A REAL mayorial candidate for Buffalo!

...and his kids can't drive worth a sh-t.

Amazing how quickly Brown-appointed Buffalo police commish H. McCarthy Gipson made it over to the mayor's house that evening to take charge of the 'investigation', and how the whole incident quietly faded away. :devil:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt seriously that Henry Ford ever had any intention of placing his original assembly line in Buffalo, or anywhere outside of Detroit for that matter. However, he did subsequently build two assembly plants here - one on Main & Rodney, replacing it with a lakefront plant on Fuhman Boulevard...

Ford Motor Co. - Buffalo, NY

Also, at that time, Buffalo already had a fairly thriving automobile manufacturing base - both Pierce Arrow Motor Car Company and Thomas Motor Company were already headquartered here in The BuffTown...

Thomas Motor Co.

Pierce Arrow

I don't know... I wouldn't doubt it Sen. I will have to dig you up a link... I remeber reading that he (Ford) early on (early 19 "00s") wanted in at BFLO and that the city rebuffed him, especially with the automobile being in it's infancy.

ya know what is amazing? i followed the link to peirce arrow and that link had another link to defunct automobile manufacturers, i never would have imagined there were so many manufacturers over the years.....what an industrious world we were....

And a very polluted world! Where do you think that pollution/cesspool lies today? Of course far from our borders. Do you think we as a nation would tolerate it today. NIMBY.