Bomb in Pakistan

Obama made a very nice speech in Egypt the other day. He decided to apply pressure to Al Quaeda with nice words. They have now bombed a future US Consulate site in Pakistan. That was not a very nice thing to do although if there was construction needed to convert it from a hotel, AQ may have saved us some money.

I am not very political but I have to say a Los Gatos attitude has no place in foreign policy or NFL QBing.

Do you guys think Obama move away from the Los Gatos approach soon or will it take a while? I think he is smart, but I'm not sure how smart. The sooner the better. I wish I could say the same for Brandon/Jauron.

Go ahead, blame Obama if it makes you feel better,

Have you not read that the people themselves are fighting the taliban?

Just cirious... Who do you give that credit to? Peace loving Muslims?

And another one falls into crayonz ambush

And another one falls into crayonz ambush

say what? Sorry, I get caught up in the "Blame Obama" for everything comments after 120 odd days.

Simple question (sort of) What or who do we credit the people Pakistan standing up for themselves?

Or this from Iran

In the biggest protest ever since the Islamic revolution 30 years ago, hundreds of thousands of people showed up to support Mir Hossein Mousavi, the pro-reform candidate. This is just two days before the election day.

The protestered walked towards the "Azadi" (Freedom) monument which has been a symbol of Tehran for a long time. While one would see supporters of Ahmadi-nejad here and there (the last two photos), the whole scene was dominated by color green, which represents the "green movement" of reform - a symbolic gesture of Mousavi's supporters.

say what? Sorry, I get caught up in the "Blame Obama" for everything comments after 120 odd days.

Simple question (sort of) What or who do we credit the people Pakistan standing up for themselves?

Or this from Iran

In the biggest protest ever since the Islamic revolution 30 years ago, hundreds of thousands of people showed up to support Mir Hossein Mousavi, the pro-reform candidate. This is just two days before the election day.

The protestered walked towards the "Azadi" (Freedom) monument which has been a symbol of Tehran for a long time. While one would see supporters of Ahmadi-nejad here and there (the last two photos), the whole scene was dominated by color green, which represents the "green movement" of reform - a symbolic gesture of Mousavi's supporters.

:rolleyes:

Yes, and clean elections are held all the time in Chicago.

I'll admit that the election result looks more than a little dodgy but my original statement still stands. There's more of a debate in Iran than there is Saudi Arabia or Kuwait for example.

Los Gatos foreign policy update:

NKorea says it will 'weaponize' its plutonium...

China Warns Against Use of Force in Carrying Out Sanctions...

NKOREA WARNS OF NUCLEAR WAR

Los Gatos response:

State Dept.: Stop 'provocative' actions...

I'm sure that will help. Word like "Stop provocative actions" are friendly enough to make sure they know we mean them no harm. I'm pretty sure they will be nice now.

Obama Has ‘Deep Concerns’ But Doesn’t Want to Be Seen ‘Meddling’ in Iranian Elections

New YouTube Video Shows Iranian Gunman Firing on Crowd With AK-47

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says he believes supreme leader Ayatollah ali Khamenei has deep concerns about the civil unrest that has followed the hotly contested presidential election there.

Obama repeated Tuesday at a news conference his "deep concerns" about the disputed balloting. He said he believes the ayatollah's decision to order an investigation "indicates he understands the Iranian people have deep concerns."

But at the same time, Obama said it would not be helpful if the United States was seen by the world as "meddling" in the issue.

The president did say, however, that he worries "when I see violence directed at peaceful protesters, when I see peaceful protest being suppressed."

Congrats to the Prez for setting the "deep concerns" record for a 90 second discussion.

I'm sure the consistent Los Gatos type words will resonate with the Iranian leadership.