An offer you can refuse

chicot

Your missing my point, as usual. Your feelings are based on what happened to you and your family and friends. Rather than the whole country. Financially, your family was effected, you said that. Money is everything, making lite of it makes you look ignoran-t, please don’t do that. Therefore you had a vested interest in the status quo. Which was Sadam. Again, thanks for making my point.

Come out of the Closet............We can take it

106894[/snapback]

Actually, my viewpoint is at least as much down to my leftist leanings (which would probably be considered extreme by US standards, less so outside America) as it is to specific things that have happened to my family and friends. I can't come out of the closet since I was never in it. I have already told you that my family had no connection to Saddam's regime and actually benefited financially from his downfall. If you choose not to believe me and instead hang on to your preconceived notions, then there is little point in continuing this as there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.

I'm not evading any of your questions. I just don't want to put an "all about Chicot" post on here. It's fair to say that I have some sympathy for the insurgents, although I certainly would not condone attacks on civilians, kidnappings, beheadings or the like. Yes my family was affected financially by the ousting of Saddam, but not in the way you seem to think. Many of my relatives are schoolteachers and received a substantial payrise from the interim government so it's fair to say that their standard of living increased as a result of the ousting of Saddam.

106729[/snapback]

Oh Great! That's all the world and Iraq needs in more Islamic fundamentalist Madras teachers <_<

Oh Great!  That's all the world and Iraq needs in more Islamic fundamentalist Madras teachers <_<

107328[/snapback]

If they exactly shared my views (unlikely), they wouldn't be teaching any sort of religion since I am an atheist.