Elder statesman returning? Favre had surgery to his shoulder

Think he's coming back ???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4239344

Brett Favre's determination to play quarterback this season for the Minnesota Vikings prompted him to undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair his injured passing shoulder recently, according to two sources. However, Favre remains unable to make a commitment because subsequent throwing sessions indicate the shoulder is not yet 100 percent.

Favre

While Favre has now clearly demonstrated his interest in coming out of retirement for a 19th season in the NFL, it seems equally obvious that he will not do so unless convinced he has recovered fully from the torn biceps tendon that undermined him last year with the New York Jets.

Favre began considering options to repair the shoulder last month when he sought advice from acclaimed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Favre and Andrews discussed surgical and non-surgical options. When cortisone injections and exercise therapies that included weight lifting failed to release the damaged tendon naturally, Favre consented to the arthroscopic surgery

Yes, he's a complete tool with an ego problem, but for some reason, I like the NFL more with Brett Favre than without. That being said, I don't think he's coming back.

If this guy can make more noise, he'll be there. I can't wait for him to start crying and saying that he is retiring. It's a groundhogs day scenario in real life.

The surgery makes me feel like he is coming back to teach the packers a lesson, what a tool.

If Favre comes back it will be because he LOVES the Game...............Not to teach the Packers a lesson. Now teaching Ted Thompson the Packers GM a lesson will be Iceing on the Cake. Thompson is a TOOL not Favre.

If Favre comes back it will be because he LOVES the Game...............Not to teach the Packers a lesson. Now teaching Ted Thompson the Packers GM a lesson will be Iceing on the Cake. Thompson is a TOOL not Favre.

It's not that simple. I love watching Favre play and think he should play as long as he wants as long as some team wants him. He is stil better than 75% of the QBs in the NFL. So if he wants to come back, more power to him.

But I really don't get how you can say Thompson or the Packers are wrong in any sense with their dealings with Favre. Favre constantly was indecisive with playing for the last few years there. It puts a lot of pressure on the GM in making decisions with free agency and the draft. It also was playing games with Aaron Rodgers' head. IMO, Thompson was going to come across as teh bad guy and it's totally wrong. Favre could have treated the Packers with much mroe respect then that.

It's not that simple. I love watching Favre play and think he should play as long as he wants as long as some team wants him. He is stil better than 75% of the QBs in the NFL. So if he wants to come back, more power to him.

But I really don't get how you can say Thompson or the Packers are wrong in any sense with their dealings with Favre. Favre constantly was indecisive with playing for the last few years there. It puts a lot of pressure on the GM in making decisions with free agency and the draft. It also was playing games with Aaron Rodgers' head. IMO, Thompson was going to come across as teh bad guy and it's totally wrong. Favre could have treated the Packers with much mroe respect then that.

Thompson was playing games with Favre. He could have made just a couple moves here & there the last few years Brett was there & it would have made a BIG difference to the team. Brett PUBLICLY pleaded with him to do so, but Ted REFUSED. They were CLOSE to being good enough to get back to the Super Bowl............................but Ted REFUSED to do ANYTHING to make it happen. That is what FRUSTRATED Favre into his indicision year after year about coming back, then to tell him he will just be a BACK UP, without the CHANCE to EARN the Starters job. You don't do that to a HOF QB that still has ABILITY to play & LOVE of the Game. Thompson is a TOOL. I would LOVE to see Brett come back & win the Super Bowl with the Vikings.

Thompson was playing games with Favre. He could have made just a couple moves here & there the last few years Brett was there & it would have made a BIG difference to the team. Brett PUBLICLY pleaded with him to do so, but Ted REFUSED. They were CLOSE to being good enough to get back to the Super Bowl............................but Ted REFUSED to do ANYTHING to make it happen that is what FRUSTRATED Favre into his indicision year after year about coming back, then to just tell him he will just be a BACK UP without the CHANCE to EARN the Starters job. You don't do that to a HOF QB that still has ABILITY to play & LOVE of the Game. Thompson is a TOOL.

You realize they probably would have gone to the Super Bowl if Favre didn't make one of his trademark terrible throw up for grabs passes right? Again, I love Favre but is as much at fault for the mess as Thompson, if not more.

You realize they probably would have gone to the Super Bowl if Favre didn't make one of his trademark terrible throw up for grabs passes right? Again, I love Favre but is as much at fault for the mess as Thompson, if not more.

If Brett had more weapons, as he PLEADED with Thompson to get him, he would not have had to throw that pass.

I watched that NFC Championship Game. Except for one pass -- a 90 yard TD to Donald Driver -- Favre had a subpar game. The weather didn't help. Eli Manning outplayed him, and the Giants would have beat the Packers in regulation had their kicker not missed a rather easy FG.

And then Favre threw that interception. Last pass he threw in Green Bay.

The Packers have a better and much younger QB in Aaron Rodgers. If you don't believe me, check the stats.

Favre wants to come back to beat the Packers twice and embarass the crap out of Ted Thompson. I think that's what it boils down to. And I believe it will backfire on Favre.

No less a football authority than Lavell Edwards stated that vengeance is highly overrated as a motivational tool and does nothing more than cloud your judgment.

I watched that NFC Championship Game. Except for one pass -- a 90 yard TD to Donald Driver -- Favre had a subpar game. The weather didn't help. Eli Manning outplayed him, and the Giants would have beat the Packers in regulation had their kicker not missed a rather easy FG.

And then Favre threw that interception. Last pass he threw in Green Bay.

The Packers have a better and much younger QB in Aaron Rodgers. If you don't believe me, check the stats.

Favre wants to come back to beat the Packers twice and embarass the crap out of Ted Thompson. I think that's what it boils down to. And I believe it will backfire on Favre.

No less a football authority than Lavell Edwards stated that vengeance is highly overrated as a motivational tool and does nothing more than cloud your judgment.

The Vikings have a very strong team. If Brett joins them I believe the Minn. front office & Brett both believe he has enough left to take them all the way. It should make the Season EXCITING if he does come back & I disagree about revenge. Revenge can be SWEET.