An offer you can refuse

chicot

Should have been titled Iraqi "Terrorists" asked  for 'Embeded reporters in Falluja"

Rebels ? Insurgents? Bullsh*t...................

106430[/snapback]

Ok, I'll bite. What exactly is your definition of the word "terrorist"?

Ok, I'll bite. What exactly is your definition of the word "terrorist"?

106525[/snapback]

No I”LL bite, what is your tie in to the Iraqi movement? Is or was your family tied into sadam in any way? Its obvious that you come from some affluence. Your slanted view on Iraq speaks volumes on this board.

Have you or your family funded any terrorist in Iraq? (like you’ll answer that one) When will you see that a democratic state will benefit ALL of the middle east? Would you prefer tyranny in England? Where you live? I think you may be a hypocrite. I’ve read your posts for almost two years, you strike me as a terrorist sympathizer. Sorry, but that’s my take……… There's really no need to respond, however, many on this board feel the same as I do about you.

BTW, did you know the Bill's won? Thought not.........

No I”LL bite, what is your tie in to the Iraqi movement? Is or was your family tied into sadam in any way? Its obvious that you come from some affluence. Your slanted view on Iraq speaks volumes on this board.

Have you or your family funded any terrorist in Iraq? (like you’ll answer that one)  When will you see that a democratic state will benefit ALL of the middle east?  Would you prefer tyranny in England? Where you live? I think you may be a hypocrite. I’ve read your posts for almost two years, you strike me as a terrorist sympathizer. Sorry, but that’s my take……… There's really no need to respond, however, many on this board feel the same as I do about you.

BTW, did you know the Bill's won? Thought not.........

106580[/snapback]

Dear me. Are you incapable of disagreeing with someone without getting personal? No, my family was not connected to Saddam in any way. No, neither me nor my family have funded any terrorists in Iraq. A democratic state in Iraq would be good, but I do not believe democracy can be imposed in this way and certainly not with all the cockups made in the immediate aftermath of the war. Of course I wouldn't prefer tyranny in England. You can think of me as a terrorist sympathizer if you want, it really doesn't bother me that much. Equally whether or not many on this board feel the same as you doesn't bother me either. The fact that my views bother you so much simply shows how much some Americans are cut off from the rest of the world. My views are by no means that remarkable whether in England, Europe or the rest of the World. Yes, I did know that the Bills won, strange though that may seem to you.

Dear me. Are you incapable of disagreeing with someone without getting personal? No, my family was not connected to Saddam in any way. No, neither me nor my family have funded any terrorists in Iraq. A democratic state in Iraq would be good, but I do not believe democracy can be imposed in this way and certainly not with all the cockups made in the immediate aftermath of the war. Of course I wouldn't prefer tyranny in England. You can think of me as a terrorist sympathizer if you want, it really doesn't bother me that much. Equally whether or not many on this board feel the same as you doesn't bother me either. The fact that my views bother you so much simply shows how much some Americans are cut off from the rest of the world. My views are by no means that remarkable whether in England, Europe or the rest of the World. Yes, I did know that the Bills won, strange though that may seem to you.

106638[/snapback]

You can take personal all you want. There was no shot there. I'll let the Marines take care of that. I think your posts in the last two years are indicative of your feelings. Tell me, since the fall of that sick bastard Sadam, has that had any reflection on the income of your family or you? And where do you fall when it comes to religion in Iraq.? Do you now have to work in England? And, if you may, tell us your background again. There are some here that don’t know about you. You’ve said in the past, but lets refresh some people. What do you do in England? How did you get the job? Family help? Was your family trading arms for money?

You seem to know so much of whats going on there, please, tell us why we should believe you.

You can take personal all you want. There was no shot there. I'll let the Marines take care of that. I think your posts in the last two years are indicative of your feelings. Tell me, since the fall of that sick bastard Sadam, has that had any reflection on the income of your family or you? And where do you fall when it comes to religion in Iraq.? Do you now have to work in England? And, if you may, tell us your background again. There are some here that don’t know about you. You’ve said in the past, but lets refresh some people. What do you do in England? How did you get the job? Family help? Was your family trading arms for money?

You seem to know so much of whats going on there, please, tell us why we should believe you.

106669[/snapback]

My views are just that, my views. I never claimed to know what was happening everywhere in Iraq. When I hear something from my relatives that I think is relevant to a discussion then I will mention it and I will usually state that that is where I got it from. As for the rest, I don't really want to put my life history on this board. I'll pm you when I get the chance. I'll warn you though that it's far more mundane than you seem to think - trading arms for money?? :blush::blink::D

My views are just that, my views. I never claimed to know what was happening everywhere in Iraq. When I hear something from my relatives that I think is relevant to a discussion then I will mention it and I will usually state that that is where I got it from. As for the rest, I don't really want to put my life history on this board. I'll pm you when I get the chance. I'll warn you though that it's far more mundane than you seem to think - trading arms for money??  :blink:  :D  :D

106688[/snapback]

The English language is pretty broad. I’m sure I can put your definitions into a perspective that will accommodate my small American brain. :D

Why evade some of the more pertinent question I’ve asked? Your feelings for Iraq are overwhelmingly pro “insurgent”. Terrorists in my book.

Was your family affected financially by the ousting of Sadam? :blush:

The English language is pretty broad. I’m sure I can put your  definitions into a perspective that will accommodate my small American brain.  :blink:

Why evade some of the more pertinent question I’ve asked? Your feelings for Iraq are overwhelmingly pro “insurgent”. Terrorists in my book.

Was your family affected financially by the ousting of Sadam? :blush:

106716[/snapback]

I'm not evading any of your questions. I just don't want to put an "all about Chicot" post on here. It's fair to say that I have some sympathy for the insurgents, although I certainly would not condone attacks on civilians, kidnappings, beheadings or the like. Yes my family was affected financially by the ousting of Saddam, but not in the way you seem to think. Many of my relatives are schoolteachers and received a substantial payrise from the interim government so it's fair to say that their standard of living increased as a result of the ousting of Saddam.

I'm not evading any of your questions. I just don't want to put an "all about Chicot" post on here. It's fair to say that I have some sympathy for the insurgents, although I certainly would not condone attacks on civilians, kidnappings, beheadings or the like. Yes my family was affected financially by the ousting of Saddam, but not in the way you seem to think. Many of my relatives are schoolteachers and received a substantial payrise from the interim government so it's fair to say that their standard of living increased as a result of the ousting of Saddam.

106729[/snapback]

Any effect on ones family’s finances or themselves has a direct correlation to ones political views. Your milquetoast answer doesn’t cut it. While I think there’s more to this story, I do appreciate your candor.

You’ve made my point I believe.

Good evening..........

Any effect on ones family’s finances or themselves has a direct correlation to ones political views. Your milquetoast answer doesn’t cut it.  While I think there’s more to this story, I do appreciate your candor.

You’ve made my point I believe.

Good evening..........

106844[/snapback]

Not everything is related to money. Having more money is all well and good, but if you can't step out of your frontdoor for fear of being blown up, shot or kidnapped, it's not really going to do you that much good. I won't ask what "milquetoast" is :blush:

Not everything is related to money. Having more money is all well and good, but if you can't step out of your frontdoor for fear of being blown up, shot or kidnapped, it's not really going to do you that much good. I won't ask what "milquetoast" is  :blush:

106859[/snapback]

Your missing my point, as usual. Your feelings are based on what happened to you and your family and friends. Rather than the whole country. Financially, your family was effected, you said that. Money is everything, making lite of it makes you look ignoran-t, please don’t do that. Therefore you had a vested interest in the status quo. Which was Sadam. Again, thanks for making my point.

Come out of the Closet............We can take it

I might buy ordinary Iraqis resisting the US' attempts at stabilizing the country for elections being called rebels or insurgents but foreign fighters there simply to disrupt the country and fight off the US/coalition are nothing more than terrorists who want the country steeped in chaos and lawlessness which is the main ingredients for their breeding grounds. Hence why they fight so hard.

I might buy ordinary Iraqis resisting the US' attempts at stabilizing the country for elections being called rebels or insurgents  but foreign fighters there simply to disrupt the country and fight off the US/coalition are nothing more than terrorists who want the country steeped in chaos and lawlessness which is the main ingredients for their breeding grounds.      Hence why they fight so hard.

106973[/snapback]

I'd agree with that. I've never said that there are no terrorists in Iraq, just that not all the insurgents can be regarded as such. Incidentally, even Bush conceded this point in an interview he gave with a French journalist a few months back.