President Barack Obama

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

I just wanted to take a moment to say how proud I am of the President of our country, Barack Obama. A highly intelligent, kind and gentle man who refuses to believe world peace is unobtainable. I commend him for his efforts.

May God Bless and keep this great man safe.

I just wanted to take a moment to say how proud I am of the President of our country, Barack Obama. A highly intelligent, kind and gentle man who refuses to believe world peace is unobtainable. I commend him for his efforts.

Um, you didn't get the memo. Since Obama didn't completely fix the problems of the last 8 years in 6 months, he is the worst president ever.

I think history will mark this speech as an important moment. This was something I hoped we'd see when he was elected, someone with cred who can speak directly to Muslims. Someone who can say "it's not you, it's your crazy extremists." I don't think John McCain (or god help us Sarah Palin) could ever do anything like this.

PTR

Um, you didn't get the memo. Since Obama didn't completely fix the problems of the last 8 years in 6 months, he is the worst president ever.

It's also over five hours since he finished that speech and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict hasn't been completely solved, al Qaeda is still out there and Iran is still trying to have a nuclear weapon. He's all talk and no action.

Bravo, Bravo. I couldnt have said it better. :wallbash:

Guest dog14787

Sorry for the duplicate threads guys, when my first thread disappeared I re-posted it because I didn't know what happened to the first one, lol , it just vanished. :wallbash:

It's also over five hours since he finished that speech and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict hasn't been completely solved, al Qaeda is still out there and Iran is still trying to have a nuclear weapon. He's all talk and no action.

Funny how the only thing we're not supposed to have patience with is acknowedging that everything he does is "historic."

It was a historic speech on a history day in front of a historic shrine using historic words on a day that was...welll...dare I say...historic! :wallbash:

I can't tell if it's because he's the first person to say those things or because he makes it sound so believable? Maybe he'll fix it in six hours.

I think history will mark this speech as an important moment. This was something I hoped we'd see when he was elected, someone with cred who can speak directly to Muslims.

Possibly...but in recent history there've been many "important moments" in Middle Eastern politics that end up being more of the same. Good speech...but just a speech, particularly in that arena.

Doubly so because, in that arena, he was talking less to the Arab street than he was Arab intellectuals. There's a good chance the speech targeted the wrong crowd.

Possibly...but in recent history there've been many "important moments" in Middle Eastern politics that end up being more of the same. Good speech...but just a speech, particularly in that arena.

Doubly so because, in that arena, he was talking less to the Arab street than he was Arab intellectuals. There's a good chance the speech targeted the wrong crowd.

The Muslim World? Good article I read yesterday, thought you'd like to read it Tom.

How do you figure? The speech was at a university with 180,000 students. 60% of the region where he spoke is under 25 years old. It was broadcast pretty much everywhere in the world except Iran (I assume there may be other places that blocked it out but I havent seen a list). He didn't at all address the intellectuals more than your average Muslim in the text of the speech, IMO.

Sarcasm? No one is lame enough to post this and be serious. Can they?

There are more Peggys out there than I think most of us realize.

Who knows, maybe that's why this thread originated on the pollyanna side and was tossed over to the dark side.

Agreed 100%