how can you go from giving an old elderly lady a speeding ticket to her getting tasered for not signing it. :rolleyes:

Besides that, she clearly said she would sign it.

I haven't, probably because I comply with police orders.

But yeah, he probably could have handled that situation without a taser.

Like you said, it's obvious he could have done something other than taser her, my guess is a similar story and suit would have been brought against him if he had used the force necessary to get her to comply with his orders and get away from the side of the road!

Hard to say with such a small piece of the tape that only started as he was screaming, but standing along the side of a vehicle on the highway is dangerous, and if he was just trying to get her away from traffic so he could have her sign the ticket, he was within his right (to tell her where to go, not to taser).

And on a personal note, I'm glad to see it. One thing that I can't stand is when people, for whatever reason (sex, race, age, etc...) think they don't have to follow the rules. Just get your ass off the road and shut up already.

Guest dog14787
Like you said, it's obvious he could have done something other than taser her, my guess is a similar story and suit would have been brought against him if he had used the force necessary to get her to comply with his orders and get away from the side of the road!

Hard to say with such a small piece of the tape that only started as he was screaming, but standing along the side of a vehicle on the highway is dangerous, and if he was just trying to get her away from traffic so he could have her sign the ticket, he was within his right (to tell her where to go, not to taser).

And on a personal note, I'm glad to see it. One thing that I can't stand is when people, for whatever reason (sex, race, age, etc...) think they don't have to follow the rules. Just get your ass off the road and shut up already.

Shows how different observations are important, after a second look it does appear the cops were trying to keep her off of a busy road and while taser is a bit over doing it, because of aids and other diseases or dangers cops are probably taught to use their taser rather than a direct confrontation whenever possible.

I too would like to see the whole clip, I hate the way it is parsed up and there is a gap. However, when he shoves her, it is 14:21:26 and after she agrees to sign it, she is not heading for the road. She is stationary. She only starts moving to the side of the road at 14:22:26. If someone did this to my mom (close to the same age), I would likely do something incredibly foolish.

Guest dog14787
I too would like to see the whole clip, I hate the way it is parsed up and there is a gap. However, when he shoves her, it is 14:21:26 and after she agrees to sign it, she is not heading for the road. She is stationary. She only starts moving to the side of the road at 14:22:26. If someone did this to my mom (close to the same age), I would likely do something incredibly foolish.

My first thoughts exactly, but she did keep trying to walk out in the busy road.

Guest dog14787
OMG, beyond ridiculous. This guy could have subdued and handcuffed this women with ease and yet he chose to taser her. This is such a pathetic and cruel attack.

Tasering rather then direct confrontation is used more and more when someone refuses to follow orders, its possible this was by the book.

However, like the previous poster pointed out, this is all being pulled out of context without seeing the whole uncut video.

It doesn't matter if she is headed toward the road, she is standing stationary next to the road, which is still dangeous. It seemed like he was telling her to get on the other side of the vehicle (away from the road). Like you noted, there were times where it seemed she was going to walk right into the road, but that isn't the only time it was dangerous.

It doesn't matter if she is headed toward the road, she is standing stationary next to the road, which is still dangeous. It seemed like he was telling her to get on the other side of the vehicle (away from the road). Like you noted, there were times where it seemed she was going to walk right into the road, but that isn't the only time it was dangerous.

I blame the Taser company for not outlining the issues with the weapon. I fully understand that a cop's job can be dangerous and very trying. However, I (I am 40 and smaller than that cop, but not by much if any) could easily stand in front of a 72 year old woman and not let her get to the road. Yes, even in my feeble state nowadays, I could handle her trying to knee me in the balls or claw my face. If she had a heart condition, she could have died. This does not even begin to cover the two shoves. I mean damn, give her a solid hug and she is going nowhere. A video of him hugging the woman kindly, even if she claims assault, looks way better than her screaming as she writhes on the ground.

I still want the full video, but without a whole hell of a lot of evidence in the cop's favor (and I mean her threatening to cut him to pieces and then going after his family or something similar) he should be fired. A terrible sense of judgment IMO.

Tasering rather then direct confrontation is used more and more when someone refuses to follow orders, its possible this was by the book.

However, like the previous poster pointed out, this is all being pulled out of context without seeing the whole uncut video.

If I'm a cop, I wrap her up and carry her to the otherside of the vehicle. He could have easily cuffed her and completely controlled the situation. I understand it might have been by the book but when does common sense take over? Every profession has SOPs, sometimes you have to think for yourself. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't anyway, might as well act with compassion.

If I'm a cop, I wrap her up and carry her to the otherside of the vehicle. He could have easily cuffed her and completely controlled the situation. I understand it might have been by the book but when does common sense take over? Every profession has SOPs, sometimes you have to think for yourself. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't anyway, might as well act with compassion.

See my post above.

I blame the Taser company for not outlining the issues with the weapon. I fully understand that a cop's job can be dangerous and very trying. However, I (I am 40 and smaller than that cop, but not by much if any) could easily stand in front of a 72 year old woman and not let her get to the road. Yes, even in my feeble state nowadays, I could handle her trying to knee me in the balls or claw my face. If she had a heart condition, she could have died. This does not even begin to cover the two shoves. I mean damn, give her a solid hug and she is going nowhere.

I still want the full video, but without a whole hell of a lot of evidence in the cops favor (and I mean her threatening him to cut him to pieces and then going after his family or something similar) he should be fired. A terrible sense of judgment IMO.

But you honestly don't think that if he man-handled her off the side of the road and forced her to stay there it wouldn't be a big deal? You'd still be bitching that he used too much force. The women was endangering HIS life by not following orders. What gives her that right? The fact that she's pissed she got pulled over for breaking the law? Screw her!

And again, I don't think using the taser was the correct action to take here. But since she wasn't listening to him, and pushing her apparently wasn't working, wrestling her away from the road and forcing her to stay there was, and I'm absolutely sure if he had done that he would be in the same amount of trouble because he "roughed up a little old lady."

But you honestly don't think that if he man-handled her off the side of the road and forced her to stay there it wouldn't be a big deal? You'd still be bitching that he used too much force. The women was endangering HIS life by not following orders. What gives her that right? The fact that she's pissed she got pulled over for breaking the law? Screw her!

And again, I don't think using the taser was the correct action to take here. But since she wasn't listening to him, and pushing her apparently wasn't working, wrestling her away from the road and forcing her to stay there was, and I'm absolutely sure if he had done that he would be in the same amount of trouble because he "roughed up a little old lady."

If you can't subdue that women without hurting her or roughing her up, please turn your badge in.