Interesting comment on the O line

Heitz

Ross had Brad Butler on Sirius NFL Radio, unfortunately I didn't hear it, but he posted this on Twitter:

"Brad Butler got a call from Bills after draft telling him he was moving to OT because they weren't able to draft some guys they wanted to."

So drafting an OT *was* part of the original plan. Of course they probably wanted Smith or Smith who they had no shot at anyway. Still, interesting...

Ross had Brad Butler on Sirius NFL Radio, unfortunately I didn't hear it, but he posted this on Twitter:

"Brad Butler got a call from Bills after draft telling him he was moving to OT because they weren't able to draft some guys they wanted to."

So drafting an OT *was* part of the original plan. Of course they probably wanted Smith or Smith who they had no shot at anyway. Still, interesting...

Hmmmmm...one has to wonder what they might have given up to move and acquire the tackle the wanted.

The only OT's they couldn't draft went in the top 10.

The only thing I can think of is that they wanted Britton at 43.

It'll be interesting to see whether Butler can make the change from RG to RT.

Recall that Buffalo didn't really change their draft board upon dealing Peters. That to me is laziness, and an indication they assumed that players could convert when there is no concrete evidence they can. They just had too many holes to fill and not enough picks to do it in. For a team in year four of rebuild mode, that's unacceptable.

It's a stretch to say Butler is a slam dunk to make the transition, Chambers can play RT all year, or that Bell is ready. This is a big gamble.

Hmmmmm...one has to wonder what they might have given up to move and acquire the tackle the wanted.

'

a rebuilding team can't afford to give up draft picks and good talent. yes we are rebuilding and yes we are not in a position to trade up in round 1 to the degree that was required for smith. we did fine in our draft. get some OTs next year.

thats total BS because they could have drafted oher @ #28 instead of wood.

the truth is that the day they traded peters butler got the call and they told him he was being moved to RT and butler said as much. he told the bills he would be the punter if that would help the team.

i did hear part of the interview this afternoon with butler. he talked a lot about the new attitude of the offensive line. saying they are going to be a more stout line with guys that are nasty and who are finishers.

he made a comment on how woods and livitire are guys who fight right thru to the whistle and thats what they are trying to be known for.

he seemed to really like the attitude of wood and livitire a lot. he also said walker played very well last year for JP early on and for a man his size has very quick feet and would have no problem playing LT.

the truth is that the day they traded peters butler got the call and they told him he was being moved to RT and butler said as much. he told the bills he would be the punter if that would help the team.

i did hear part of the interview this afternoon with butler. he talked a lot about the new attitude of the offensive line. saying they are going to be a more stout line with guys that are nasty and who are finishers.

he made a comment on how woods and livitire are guys who fight right thru to the whistle and thats what they are trying to be known for.

he seemed to really like the attitude of wood and livitire a lot. he also said walker played very well last year for JP early on and for a man his size has very quick feet and would have no problem playing LT.

idiot

Perhaps they were working a deal to move into the top ten so they could nab one of the Smiths or Monroe. I'm thinking they're the only day-one tackles they were remotely interested in, given the players already on the Bills' roster.

Oher went at #23. But if they really wanted him, or an OT, they could have taken him at 11th overall.

You realize, I hope, that teams like certain players depending on the grades their scouts give them? And just because they may have been looking to draft an OT, they may have not liked Oher at all for some reason? Perhaps a similar reason why a bunch of other teams let him fall?

idiot

Was this a self proclamation or just the wittiest comment you could come up with? :thumbsup:

Why not just say HA your dumb because you don't post on the boards much... :thumbsup:

Some of the crap like this that is on these boards makes me happy I didn't participate. Only post when there is something worth posting.

Yeah, I've been saying that since the draft. Still, it's interesting to hear confirmation. I think they were hoping they could get Andre because of his weird behavior, hoping it might drop him to #11.

The only OT's they couldn't draft went in the top 10.

The only thing I can think of is that they wanted Britton at 43.

Nobody was sure they would go in the top 10. Andre Smith. Once he was gone, I think the Bills mentally put the big man at LT and put Butler in his place.