Trent threw a 50 yard pass

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 yards is not far at all for an NFL QB. It is the minimum. If you're happy that Trent can throw the minimum distance that any NFL QB has ever been able to throw, you need to raise your standards.

Go to your own message board. I hope Brady is healthy and sucks this year. Karma is a B word, right Bellicheat-

50 yards is not far at all for an NFL QB. It is the minimum. If you're happy that Trent can throw the minimum distance that any NFL QB has ever been able to throw, you need to raise your standards.

You don't know what you're talking about.

GO BILLS!!!

This is not a contest to see who can throw the ball the fathest, if it where JP would have been a Hall of Famer. I remember Elway in his prime wining those skills challenges prior to the ProBowl, I believe he won with a 73 yarder. Thats with no defense stepping up and winding up at his comfort and putting everything on it with a couple attempts 73 yards was his best. Now in practice with a somewhat vanilla type defense trents able to put a 50 yarder on the money. Lets say for arguments sake Trent can step into a pass and wind up at his leisure with accuracy a non factor and throw 3 balls, Im saying he can break 60 and then some he would be 10-13 yards short of John Elway whos arm has never been questioned. 50 may be the minimum arm strength like you say but with touch is a differant story. Lets just say the way it is (we really dont know squat about Trents arm).

This is not a contest to see who can throw the ball the fathest, if it where JP would have been a Hall of Famer. I remember Elway in his prime wining those skills challenges prior to the ProBowl, I believe he won with a 73 yarder. Thats with no defense stepping up and winding up at his comfort and putting everything on it with a couple attempts 73 yards was his best. Now in practice with a somewhat vanilla type defense trents able to put a 50 yarder on the money. Lets say for arguments sake Trent can step into a pass and wind up at his leisure with accuracy a non factor and throw 3 balls, Im saying he can break 60 and then some he would be 10-13 yards short of John Elway whos arm has never been questioned. 50 may be the minimum arm strength like you say but with touch is a differant story. Lets just say the way it is (we really dont know squat about Trents arm).

huhh?? we know that Trents arm is adequate.We've all seen him play. His passes are slightly poofy but they get there.

Give me a break!, Most passes are not that long anyway, anything longer and there goes your accuracy, thats why theres a stat called YAC!!!

Guest dog14787
Sign Owens to a 3 extension no for 3 - 15 million and 3 million signing bonus.. Do it now and actually save money on this kind of deal...

TE almost looks back to his normal self and seems to be eating up the big, speedy target T.O. gives him.

So far T.O. has been a perfect role model for our younger players. :w00t:

The ability to throw a 50 yard pass in practice is one thing

The ability to throw a 50 yard pass in a game situation is another thing

The need to throw a 50 yard pass in a game situation, well...How many 50 yard passes did Jimbo throw?

i know, i know.. there is another thread, but it doesn't mention that it was 50 yards in the air. I thought it was physically impossible for his noodle to launch anything that far.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/29/o...catch-up-speed/

Its really sad that the whole "Trent Edwards has no arm" fallacies are still around although Bills reporters say there was virtually no difference in the balls being throw by Edwards and Losman at practice... Edwards has a plenty strong enough arm to make any throw that is needed. Can we please stop this stupidity of saying Edwards has a weak arm? Its simply a lie, plain and simple...

Lets just say the way it is (we really dont know squat about Trents arm).

You may not, but Paul Hamilton from WGR sees him virtually every day and is as sick of hearing people say Trent has a weak arm as I am because he says its simply completely false and that Edwards has a very strong arm...

I am sure he is full of crap too, although the guy probably sees him throw more than anyone other than the coaches...

There used to be a good clip of his throw to Evans against Miami in 2007...I can't find it, but that throw is at about 1:39 into this video...

Doesn't look like no noodle arm to me.

Yeah, go look at the throw to Josh Reed at the end of the Redskins game that Lindell won with a last second field goal after Gibbs got hit with a 15 yard personal foul...that was a 30+ yard laser...lets stop the nonsense about Edwards having a weak arm...he doesn't...if you continue posting he has a weak arm you are either a liar or are delusional.