I Lost My DirecTV Signal!

R. Rich

They screwed me too R. Rich. I can't watch it though because I don't have a TV with an old anntenna on it. Local channels are not available in my area either. THIS IS BULL*^&(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich you lost it because it is the local game. I too had to switch over to the local CBS station. That was one of the changes made last year. If a team is on in the local market you have to get it from that station not from the NFL package.

Rich you lost it because it is the local game.  I too had to switch over to the local CBS station.  That was one of the changes made last year.  If a team is on in the local market you have to get it from that station not from the NFL package.

105754[/snapback]

Exactly. The local networks complained to the NFL about people watching games on the national feed and losing local ad revenue (yeah, right...). So they ran an experiment in Seattle and Pittsburgh two years ago where if the game was shown locally, it's "blacked out" on Sunday Ticket. Last year they made it apply for the whole league. It sucks :lol:

CW

Exactly.  The local networks complained to the NFL about people watching games on the national feed and losing local ad revenue (yeah, right...).  So they ran an experiment in Seattle and Pittsburgh two years ago where if the game was shown locally, it's "blacked out" on Sunday Ticket.  Last year they made it apply for the whole league.  It sucks :blush:

CW

105954[/snapback]

I actually lost the feed for about a quarter or so. It did come back early in the 2nd half. I figure I missed about an hour or so of the game, tape-wise.

I actually lost the feed for about a quarter or so.  It did come back early in the 2nd half.  I figure I missed about an hour or so of the game, tape-wise.

106583[/snapback]

If it came back, chances are that the local game switched away from the Bills/Jets. If not, then someone at DirecTV screwed up because if the game was on locally, you shouldn't have been able to see it. (STUPID rule though; dumb local networks)

CW

Exactly.  The local networks complained to the NFL about people watching games on the national feed and losing local ad revenue (yeah, right...).  So they ran an experiment in Seattle and Pittsburgh two years ago where if the game was shown locally, it's "blacked out" on Sunday Ticket.  Last year they made it apply for the whole league.  It sucks :blink:

CW

105954[/snapback]

:blush:

Exactly.  The local networks complained to the NFL about people watching games on the national feed and losing local ad revenue (yeah, right...).  So they ran an experiment in Seattle and Pittsburgh two years ago where if the game was shown locally, it's "blacked out" on Sunday Ticket.  Last year they made it apply for the whole league.  It sucks :blush:

CW

105954[/snapback]

Fez what channel was game on I set tivo to record on 711 and all I had when went to just view was info on fantasy leagues. I fast forwarded all the way thru and thats all I had. Local TV wasnt issue since Raiders at Panthers was supposed to be on. How can I make sure Tivo can react to schedule changes for Bills games??

Fez what channel was game on I set tivo to record on 711 and all I had when went to just view was info on fantasy leagues.    I fast forwarded all the way thru and thats all I had.    Local TV wasnt issue since Raiders at Panthers was supposed to be on.  How can I make sure Tivo can react to schedule changes for Bills games??

106730[/snapback]

It was on channel 706 (always was; the TV schedule is announced ahead of time and you should've gotten a mailing about it before the season started).

Setup a wishlist recording to record everything with Buffalo Bills in the title. That way you won't have to worry about it in the future.

CW

It was on channel 706 (always was; the TV schedule is announced ahead of time and you should've gotten a mailing about it before the season started).

Setup a wishlist recording to record everything with Buffalo Bills in the title.  That way you won't have to worry about it in the future.

CW

106888[/snapback]

Damn when I went on the guide it said both 706 and 711 shouldnt have thrown away my Sunday ticket guide. Damn missed a good game. Good suggestion I am still a Tivo Newbie

Damn when I went on the guide it said both 706 and 711 shouldnt have thrown away my Sunday ticket guide.  Damn missed a good game.  Good suggestion I am still a Tivo Newbie

107186[/snapback]

Weird; I didn't look close enough to see if it was on 711 myself... Of course, you also could've recorded both channels (dual tuners on DirecTiVo rocks!)

The only way the game can be on both channels is if it's an "enhanced" game, meaning you get to see all the scores of the other games around the edge, updated in real-time. Personally, I find those channels annoying and never watch 'em, but some people must find them useful. Those are usually 701-704 if I recall correctly.

CW

Exactly.  The local networks complained to the NFL about people watching games on the national feed and losing local ad revenue (yeah, right...).  So they ran an experiment in Seattle and Pittsburgh two years ago where if the game was shown locally, it's "blacked out" on Sunday Ticket.  Last year they made it apply for the whole league.  It sucks :(

CW

105954[/snapback]

This has got to be one of the dumbest rules they ever came up with! <_< :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I'm not in an NFL market and I pay a lot for the 'Sunday Ticket'. I should be able to see all of the games for which I pay. To make matters worse, I can no longer receive my local channels since the locals were dropped to a lower satellite orbit (don't have a clear, unobstructed view now) AND my local stations won't grant a freakin' waiver!! I watched the game "over the air", but this does not allow me my TiVO option and the signal is not as clear. I also have an issue with this because what if the game turns out to be a blowout and my local station decides to switch to another game?? Will the game pop back on DTV to view? Even so, it again makes taping/TiVOing an issue. Luckily, this was the first time this year that it's been an issue for me regarding the Bills, but I still feel cheated that some of the other games are blacked out.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: the greedy NFL bastards

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: the local stations

This has got to be one of the dumbest rules they ever came up with!  <_<  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I'm not in an NFL market and I pay a lot for the 'Sunday Ticket'. I should be able to see all of the games for which I pay. To make matters worse, I can no longer receive my local channels since the locals were dropped to a lower satellite orbit (don't have a clear, unobstructed view now) AND my local stations won't grant a freakin' waiver!! I watched the game "over the air", but this does not allow me my TiVO option and the signal is not as clear. I also have an issue with this because what if the game turns out to be a blowout and my local station decides to switch to another game?? Will the game pop back on DTV to view? Even so, it again makes taping/TiVOing an issue. Luckily, this was the first time this year that it's been an issue for me regarding the Bills, but I still feel cheated that some of the other games are blacked out.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  the greedy NFL bastards

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  the local stations

107201[/snapback]

Yup, I agree that it sucks.

To answer your question -- if the game's a blowout and they switch, they sometimes put the game back on DirecTV, and sometimes they don't. It's been hit or miss apparantly.

BTW, I sound like a broken record, but I'd be VERY surprised if you can't get locals with a new dish. Get an installer out there and have them look at it. If you've been a DirecTV customer for over a year, they'll pay for the whole thing if you call them and tell them what you want. If the front line people don't give you what you want, specifically ask for "Customer Retention" and you'll get it. They may need to relocate your dish elsewhere and put up a Phase III dish, but you should be able to get it. Don't let a lazy installer tell you that you can't get it because they're usually wrong.

CW