Who Out Of The 2009 Draft Will Be The Biggest Busts?

First Round Projected Busts 1-16  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the first 16 picks will be busts for their careers?

• Lions Matthew Stafford QB
    • Rams Jason Smith OT
    • Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE
    • Seahawks Aaron Curry OLB
    • Jets Mark Sanchez QB
    • Bengals Andre Smith OT
    • Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
    • Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT
    • Packers B.J. Raji DT
    • 49ers Michael Crabtree WR
    • Bills Aaron Maybin DE
    • Broncos Knowshon Moreno RB
    • Redskins Brian Orakpo DE
    • Saints Malcolm Jenkins CB
    • Texans Brian Cushing OLB
    • Chargers Larry English DE
  2. 2. First Round Projected Busts 17-32

• 17 Buccaneers Josh Freeman QB
    • 18 Broncos Robert Ayers LB
    • 19 Eagles Jeremy Maclin WR
    • 20 Lions Brandon Pettigrew TE
    • 21 Browns Alex Mack C
    • 22 Vikings Percy Harvin WR
    • 23 Ravens Michael Oher OT
    • 24 Falcons Peria Jerry DT
    • 25 Dolphins Vontae Davis CB
    • 26 Packers Clay Matthews OLB
    • 27 Colts Donald Brown RB
    • 28 Bills Eric Wood C
    • 29 Giants Hakeem Nicks WR
    • 30 Titans Kenny Britt WR
    • 31 Cardinals Chris Wells RB
    • 32 Steelers Evander Hood DT

As a Georgia Bulldogs fan down here in Atlanta, I really feel Stafford has bust written all over him. He was extremely inconsistent in his decision making and his year to year improvement was not what you'd expect from someone as drenched in kool-aid as he was/is.

I think most Bulldog fans were borderline disappointed with Stafford's college career and it has to mean something for a 1st overall pick's college fans to be a little surprised at the love he is getting. At his best he's amazing, however he only plays at his best a very small percentage of the time.

Knowshon Moreno RB

Ohh...I disagree there. I think Moreno could be very good.

I also don't see Heyward as a bust. I understand everyone voted for him because the Raiders took him 20+ picks too early, but I think he'll be a solid player. Of course I'm not one of those people who labels any top 10 pick a 'bust' if he's not a HOFer.

Josh Freeman? Absolute bust. Horrible decision by the Bucs.

I went with Larry English and Robert Ayers. English is going to be slapped around by NFL OT's and he also will not be able to hold up in coverage. I hope he isn't their contingency plan for letting Merriman walk. I picked Ayers because he was picked by a team that is now going to run a 3-4. He's SURELY NOT a LB, he's not a 3-4 DE, and he's not going to make it as a DT. If he would've been drafted by a team that runs a 4-3 he would've had a better chance to atleast be a solid contributor at the LDE spot, but he's not a 3-4 type of player. He'll be looking for a new team when his rookie contract expires or sooner and Mayock will be wondering what kind of drugs he was on praising the guy like he was the next Reggie White.

Top 5: Dirty Sanchez

6-10: Darius Heward-Bey (as a mid-late 1st he wouldn't have busted. As #7 overall, not worth it)

11-15: Aaron Maybin :rolleyes: (as both a Bills and PSU fan it pains me to say that

16-20: Josh Freeman

21-26: Percy Harvin

27-32: Beanie Wells

Back, BACK foul Demon!!

Heyward-Bey would have a much better chance with any team except the Faders. That's why Crabtree got giddy when he found out the Faders passed on him.

My thoughts were somewhat similar to yours. My first choice for 1-16 was Heyward-Bey, for the reasons you mentioned. My second was Sanchez; whom I have a bad feeling about.

For 17 - 32, I voted for Robert Ayers. The low sack total didn't impress me. Neither did his highlight reel. I mean, those are supposed to be the guy's best plays over his college career. I didn't see enough there to warrant first round status.

Since he was taken by the Jests it's really a good feeling! :lol:

The Jests would have been much better off saving the draft picks they spent on Sanchez and giving Clemens a year to prove himself. If he effed up they would have a much deeper pool of QB's to choose from in 2010. I also think he'll bust and I shall laugh heartily!

:rolleyes: