Fran Tarkenton hopes Favre fails

Farve was above average during his entire career, excepting the year before last, when he was excellent. He played very well against us twice last year.

As far as the whole retiring thing; he's a little flaky. There are worse things.

I caught a discussion on NFL Networks about it this morning and I liked what they had to say about it. No player has the right to tell another player when he thinks it is time for him to quit. That is an individual decision and as long as he is in demand that decision belongs to that individual alone.

I caught a discussion on NFL Networks about it this morning and I liked what they had to say about it. No player has the right to tell another player when he thinks it is time for him to quit. That is an individual decision and as long as he is in demand that decision belongs to that individual alone.

But people aren't upset about the fact that he wants to play. They're upset that he's retired, then unretired, then retired, then unretired, then retired, then unretired, then retired, and now might unretire again. He's jerking people around, including his own family and the team that was loyal to him for 18 seasons, all the while basking in the glory of the mainstream sports media sucking his dick every day. That is the source of the resentment. Nobody wants him to retire because he's too old, they want him to retire because that's what he said he was going to do 4 separate times.

I don't feel right rooting for somebody to fail. But I can't help it with Favre. He has been a primadonna,jerking organizations and teammates around on multiple occasions. He's acted like a punk. And the media has given him a free pass on his behavior. Guys like Chad Johnson have been crucified by the media for doing much less,imo.

Chad Johnson doesn't get crucified like T.O.

Favre gets appreciation from the media based on his accomplishments. He's done a tremendous amount in his career, some amazing things, and deservingly so. Things that completely overshadow his INT count mind you.

Chad Johnson doesn't get crucified like T.O.

Favre gets appreciation from the media based on his accomplishments. He's done a tremendous amount in his career, some amazing things, and deservingly so. Things that completely overshadow his INT count mind you.

TO has the second most TD Receptions in history. Most people in the media prolly dont even know that

TO has the second most TD Receptions in history. Most people in the media prolly dont even know that

Most readers of the media don't realize that when a player usually says something, it's mostly an answer to a question from a media member. I recall the T.O. bashing in the media after his 100th TD catch in Philly and how the Eagles didn't do more to celebrate it. I believe he was asked if the Eagles should have done more if I remember correctly? If so, I applaud him.

Such is the case with Favre, yet a lot of people hate him. Now, honestly, is Favre calling up John Clayton, and Jay Glazer whining to them? Very doubtful. I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. They're calling and texting Farve and Favre's telling them how he feels, ESPN dramatizes it up and blows your eyes and ears with the headlines all over the sportsticker, SportsCenter, ESPN News, ESPN blogs, NFL Live, Outside The Lines, PTI, Around the Horn, so after 4 hours, it basically comes down to Favre just saying how he feels and entities like ESPN beating it to death.

But people aren't upset about the fact that he wants to play. They're upset that he's retired, then unretired, then retired, then unretired, then retired, then unretired, then retired, and now might unretire again. He's jerking people around, including his own family and the team that was loyal to him for 18 seasons, all the while basking in the glory of the mainstream sports media sucking his dick every day. That is the source of the resentment. Nobody wants him to retire because he's too old, they want him to retire because that's what he said he was going to do 4 separate times.

I think this is a load of crap. I think the reason is displayed most accurately in post #17, second paragraph.