Buffalo's hidden gems...LA group makes cultural trip

Beerball

This is good news for buffalo. Now if we can get some business in here to fill those buildings everyone is looking at the city would really have something going. Maybe if the state/local governments worked together, got a tax break package together and went out job hunting they might find something that could get a spark going in WNY

i am glad that these stories do not have reader comments. part of the problem i see with people in the area, specifically CNY, is that people don't know how to be grateful for what the area offers. I read the syracuse site daily, and there is not an article that does not have people commenting on the doom and gloom of the area in spite of apparent progress trying to be made....you should have seen the comments when GMA voted Dinosaur BBQ top BBQ in the nation. There are alot of bitter people in syracuse that almost seem to root for its demise.

Here you point out 3 articles that are showing these little gems that people overlook. That is a great thing. There isn't a plethora of comments afterwards bemoaning how the area sucks. I wish syracuse would do away with the comments...it really detracts from the theme of the articles.

Nice job Buffalo, get out and see these treasures. don't let the outsiders find them before you do!

• 2 weeks later...
La Brea Tarpits? Knott's Berry Farm?

This is why the terrorists hate us.

I lived in Orange county for seven years and what a cultural wasteland. In southern CA in general if a home or building is more than 20 years old it's torn down for something more "modern". And I grew up in a house that has been in our family for 70 years that was built in 1865 when LA was just a outpost. Here in northern CA it's completely different almost to a fault. They have such a hard time letting go of the past, but some of the homes and buildings here are amazing. I get neck cramps when I walk downtown from looking up at all the details on the buildings. If we could only get the weather from soCal moved up here I'd be in heaven.