North Korea's Dear Leader Names Successor

Well, he doesn't believe in God. That's a big plus for some here.

I don't want to set anyone off on a tangent but a wise person once said, "Even if you don't believe in God, make pretend you do."

I don't want to set anyone off on a tangent but a wise person once said, "Even if you don't believe in God, make pretend you do."

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

-Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects

I heard that "Lil" Kim was picked because the oldest son was out of the running for using a fake passport to attend Disneyland Tokyo and the middle son is "too girlish". This is not a joke.

I saw a family picture of the Chia Pet with the sons at a younger age. Lil Kim looked about 10 then and the middle son did look like a girl.

CNN has a follow up of sorts.

The eldest son of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, in a rare television interview Tuesday, shed some light on who might eventually take over leadership of the country.

Kim Jong Nam told TV Asahi in Macau that he does not care about politics or succeeding his father.

"Personally, I am not interested in this issue (succession)," he said in an interview with the Japanese television network. "Sorry, I am not interested in the politics."

The rules governing transfer of power in the secretive communist nation are unclear.

Kim Jong Il is widely reported to have suffered a stroke in August and has been absent from many public functions in recent months.

In April, he named his son, Kim Jong Un, and brother-in-law, Jang Song Thaek, to the country's powerful National Defense Commission, suggesting his third son may be his heir.