Back up qb options

Am wondering why we took Fitzpatrick. I would have rather traded for Tyler Thigpen of KC. Once Cassell was traded to KC, the chances of him sniffing the field are slim and none. Thigpen is not bad, certainly better than Fitzpatrick.

Guest dog14787
Am wondering why we took Fitzpatrick. I would have rather traded for Tyler Thigpen of KC. Once Cassell was traded to KC, the chances of him sniffing the field are slim and none. Thigpen is not bad, certainly better than Fitzpatrick.

Fourth-year pro saw by far his most game action, starting 12 games as replacement for injured Carson Palmer ... Led club to 4-3-1 record in season’s second half, including 3-1-1 at home ... Led five TD drives of more than 80 yards over the final eight games ... Season passer rating of 70.0, completing 221 of 372 (59.4 percent) for 1905 yards, with eight TDs and nine INTs ... Was team’s second-leading rusher, with 304 yards on 60 carries (5.1) ... Tied for team lead in rushing TDs (two).

After a tough stretch playing some of the best teams in the league, Fitzpatrick ended the season with three straight wins.

To answer your question we took Fitzpatrick because he can step in and win ball games for us.

Certainly? Maybe more upside, but I don't know if I'd use "certainly." I'm actually content with our backup situation. Not sure if I should be, but I am.

KC adjusted their offense to thigpen's strengths, thigpen in buffalo's system would be just as lost as JP losman

I think Fitzpatrick is going to su--

OOOoooOOOOOoooOOOOooo

Ungh, I think he' going to s--

OOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOOoo

Must...cheer.. for Fitz...

OOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo

Uh, hurts! Nosebleed... Love him. Gotta love him.

OOOOoooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooOOOOoo

I love Fitzpatrick! Go Bills! We should make him..make him the starter. Ungh.

Be careful what you say about Fitzpatrick on these boards, there are a select few who think he is a reincarnation of Johnny Unitas and will jump all over your sh*t for saying anything negative about him. I too think we could have done much better than him.

Guest dog14787
Be careful what you say about Fitzpatrick on these boards, there are a select few who think he is a reincarnation of Johnny Unitas and will jump all over your sh*t for saying anything negative about him. I too think we could have done much better than him.

Trent Edwards is our starting QB and we're not looking for a QB controversy or for a QB that will be completely unhappy being a backup. Although Fitzpatrick has tasted what its like to be a starter and I'm sure he wants to be a starter, he will accept the backup role with the proper mentality I think you want your backup to have.

In my opinion the Bills made a great choice with Fitzpatrick.

From what little I've seen of Fitzpatrick, he reminds me of an Alex Van Pelt type, but a bit more athletic. Meaning a resourceful, savvy player with a high IQ for the game but who doesn't have elite skills. I have no problem having Fitz compete with Hamdan for a year. The team can reevaluate after 2010.

We can just throw in one of the DBs. I also heard some #1 draft pick by the name of,ooooOOOOoooOOOOOOooooOOOOoooo, Losman is still available.

I'm thinking Losman would sign here if the deal was right, maybe 5 year $58 million?