Edwards eager to prove self

That "posted by" is so misleading. I was reading the thing thinking, "I haven't been in Buffalo in a while, but is Wawrow not working this beat anymore?" Then I realized it is Wawrow's story and the person who posted it on the Web has a wannabe byline.

That "posted by" is so misleading. I was reading the thing thinking, "I haven't been in Buffalo in a while, but is Wawrow not working this beat anymore?" Then I realized it is Wawrow's story and the person who posted it on the Web has a wannabe byline.

I was just about to rip the hell out of that myself. If you're going to put ANYTHING there, it should be a byline.

Add: in fact, here's an alternate link with the correct byline.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...?storyID=808191

Good to hear Walkers quote about Trent's smarts and picking things up fast - this bodes well for all the no-huddle talk and PFW's blurb yesterday:

— After failing to institute many new features in 2008, Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert is making a concerted effort to broaden the offensive system during OTAs. He’s incorporating more audibles and is entrusting Trent Edwards with more responsibilities and options as the quarterback comes to the line.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...9/afc060709.htm

i'm still here. i kid benigni about that "posted by ..." stuff all the time: `i spend 2 hours writing something up and it takes you 30 seconds to post it.'

it's no biggie, and it's an AP member or subscriber's right to do so. but always glad to be recognized. ... though this might explain how erynthered missed me ... :lol:

Please dont take this wrong, and I'm not being sarcastic. I've never heard of you. I did google you, though. Read a few things. Hell you may have found a fan, not sure yet. I'll let you know. I hope you understand. :lol:

etr

jw

i'm still here. i kid benigni about that "posted by ..." stuff all the time: `i spend 2 hours writing something up and it takes you 30 seconds to post it.'

it's no biggie, and it's an AP member or subscriber's right to do so. but always glad to be recognized. ... though this might explain how erynthered missed me ... :lol:

jw

Uh-oh. You mean I shouldn't have fired off that angry e-mail to WKBW? :lol:

Actually, I did send them one. I realize they're entitled to pull your name off it, but I think the way they're presenting that story could lead people to believe that the guy who posted it actually wrote it. Received a quick response from PD John Di Sciullo, saying that in future, they'll leave the AP writer's name in place when they post something. So, a tip of the hat to him.

Actually, I did send them one. I realize they're entitled to pull your name off it, but I think the way they're presenting that story could lead people to believe that the guy who posted it actually wrote it. Received a quick response from PD John Di Sciullo, saying that in future, they'll leave the AP writer's name in place when they post something. So, a tip of the hat to him.

wow, the power of this board never ceases to impress nor amaze me. thanks, Lori.

and thanks John Di Sciullo, though, let me stress i had nothing to do with it. i suddenly have supporters.

jw

Wow, nice work. Credit where credit is due -- all around!

Di Sciullo's always been quick to respond when I asked a question about their Bills programming (whenever I get ready to update the radio/TV thread, for example). And I didn't rant; merely pointed out that "in my opinion, it's bad form to put a 'posted by' cite at the top of a story in place of a byline for the guy who actually wrote the piece. It would be simple to look at the top of the story at that link and mistakenly believe that Joe Maxfield, not John Wawrow, was the author."

Again, I appreciate his reaction. (However, I cannot confirm whether or not he typed his reply while rolling his eyes and mumbling about that nutty <bleep> at the Bills message board ... :lol:)

Troublemaker.

Good for you. Authors should get credit for their work.

Di Sciullo's always been quick to respond when I asked a question about their Bills programming (whenever I get ready to update the radio/TV thread, for example). And I didn't rant; merely pointed out that "in my opinion, it's bad form to put a 'posted by' cite at the top of a story in place of a byline for the guy who actually wrote the piece. It would be simple to look at the top of the story at that link and mistakenly believe that Joe Maxfield, not John Wawrow, was the author."

Again, I appreciate his reaction. (However, I cannot confirm whether or not he typed his reply while rolling his eyes and mumbling about that nutty <bleep> at the Bills message board ... :lol:)

Possible new handle. Lori?? :lol:

I share KRC's belief about credit due, and you're a champion to that cause, <bleep>!