It's Official: Pisa agrees to terms with the Bears

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont think the bills wanted him that badly....I know they offered him a contract but lets face it......when the bills REALLY want somebody they do go after them......TO.....STROUD?

....TO, Stroud....and......um.......did I mention TO & Stroud yet?........let's see, they also really went after......um......last off season they signed up Stroud, and this off season they shocked the football world by signing TO, and they really wanted those two guys and got them. So, every off season the Bills REALLY want somebody, and they get them.....one every season. Like clockwork. Who cares if they interview and target and maybe even offer low-ball contracts to about 5 or 6 every off season that they could afford and would really help the team, right? They always get their ONE guy every off-season they REALLY want.

Love our Inner Circle. :worthy:

Right, I'm sure our FO would agree with you.

They brought him in and offered him a contract so he could be Ellison's backup.

That makes sense.

You dont know what their plans were...they obviously offered less money or less opportunity. So we either told he would have to compete with Ellision, offered less money in case he is the back up, or both. I seriously doubt we offered the most money and the starting spot and he still chose Chi.

....TO, Stroud....and......um.......did I mention TO & Stroud yet?........let's see, they also really went after......um......last off season they signed up Stroud, and this off season they shocked the football world by signing TO, and they really wanted those two guys and got them. So, every off season the Bills REALLY want somebody, and they get them.....one every season. Like clockwork. Who cares if they interview and target and maybe even offer low-ball contracts to about 5 or 6 every off season that they could afford and would really help the team, right? They always get their ONE guy every off-season they REALLY want.

You must play a lot of Madden because you seem to think adding marquee players is easy. Considering we acquired a great DT and a great WR in back to back years, that is pretty good. They also wanted Bledsoe and got him, they also wanted Dockery and Walker and got them...but thats all lost in your Madden world

FYI: WHO CARES! I mean seriously, why is there a 3 page discussion about a marginal LB who was cut by one of the worst Defenses in the league as if he was the missing piece to our super bowl run...get real.

Its VERY debateable if he is even an upgrade to Ellison, and I am more excited about Nic Harris at LB than this guy because he was no where near the player he was a couple years ago and even then he was just above average.

FYI: WHO CARES! I mean seriously, why is there a 3 page discussion about a marginal LB who was cut by one of the worst Defenses in the league as if he was the missing piece to our super bowl run...get real.

Its VERY debateable if he is even an upgrade to Ellison, and I am more excited about Nic Harris at LB than this guy because he was no where near the player he was a couple years ago and even then he was just above average.

Someone has got to sell me on Nic Harris, and do it fast. The guy is a converted rookie Safety, I seriously doubt he's the answer to our OLB woes.

Someone has got to sell me on Nic Harris, and do it fast. The guy is a converted rookie Safety, I seriously doubt he's the answer to our OLB woes.

Not saying he is the answer yet, I said I am more excited about him than some bum. I played LB in college in the Pac 10 for four years and when I saw the game film on Nic Harris he showed up to me as someone who could not only make the transition but could excel at it. Keep an eye on him, nothing is certain, but I really like what I see out of him on film.

You must play a lot of Madden because you seem to think adding marquee players is easy. Considering we acquired a great DT and a great WR in back to back years, that is pretty good. They also wanted Bledsoe and got him, they also wanted Dockery and Walker and got them...but thats all lost in your Madden world

Wrong. The current crew of Ralph and his Inner Circle did not sign Bledsoe, Dockery and Walker. Bledsoe was brought in by Tom Donahoe in a trade, not a free agent signing, and Dockery and Walker were signed by the Marv Levy brigade. So now we are back down to the great DT and the great WR in back to back years, that were signed by the inner circle of today. I guess I could agree that those two signings were pretty good. That's a start. But if the Bills have substantial room under the cap after their rookies are signed and some cash is set aside for injuries when training camp begins this year, you tell me why at least one or two more of those free agents that came in for visits were not signed?

And Madden Football? Well, I did play a little bit about 5 years ago with my son. It was pretty cool, but I lost interest in it.

I'm not going to pretend I didn't want this guy as a Bill--I did and this hurts. I've seen enough of Ellison and he's a backup at best and God forbid he or anyone else should go down next year. The FO screwed the pooch on this one, IMHO......

My feelings exactly. I wanted them to keep Crowell. I would have loved to have any of the free agents who came in. I can't watch Ellison. Exactly what have they done in the offseason to upgrade the run D. Nothing.

It's the build over four year plan that Buffalo employs. It's a slow and tedious process, and one which was delayed when dollars were allocated to bust free agents. But picking up 1-2 good players per off-season, particularly 30+ year olds is not what will make this team win. They've got to hit on their first day picks and make prudent decisions in free agency. Levy's track record was the exact opposite: not enough success on day 1 and poor choices in UFA.

The most concerning aspect is how each team in the AFCE have improved. NYJ has a strong defense, and MIA has Parcells. The Patsies are still the patsies, but after four years, there's no excuse now post-TD not to win.

He didn't want to play here......we offered him a contract and he took a 1 year deal with the bears.....that means he did want to be here...@uck him.

This is basically what it comes down to. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out the Bills offered him a somewhat low, but multi-year deal. He went with rolling the dice instead. He'll gets a chance at real free agency in a year. What do you expect? The Rams screwed him big time. They cut him when there really wasn't a league-wide LB need anymore. Players always fair better when they have more than just 2 teams trying to sign them. Pisa will eventually get his money - during next year's free agency. This was a pure financial decision.

My only hope is that the Bills, having been rejected by another OLB, will actually go out and get Derrick Brooks. I know, he's not the same superstar he was in his prime, but he could add some leadership and identity to our Defense while mentoring the younger guys.

Or they could just go out and sign Jamie Winborn (somewhat likely)

Or they could just do nothing (most likely)

I have been saying this for weeks. And it is also apparent that whatever moves make sense (common type), those are the ones we (our FO) avoid. We bring in TO when nobody thought we would, we allow everybody else to come and go, as nobody else thought we should. Is he the dominant player of old no!!!

I am not expecting that Brooks come here to win another D-MVP award. Simply he fits, is far more productive than any possibility, and can give us two good years. Lets face it, even PT was not a long term answer so why avoid Brooks because his age? Salary is one thing, but damn, we gotta pay somebody in order to win, that is one thing he has done. There is no overvaluing the "been there done that" experience in the NFL. He has much to pass on to our young players!

Makes too much sense so our front office will absolutely avoid this one!!!