I just got a letter about potential compromise of personal data....

apparently someone hacked into the Virginia Dept of Health Professionals, has something to do with perscription monitoring program....what happens if i put a fraud alert on my credit reports? does that interfere with anything i need to worry about? just want to make sure before I make the call

apparently someone hacked into the Virginia Dept of Health Professionals, has something to do with perscription monitoring program....what happens if i put a fraud alert on my credit reports? does that interfere with anything i need to worry about? just want to make sure before I make the call

Fraud alert will not be an issue - if you elect to freeze your reports (not likely) - it may be a headache for you as they must be released (unfrozen) when and if you need to or want to apply for credit. Chances are this will be a non-event for you.

i see we have outsourced equifax also....

Fraud alert will not be an issue - if you elect to freeze your reports (not likely) - it may be a headache for you as they must be released (unfrozen) when and if you need to or want to apply for credit. Chances are this will be a non-event for you.

I got the same letter Pooj but it was addressed to the parents of my 17 yo son which means it was his personal data but since I'm retired military it's really my data. Don't worry I know what I'm talking about here. :D

Happened to my company as well. If you put an alert in on your credit, you should have no problems. Just don't forget to tell the salesman about it when you apply for credit to buy furnature (like I did)...

Lifelock.com. Know it. Live it. Use it.

You can do almost everthing they do for free on your own. I looked into it about a year ago, and it gave me some good ideas to do myself. Along with my credit monitoring, I get all the same stuff for quite a bit less money.