Kelly wants Obama’s help in testing issue

Jim Kelly is hoping to take his fight for universal newborn screening to a higher level.

The Hall of Fame quarterback and his wife, Jill, have been going state to state for years to try increase the mandatory number of tests for inherited disorders that are done on infants.

Kelly is continuing that push. But he’s also trying to make universal newborn screening a federal requirement.

“I want to go to the top; I want to go talk to Barack,” Kelly said, referring to President Obama. “That’s the bottom line. This should not be a state by state issue. This should be federally mandated to make sure that every kid gets a chance. When I go to state to state, and it’s a no-brainer, and I get nobody pushing me back, and you know it works, and everybody agrees, why isn’t it federally mandated?”

http://www.buffalonews.com/golf/story/689972.html

Jim Kelly is hoping to take his fight for universal newborn screening to a higher level.

The Hall of Fame quarterback and his wife, Jill, have been going state to state for years to try increase the mandatory number of tests for inherited disorders that are done on infants.

Kelly is continuing that push. But he’s also trying to make universal newborn screening a federal requirement.

“I want to go to the top; I want to go talk to Barack,” Kelly said, referring to President Obama. “That’s the bottom line. This should not be a state by state issue. This should be federally mandated to make sure that every kid gets a chance. When I go to state to state, and it’s a no-brainer, and I get nobody pushing me back, and you know it works, and everybody agrees, why isn’t it federally mandated?”

http://www.buffalonews.com/golf/story/689972.html

JK is a republican to the core except for this issue I guess.

Leave us alone with federal mandates. It is a state issue which is why it being treated as such.

I think Obama has more important things to do than deal with a admittedly grieving father who happens to have fame and money because he could run and throw.

I hope JK will relax himself and understand that big gov't is still big gov't.