Nice Touch (Church Hands Out $50G To Parishioners)

A church up the road from us just did the same thing - gave everyone $100. They're trying to raise FOUR MILLION DOLLARS for a new sanctuary - you should see the CURRENT one! It's one of those freakin mega-churches and from what I can see they don't need a thing. Add an additional service if the current one is crowded.

Ridiculous.

Will they get the money back? Probably - but unless the parishoners use it to buy Lotto tickets and actually win, I don't see $4m coming back.

A church up the road from us just did the same thing - gave everyone $100. They're trying to raise FOUR MILLION DOLLARS for a new sanctuary - you should see the CURRENT one! It's one of those freakin mega-churches and from what I can see they don't need a thing. Add an additional service if the current one is crowded.

Ridiculous.

Will they get the money back? Probably - but unless the parishoners use it to buy Lotto tickets and actually win, I don't see $4m coming back.

I swear you have some of the most myopic, ridiculous thinking on this board. I love how easy it is for you to decide who has enough of <fill in the blank>.

I used to think that liberals were anti-business because they didn't like what the private sector having control of anything, but you are increasingly proving that the reason liberals are anti-business is because they have absolutely, positively NO idea on how to run one on taheir own.

Add a service. Jesus.

I swear you have some of the most myopic, ridiculous thinking on this board. I love how easy it is for you to decide who has enough of <fill in the blank>.

I used to think that liberals were anti-business because they didn't like what the private sector having control of anything, but you are increasingly proving that the reason liberals are anti-business is because they have absolutely, positively NO idea on how to run one on taheir own.

Add a service. Jesus.

Jesus preached outside ... in the fields, the streets, etc. I have been to this church and it seats thousands, has a great sound-system for its BAND, a stage a nightclub would envy, day-care facilities, coffee bar etc etc etc. Jesus would probably drive them all out.

Only a horse's ass like you would believe those sorts of accoutrements are needed to worship...and a bigger horse's ass than you would think those are insufficient.

We're not talking "minister" here...they're not adding beds for the homeless, or a soup kitchen, or anything like that. They want bigger facilities. So if their facility is very nice and the problem is that they think it's too crowded, work an extra hour a week and add a service.

Jesus preached outside ... in the fields, the streets, etc. I have been to this church and it seats thousands, has a great sound-system for its BAND, a stage a nightclub would envy, day-care facilities, coffee bar etc etc etc. Jesus would probably drive them all out.

Only a horse's ass like you would believe those sorts of accoutrements are needed to worship...and a bigger horse's ass than you would think those are insufficient.

We're not talking "minister" here...they're not adding beds for the homeless, or a soup kitchen, or anything like that. They want bigger facilities. So if their facility is very nice and the problem is that they think it's too crowded, work an extra hour a week and add a service.

You sound just like the idiots here on Long Island who get on the vounteer firemen. How becuase they get free beer and a big TV in the rec room, they are "spoiled" and "dont need to do fundraising."

Gold Creek HAD the funds, but the bank pulled out due to the economy. So now they are doing this.

BTW...they already have FOUR services on Sunday.

Anybody else want to punch holes in her nonsense, feel free:

Google: Gold Creek Community Church

You sound just like the idiots here on Long Island who get on the vounteer firemen. How becuase they get free beer and a big TV in the rec room, they are "spoiled" and "dont need to do fundraising."

Gold Creek HAD the funds, but the bank pulled out due to the economy. So now they are doing this.

BTW...they already have FOUR services on Sunday.

Anybody else want to punch holes in her nonsense, feel free:

Google: Gold Creek Community Church

And you sound just like the idiot you are.

As a former volunteer firefighter, I heard that all the time. Don't presume to tell me how it works, because I know firsthand.

I am not talking about GOLD CREEK COMMUNITY CHURCH. My post was SPECIFICALLY about a church up in my neck of the woods.

I realize that you have trouble with this but one size does NOT fit all. I don't know about GCCC. Never been. I HAVE been to the one up street a bit and it's a different situation.

Oh, you're right, I forgot. Jesus chose not to use 2000 lumen projectors on 20' foot projection screens, character generators, Crown amps, wireless mics and a 12-piece youth band to sing praises to God because it just wasn't how he wanted to spread the word. Plus, it was easier for him to reach the people who were physically unable to attend because all he had to do was touch them and BADABING, they could suddenly see, and hear, and talk, and walk. Who needs a handicap ramp, closed captioning, specialized audio, etc. when Jesus is running the show? A rock and a megaphone in the pouring rain were good enough for Jesus, so they should be good enough for the rest of us.

The goal of most churches is to spread the word of God to as many people as they can because, like Jesus, they hope to increase their following. What you fail to understand is the concept of "elimination of objections." No surprise that's lost on you because that's actually a concept amongst productive people to help them reach their goals. The fewer excuses people have to attend services, the more people will attend. For example, the day care facilities are my wife's church are second-to-none, not to mention free. So she can worship when she wants without having the objection of "Oh, well, I can't get a babysitter today."

I've listened to the band at her church, and it's awesome, playing incredible contemporary, uplifting music in praise of God, and reaching children of all ages in a way that reading from a podium doesn't. Not to mention their summer youth camps, where the kids help build houses for the less fortunate, among other things.

I understand that you seem to hate everything that is considered a thriving enterprise, but you really need to lighten up on the distaste you have for things you simply and obviously can not/refuse to understand.

As a former volunteer firefighter, I heard that all the time. Don't presume to tell me how it works, because I know firsthand.

I am not talking about GOLD CREEK COMMUNITY CHURCH. My post was SPECIFICALLY about a church up in my neck of the woods.

I realize that you have trouble with this but one size does NOT fit all. I don't know about GCCC. Never been. I HAVE been to the one up street a bit and it's a different situation.

Just reading your signature tells me that you are a complete dumbazz and discredits anything further you have to say.

Just reading your signature tells me that you are a complete dumbazz and discredits anything further you have to say.

Thank you - given the high esteem with with YOU are held around here, driven by your erudite, well-researched and impeccably phrased comments - anyone who disagrees with me is herein associated with you in what could only be called "The Ultimate Loserhood".

Oh shoot I forgot: wingnuts, what appears to be highly complimentary is in fact SARCASM. Look it up.

Thank you - given the high esteem with with YOU are held around here, driven by your erudite, well-researched and impeccably phrased comments - anyone who disagrees with me is herein associated with you in what could only be called "The Ultimate Loserhood".

Oh shoot I forgot: wingnuts, what appears to be highly complimentary is in fact SARCASM. Look it up.

Maybe saying wingnut for the 10,567 time will give you the credibility you so richly deserve.

If youre a former vollie, it makes your original statement even more assinine. Because you KNOW how non-profits that serve the community operate. You know how they spend their money, raise funds, "compensate" their members that volunteer, not through a paycheck but through other means.

Yet you STILL wrote that judgemental post. That was very ignorant of you.

And if its not Gold Creek, then which one? All I did was google "Church $4 Million Seattle" and got a church in a Seattle suburb thats trying to raise $4 Million for a new facility. Isnt this what you described?

That poster has a severe case of BDS. In fact, I bet (s)he was out protesting with Cindy Sheehan, trolling for attention, the other day.

They have medication for these kinds of things, but as you can see, Blzrul is off the reservation.

I've listened to the band at her church, and it's awesome, playing incredible contemporary, uplifting music in praise of God, and reaching children of all ages in a way that reading from a podium doesn't.

I promised myself I would never use one of those gay LOL emoticons but reading this almost made me break my no emoticon edict-almost. You really live some exciting life there don't ya- Teabaggings, Sundays wasted clapping, bobbing your head and tapping your toes to "incredible contemporary, uplifting music in praise of God", and last but not least message boards! You're livin' the dream!

I promised myself I would never use one of those gay LOL emoticons but reading this almost made me break my no emoticon edict-almost. You really live some exciting life there don't ya- Teabaggings, Sundays wasted clapping, bobbing your head and tapping your toes to "incredible contemporary, uplifting music in praise of God", and last but not least message boards! You're livin' the dream!

Yes...LA has clued us in to his life. And it sounds nice. Many other people have, too, including many liberals here and their stories also sounds nice. Then, theres you. Typical internet kitty who will make fun of others but wont man up about his own life.

Specially when you probly exit the church parking lot and flip off the @#$@# who won't let you merge onto the freeway, while you're pre-occupied thinking how you'd like all liberals to get cancer and die and worrying about the tax money you have to pay that will be used to feed the children of lazy welfare queens.

Says the guy with a "no emoticon edict" in his life. You must be proud of your ability to fight the urge! :(:lol:

Yeah you're right, music sucks.

What's a Christian Muslim?

I don't know... But the original Nation of Islam comes to mind.

From Wiki:

The original Nation of Islam was founded in Detroit, Michigan in 1930 by Wallace Fard Muhammad also known as W. D. Fard Muhammad (1877-1934 or later). The Nation of Islam teaches that W. Fard Muhammad is both the "Messiah" of Christianity and the Mahdi of Islam. One of Fard's first disciples was Elijah Muhammad (1897-1975), who led the organization from 1935 through 1975