Trent threw a 50 yard pass

The video of the pass is now available on the front page of BB.com.

Owens is a freak. Just had to be said.

I'm curious. Are you from Malta or Orchard Park?

I was leaving Saratoga last summer driving south on Route 9. Something caught my eye on the right side of the road. It was NE Patriots neon sign in a bar window. I guess it was a Patriots bar.

Spooked me BIG TIME!

I don't think we have any of those here in the 'Cuse!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really sad that the whole "Trent Edwards has no arm" fallacies are still around although Bills reporters say there was virtually no difference in the balls being throw by Edwards and Losman at practice... Edwards has a plenty strong enough arm to make any throw that is needed. Can we please stop this stupidity of saying Edwards has a weak arm? Its simply a lie, plain and simple...

I could throw the ball 60 yds at 5-10 175 lbs when I was in my late 20`s. So don`t tell me Trent can`t throw that far,because I`m not buying it. Lets go BuffalOOOOO. Tear it up Trent. :worthy:

Most able bodied men over 18 can throw a ball 50 yards (or close to it). Big deal. An NFL QB needs to not only throw it that far, but get it there accurately, on time and with velocity. I just saw this play on the news. That throw sucked. It wobbled and floated. It was not a bullet or spiral. In a game, it probably would have been easily defended or picked.

Yes, TO is a freak. No, Trent does not have a strong arm. I am not a big Trent backer. But I am hopeful he can develop into a very good NFL QB. He will never have a rifle arm so stop trying to say he does or make excuses for why he doesn't. Not all good QBs have great arms. Trent will be fine if he makes good decisions, finds the open receiver and takes his shots downfield when they are there. He has plenty of weapons. He just has to keep them all happy. He is not likely to become a gunslinger, throwing it all over the field and I am fine with that. I want wins not highlight reel plays.

it was a solid pass and catch. perfectly timed/placed pass, good adjustment and great extra gear by t.o. to catch up to ball. woulda been a td in any setting, practice, scrimmage, preseason, regular season and against most cbs.

jw

Edwards will never be confused with Cutler or Big Ben, but he has more than enough arm strength to make all the throws needed to be a quality NFL starting QB. He can throw the deep out, the seam route and the bomb well enough to lead this team to the playoffs. He should not be asked to throw as much as Manning or Romo -- he just needs to be smart, accurate and, on occasion, throw the deep ball far enough for TO and Evans to run under it (he has already proven that he can throw deep enough to hook up with Evans). Arm strength is important, but so are smarts, quick release, mobility and leadership -- Edwards has plenty of these traits.

I'm curious. Are you from Malta or Orchard Park?

I was leaving Saratoga last summer driving south on Route 9. Something caught my eye on the right side of the road. It was NE Patriots neon sign in a bar window. I guess it was a Patriots bar.

Spooked me BIG TIME!

I don't think we have any of those here in the 'Cuse!

Its kind of strange, but I've lived in all 3 places. I've been to the island of Malta for a work-study when I was 18. I then lived in Ballston Lake, which is near the town of Malta in Upstate New York. Now I currently reside in Orchard Park, NY while my girlfriend finishes up her forensics degree.

I am well-traveled young lad.

And ugh, thankfully i've never seen that bar...otherwise it would have lost a window. Whats weird is that Saratoga is a very Buffalo-sports-team friendly place...Peabodys is actually a Sabres bar during the season and The Stadium has some signed Bills gear on their walls.

While I'm definitely digging the night life out here, I do miss summer nights drinking in Toga...cant beat it.

The unteachable mechanic here is the arm strength it uses to throw the ball. I think it is a good thing if TE was able to throw the ball 50 yards down downfield. 60 would be super. The positive thing is here if he can get it 50 yards downfield it should give him that much more zip in the short game and that will build more confidence knowing he had the time to throw it that long. Good job O-line.

i know, i know.. there is another thread, but it doesn't mention that it was 50 yards in the air. I thought it was physically impossible for his noodle to launch anything that far.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/29/o...catch-up-speed/

Nope.

Trent's deep balls go 49-53 yds whenever look closely. I've never seen the 60 yarder that Cutler has uncorked on target though.

Trent throws 50 yders consistently.