Increased value in Camp Cuts!?

The fact that each team currently is hanging on about 80 players currently, how much is the 27 or so cuts from each team going to be affected by the economy. Reality would point towards teams avoiding paying that extra year for a player because he has been or could be something. If each team were to allow salary to figure in to decisions that much more, this year could cause teams to drop players they at any other time wouldn't!

I dont expect the NFL to have a bad year. But those owners and players are now going to be paying much higher taxes, and will certainly get hit worse in the future under the Obama administration.

The fact that each team currently is hanging on about 80 players currently, how much is the 27 or so cuts from each team going to be affected by the economy. Reality would point towards teams avoiding paying that extra year for a player because he has been or could be something. If each team were to allow salary to figure in to decisions that much more, this year could cause teams to drop players they at any other time wouldn't!

Each No Fun League team must spend at least a certain amount on the 53 man roster. So I can't see too many Ralph Wilson's out there trying get rid of players just for the sake of getting rid of salary (when already under cap).

The area where people are feeling it within the organizations is inside the offices with aides, interns, assistant trainers, and secretaries (that haven't slept with the owners).

Each No Fun League team must spend at least a certain amount on the 53 man roster. So I can't see too many Ralph Wilson's out there trying get rid of players just for the sake of getting rid of salary (when already under cap).

The area where people are feeling it within the organizations is inside the offices with aides, interns, assistant trainers, and secretaries (that haven't slept with the owners).

The cap is at about 128 million, making the minimum about 107 million.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...p.ap/index.html