So did anyone see Terminator:Salvation?

As far as the big summer movies have gone, so far Star Trek is my favorite this season. However I enjoyed Terminator: Salvation. Christian Bale, Sam Worthington & Anton Yelchin were very good. Great robot action, the T-600's were scary. I think this continuing series, like Star Trek, is in good hands.

I liked all of them, but if I had to rank them it would be:

1. Star Trek

2. Watchmen

3. Terminator

4. Wolverine

I felt satisfied that I got a full story with the first two, but with Terminator it ended with too many open questions (which isn't unusual), and Wolverine didn't make enough use of the supporting characters.

I'm going to go see T4 this weekend....the negative reviews really disappointed me, so I'm glad to see you guys thought it was at least entertaining. It's hard for me to imagine NOT being entertained by a terminator film, so I'm looking forward to seeing it :thumbsup:

Terminator Salvation was mediocre in my opinion. The subject material should have led to a stronger movie. Worthington was great, but Bale was flat and the plot was too superficial. Being afraid of an R rating may have hurt this movie as well.

1. Star Trek

2. Watchmen

3. Terminator

4. Wolverine

I felt satisfied that I got a full story with the first two, but with Terminator it ended with too many open questions (which isn't unusual), and Wolverine didn't make enough use of the supporting characters.

I know your probably taking summer movies but Taken was the best movie of the new year so far imo, Transformers 2 will take the cake.

I'm going to go see T4 this weekend....the negative reviews really disappointed me, so I'm glad to see you guys thought it was at least entertaining. It's hard for me to imagine NOT being entertained by a terminator film, so I'm looking forward to seeing it :ph34r:

Try not to go by what critics say, and just see the movie because you want too. Yes it's great when all the critics love a big- budget summer popcorn movie(Star Trek, Dark Knight, Iron Man), but sometimes you just have to say, "Who cares what the critics think."

Try not to go by what critics say, and just see the movie because you want too. Yes it's great when all the critics love a big- budget summer popcorn movie(Star Trek, Dark Knight, Iron Man), but sometimes you just have to say, "Who cares what the critics think."

I hear ya. If I see a film that has mixed reviews, that's one thing. But when a film is universally panned, more often than not I have the same experience myself. That's why I like the rotten tomatoes site....it looks at the big picture, both critical feedback and fan feedback. I'll watch just about anything at home, but when it comes to going to the theaters, I like to know I'm spending my money seeing something of quality.

I know your probably taking summer movies but Taken was the best movie of the new year so far imo, Transformers 2 will take the cake.

I have yet to see Taken, heard nothing but good stuff.

Can't wait for Transformers 2, I only pray for more robot dialogue. Devastator looks awesome.

1. Star Trek

2. Watchmen

3. Terminator

4. Wolverine

I agree with your assessment of Terminator. Wolverine, true it didn't make use of the supporting cast but it was about Wolverine. Watchman, I came away with the feeling you had to know the backstory. Star Trek, I'm a purist but as a stand alone Sci-Fi flick it wasn't bad

I'd go

1 Star Trek (Picard > 2 * Kirk)

2 Wolverine

3 Terminator

4 Watchmen

Terminator Salvation was mediocre in my opinion. The subject material should have led to a stronger movie. Worthington was great, but Bale was flat and the plot was too superficial. Being afraid of an R rating may have hurt this movie as well.

Sounds just like Die hard 4; made for the under 25 crowd.

I have yet to see Taken, heard nothing but good stuff.

Can't wait for Transformers 2, I only pray for more robot dialogue. Devastator looks awesome.

Taken was good, but too predictable. It is not a thriller in the "Tell No One" sense, you knew how the movie was going to end.

but with Terminator it ended with too many open questions

Their plan is to follow-up this film with two more, making a second Terminator trilogy. I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm assuming that's why aspects were left open-ended.

I'm going to go see T4 this weekend....the negative reviews really disappointed me, so I'm glad to see you guys thought it was at least entertaining. It's hard for me to imagine NOT being entertained by a terminator film, so I'm looking forward to seeing it :worthy:

The movie blew, and I'm really glad I only paid matinee prices for it. Obviously there are some good scenes, but in general the movie belonged on a made for TV USA sci-fi movie. About 5 of us went to see it, and not one of us liked it. Movie get a D+ at best. Best part of the movie being a big Alice in Chains fan from the 90's and early 2000's was the plug for them with rooster.

The movie blew, and I'm really glad I only paid matinee prices for it. Obviously there are some good scenes, but in general the movie belonged on a made for TV USA sci-fi movie. About 5 of us went to see it, and not one of us liked it. Movie get a D+ at best. Best part of the movie being a big Alice in Chains fan from the 90's and early 2000's was the plug for them with rooster.

It was much better than that. Sure it wasn't GREAT, but it was very good and well worth the big screen viewing...

Without Arnie it does make a difference. I liked all three previous Terms ( yes even the last with Arnie ).

It needed to be rated R though :worthy:

It was much better than that. Sure it wasn't GREAT, but it was very good and well worth the big screen viewing...

Without Arnie it does make a difference. I liked all three previous Terms ( yes even the last with Arnie ).

It needed to be rated R though :lol:

AMongst all the chatter as we were walking out, most people were disappointed. There was no character development, and no plot development whatsoever. To each his own.

it wasnt that bad

I just saw it and liked it. I lack of a story talk annoys me a bit because there's as much story to this as there is the others: kill John Connor. I think they could've gone a bit further with the whole idea of not losing their humanity in the battle against skynet.