Abortion doctor killed...

This thread is doomed now. Thanks. :beer:

I agree.

So you are angry at the pro-life crowd because they haven't adopted all of the orphans and homeless in the country? Does this mean that the pro-choice crowd needs to start murdering the homeless?

PUNCH!!

That rises to an extreme level of idiocy. Saying pro-choice people are pro-murder is as stupid as pro-choice people calling anti-abortionists pro-Parkinson's disease, pro-HIV, pro-MS, pro-paralysis, pro-strokes and many other diseases that can potentially be cured by stem cell research.

It's real easy to talk about being anti-abortion. It's not easy to take care of the kids who were not aborted. As I said a lot of anti-abortionists don't give a :lol: about the non-aborted kids while they talk a lot about a few cells being a human being.

I am. But only in very specific cases. For example: retroactively aborting some moron who thinks he's doing God's work when he guns someone down in a frickin' Church is okay by me.

:bag:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

PUNCH!!

That rises to an extreme level of idiocy. Saying pro-choice people are pro-murder is as stupid as pro-choice people calling anti-abortionists pro-Parkinson's disease, pro-HIV, pro-MS, pro-paralysis, pro-strokes and many other diseases that can potentially be cured by stem cell research.

It's real easy to talk about being anti-abortion. It's not easy to take care of the kids who were not aborted. As I said a lot of anti-abortionists don't give a :lol: about the non-aborted kids while they talk a lot about a few cells being a human being.

:bag:

Relax Steely I was joking. I am pro-choice and i just thought your argument was a reach. I agree that the situation with orphans and homeless children is unfortunate but that blame falls on everyone. Using it as an argument against the pro-life crowd is weak. I shouldn't have to adopt every orphan if I want to have an opinion. I also wanted to see if I could provoke a punch. I'm a big fan of the cat.

Yeah... I understand that argument, I just think that there are ways to isolate them from society and render them harmless.

hey i agree with you....but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if someone threw them off a cliff. I actually lean toward being anti-death penalty--because #1 it rarely is used--10,000 murderers and maybe 70 are executed.#2-I think life in prison is a harsher penalty. #3--even if they are executed it normally takes 20 yrs and is super expensive after all the appeals etc.

#4-sometimes DNA evidence can show they that MAY not be guilty.

Relax Steely I was joking. I am pro-choice and i just thought your argument was a reach. I agree that the situation with orphans and homeless children is unfortunate but that blame falls on everyone. Using it as an argument against the pro-life crowd is weak. I shouldn't have to adopt every orphan if I want to have an opinion. I also wanted to see if I could provoke a punch. I'm a big fan of the cat.

Well the kitty did punch you. I hope you're happy. :wallbash: Does this mean you want to be p-whipped? Get married.

Anyhoo, my point is that it's real easy to talk a good game but very hard to do so. If they truly cared about children their emphasis would be on the already born and hopeless kids. JMO

why don't these extremists kill the mothers who have voluntarily elected to terminate their own pregnancies?

'these'? extremists.....wow this 51 yr old guy is multiplying fast. One guy...maybe every few years--and its turning into an army of extemists.

'these'? extremists.....wow this 51 yr old guy is multiplying fast. One guy...maybe every few years--and its turning into an army of extemists.

"Army of extremists"? Never said that.

more than one extremist ---> extremists.

Yeah, I hear you. Makes the "pro-life" side look a bit wacky. I really dislike the "pro-life" an "pro-choice" terminology. The "pro-life" term infers that there is also a "pro-death" side. No one is *for* abortion. It sucks regardless of the side one choses.

The only thing that I find odd about the debate is how so many "pro-life" people are also in favor of the death penalty. Isn't all human life sacred?

I personally find both practices rather barbaric.

You have to give credit to the Catholic Church on this - they are consistently pro-life - from conception to conviction.

I find it completely ironic that the person who made the decision to terminate the pregnancy was not the doctor performing the abortion, it was the mother of the fetus. So an innocent man gets killed for performing an operation that was asked of him to perform by the mother. Brilliant

Who said the mother was innocent. This is like someone hiring a hitman to do their dirty work. Both are guilty.

You have to give credit to the Catholic Church on this - they are consistently pro-life - from conception to conviction.

The Catholic church has evolved their stance on this over the years. At one point, it was against Church doctrine to use contraception because the mere 'potential' for life was enough.

I always find it completely ironic that a person who is for murdering babies get's upset when one of those baby murderers is killed by someone else. Brilliant.

Not sure that anyone is "for" abortion, as has been previously said, the choice sucks for all involved. You can have a personal belief in whether you will or will not choose an abortion should the circumstances present that an option.

However, personal beliefs and options should be decided by those involved, rather than dictated by the government telling you what you can and can not do with yourself. Thats my libertarian belief (and, yes, its consistent across many issues).

I always find it completely ironic that a person who is for murdering babies get's upset when one of those baby murderers is killed by someone else. Brilliant.

I love this argument. He is a "baby killer" for performing abortions but lets forget about all of the ones that he has helped deliver into the world and the lives of people he has saved. Late Term abortions for the most part are NOT for people that regret getting pregnant. It is usually when the fetus endangers the life of the mother or when doctors discover that the fetus will only have a shot life filled with pain and suffering.

The Catholic church has evolved their stance on this over the years. At one point, it was against Church doctrine to use contraception because the mere 'potential' for life was enough.

Isn't the Church still very anti-contraception? Didn't the Pope just go through Africa (where people need to stop giving each other AIDS) and speak out against contraceptives. This is just one of my problems with Catholicism.

I love this argument. He is a "baby killer" for performing abortions but lets forget about all of the ones that he has helped deliver into the world and the lives of people he has saved. Late Term abortions for the most part are NOT for people that regret getting pregnant. It is usually when the fetus endangers the life of the mother or when doctors discover that the fetus will only have a shot life filled with pain and suffering.

Isn't the Church still very anti-contraception? Didn't the Pope just go through Africa (where people need to stop giving each other AIDS) and speak out against contraceptives. This is just one of my problems with Catholicism.

He didn't. His clinic in Kansas performed abortions only. They were not a full service clinic. Death only, no life. he was proud of of 60K+ abortions to include 10K+ 3rd term abortions.

a VERY interesting twist to this story is this:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/05/...ller/index.html

apparently, Dr Tiller has been a regular topic (target) on Bill O'Reily's show for a couple years now.

Tiller's been a target for a lot of people. O'Reily's just a nice, high-profile axe-grinding boogey-man for Salon to grind their axe against.

Which isn't to say that O'Reily isn't a pimp...just that Salon's as big a joke as he is.

Tiller's been a target for a lot of people. O'Reily's just a nice, high-profile axe-grinding boogey-man for Salon to grind their axe against.

Which isn't to say that O'Reily isn't a pimp...just that Salon's as big a joke as he is.

im not about to argue for or against the source that pointed out the story. it's pretty clear they have their own agenda.

again, it's just interesting to me that this was a "high profile" abortion doctor. it changes the story a bit, IMO. if people have made him the "poster boy" of abortion over the past few years, and then he gets murdered in church... what a mess.

im not about to argue for or against the source that pointed out the story. it's pretty clear they have their own agenda.

I wouldn't either...except that Salon printed an article that made Bill O'Reily the story. Uhhh, excuse me Mr. Salon Editor, aren't you now doing largely the same thing you're vilifying O'Reily for?

They're both the reason people get shot over this. They can't report the doctor was shot, they have to salaciously report that Bill O'Reily instigated the shooting, just like O'Reily had to salaciously report that "a doctor is murdering babies!" Salon writes articles catering to their extremists about O'Reily making statements catering to his extermists...is it any wonder that hot-button issues like this get all !@#$ed up?

I wouldn't either...except that Salon printed an article that made Bill O'Reily the story. Uhhh, excuse me Mr. Salon Editor, aren't you now doing largely the same thing you're vilifying O'Reily for?

They're both the reason people get shot over this. They can't report the doctor was shot, they have to salaciously report that Bill O'Reily instigated the shooting, just like O'Reily had to salaciously report that "a doctor is murdering babies!" Salon writes articles catering to their extremists about O'Reily making statements catering to his extermists...is it any wonder that hot-button issues like this get all !@#$ed up?

well, im not going to start arguing the difference between pointing out that O'Reily is a douchebag, and him rallying the religious extremists in this country with his hot-button terms and playing to their fears/beliefs. i dont really give a sh-- about salon.com.

but what i do find interesting is the "extremists on both sides" mentioned in this thread.

we know what the religious extremists do. kill, bomb, kidnap, arson, etc.

but what do these so-called extremists on the other side do exactly? ive never heard of a pro-choice extremist. do they go around forcing pregnant mothers to have unwanted abortions? do they try to talk innocent girls into killing their babies? i dont think so, or at least ive never heard of that.

so, short of simply wanting everyone to be able to choose what happens to their own body themselves, and also have such a complicated and dangerous procedure regulated and documented by the government (accountability), id appreciate it if anyone could help describe what else an "extremist on the other side" is all about. ive never heard of a pro-choice person fire-bombing a church. maybe im overlooking it though.

and tom, im not trying to be a wise-ass to you at all. so please dont take it as such. im genuinely curious.