favorite Bond movie?

James Bond also failed, if you count Lazenby's turn.

Failure? That film grossed ten times what it cost to make. And I'd easily put it in the top 10 of Bond movies.

It was Lazenby that choose not to continue the role, not the studio.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Failure? That film grossed ten times what it cost to make. And I'd easily put it in the top 10 of Bond movies.

IIRC, when I read a book about the making of the Bond films they said that Cubby Brocoli wasn't real happy with Lazenby because he refused to shave his beard for the promo tour and he had other problems with him and didn't ask him to return as Bond.

I wasn't talking about box office failure. You should know by now that I have little use for popularity when making my assessments.

Lazenby was a crappy Bond, but not as bad as Dalton.

I wasn't talking about box office failure. You should know by now that I have little use for popularity when making my assessments.

Lazenby was a crappy Bond, but not as bad as Dalton.

I can appreciate personal taste, but that doesn't equal failure. I thought he was fine (at least as good as any who came after him until Craig) and OHMSS was a very entertaining film.