If they get rid of that thruway along the lake..

Tcali

-Why don't they just toss the rubble in the river?? -Save the bits of steel of course.Maybe save some money on the project?/

Just a wild thought.Maybe the engineers on here can explain to me why that idea is no good. I'm willing to learn.

-Why don't they just toss the rubble in the river?? -Save the bits of steel of course.Maybe save some money on the project?/

Just a wild thought.Maybe the engineers on here can explain to me why that idea is no good. I'm willing to learn.

Why not? They did just that with the excavation from the construction of Rich Stadium - used it for landfill and built the Erie Basin Marina around it.

Also did it with a few old buildings - if you look into the water right along the shore next to The Hatch, you can see huge pieces of marble, some with amazing architectural detail, just dumped into the water - those would be from St. Joseph's 'New' Cathedral at Delaware & Utica, demolished in 1976 to make room for Timon Towers...

link - St. Joseph's New Cathedral

link - marble in outer harbor

Why not? They did just that with the excavation from the construction of Rich Stadium - used it for landfill and built the Erie Basin Marina around it.

Also did it with a few old buildings - if you look into the water right along the shore next to The Hatch, you can see huge pieces of marble, some with amazing architectural detail, just dumped into the water - those would be from St. Joseph's 'New' Cathedral at Delaware & Utica, demolished in 1976 to make room for Timon Towers...

link - St. Joseph's New Cathedral

link - marble in outer harbor

i wonder why that marble couldnt have been reused somewhere..