Peyton is pissed

I saw this on Total Access. Link.

"I'm not sure everybody's on the same page in this building. I'm just trying to focus on playing quarterback well.''

The following quote was aimed at Clyde Christensen and Pete Metzelaars...

"It's not normal not having a full coaching staff. I know we hired a couple of guys to come in, but these guys are learning. They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that,'' said Manning.

OUCH!

There is quite the difference.

Really? Like what?

Peyton is a spoiled prick. He is more of a prima donna than T.O. T.O. got to be the scapegoat on some good teams that underperformed. Romo, Witten and Garrett were more of a locker room cancer than Terrell. They ran around planning behind his back like a pack of 4th grade girls. What other bad things did T.O. do: He said he would rather play with Favre than Mcnabb. He is 100% correct. Mcnabb sucks. He made the gay comments about Garcia. Admit it, you think he is gay too. I don't care if he is, but I think he is. Anyway, didn't he make those comments after leaving SF ?

Anyway, the point is that people are hypocrites. We want outspoken athlete who don't just spew the company line. But when we find one, people crucify him and call him a cancer. T.O.'s rants are no worse than Manning trashing his new coaches.

Maybe its a race thing ?

Christensen and Big Red have been there for some time. Sure he wasn't talking about these guys instead?

http://indyfootballreport.com/index.php/archives/1960

That's possible and it fits with the "hired a couple of guys to come in", but Rich Eisen named Christensen and Metzelaars. In either case, Manning is not happy and knows exactly what he is doing when he makes comments like these to the media.

Polian's response:

Basically, Peyton is confused about the roles that Tom Moore and Howard Mudd will have in the future. My answer is, welcome to the club. We're confused, too. The people that are supposed to have answers still don't have answers. Whether we can bring them back, when we can bring them back, remains to be seen. We would love to have 'em back but we don't know in what capacity they will be allowed. It's still being researched.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/5/26/8883...ponds-to-peyton

Holy s#it! If DJ or Brandon had said that, there would be a rash of critical comments, here. I guess Polian can do no wrong, so it's OK.

I will hazard a guess here: I think the Colts are trying to keep Moore and Mudd as the "real coaches" disguised as consultants, and they are trying to figure out how to do it without screwing the guys out of their pensions, and without getting caught circumventing the rules. Perhaps they should call Belicheat for some advice.

Really? Like what?

Peyton is a spoiled prick. He is more of a prima donna than T.O. T.O. got to be toe scapegoat on some good teams that underperformed. Romo, Witten and Garrett were more of a locker room cancer than Terrell. They ran around planning behind his back like a pack of 4th grade girls. What other bad things did T.O. do: He said he would rather play with Favre than Mcnabb. He is 100% correct. Mcnabb sucks. He made the gay comments about Garcia. Admit it, you think he is gay too. I don't care if he is, but I think he is. Anyway, didn't he make those comments after leaving SF ?

Anyway, the point is that people are hypocrites. We want outspoken athlete who don't just spew the company line. But when we find one, people crucify him and call him a cancer. T.O.'s rants are no worse than Manning trashing his new coaches.

Maybe its a race thing ?

Like Peyton runs that sh-- in Indy, all TO has ever run is his mouth. Peyton may be spoiled and he may be a prick IDK but I do know that his team and his coaches respect him and they listen when he speaks. Peyton has also led his team to a SB win and TO has not. Peyton may or not be one of the top 5 ever at his position and TO will be lucky if people mention him in the top 20.

When people like Manning speak up others listen and when people like TO speak up they talk.

Like Peyton runs that sh-- in Indy, all TO has ever run is his mouth. Peyton may be spoiled and he may be a prick IDK but I do know that his team and his coaches respect him and they listen when he speaks. Peyton has also led his team to a SB win and TO has not. Peyton may or not be one of the top 5 ever at his position and TO will be lucky if people mention him in the top 20.

When people like Manning speak up others listen and when people like TO speak up they talk.

Thats a load of crap. If they listened to Manning, they would not have new coaches. They would have kept the old ones. The NFL is full of guys who run their mouths and I don't have a problem with it. When you cross the line and your play does not outweigh the headache you cause, you get cut. Thats like in the NFL. I just think it is hypocritical that T.O. is somehow held to a different standard.

Thats a load of crap. If they listened to Manning, they would not have new coaches. They would have kept the old ones. The NFL is full of guys who run their mouths and I don't have a problem with it. When you cross the line and your play does not outweigh the headache you cause, you get cut. Thats like in the NFL. I just think it is hypocritical that T.O. is somehow held to a different standard.

We get that you don't have a problem with players running their mouths(Unless it's Peyton Manning). Here's a news-flash for you neither do I. TO however takes it too far, there is a reason he keeps moving from team to team. Unless you believe it's some huge NFL conspiracy. Guy's who have something to say is fine but guys who never shut up are annoying and boring.

PS if you don't have a problem with players running their mouths then why did you post in a thread about a player running his mouth. It seems you have some sort of pro-TO agenda you need to get out of your system.

"Keeping the old ones" in their old jobs wasn't an option, if those guys didn't want to get screwed out of part of their pensions. Dean's got it right -- they're trying to figure out how to work the system to keep Moore and Mudd involved.

TO has been cut by his last two teams. This latest time around he was welcomed with a very mild amount of interest. Why do you think? Like you said, the NFL is full of guys that run their mouth. Very few have done it with less class than TO. I am a big fan of the move to get him and I do like him but I'm not going to pretend the past didn't happen. Despite what you think, calling another player gay to the media is a good way to make yourself enemy number 1 amongst your teammates. To his credit words and tantrums pale in comparison to the violent crimes of others IMO.

By the way Peyton Manning has zero chance of ever being cut. Let's say hypothetically he did get cut though. It would be an all out bidding war by the majority of the NFL to obtain him. See the difference? Your suggestion that it's race related is also garbage, IMO. The NFL has plenty of black players who run their mouth and aren't villified like TO.

Polian's response:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/5/26/8883...ponds-to-peyton

Holy s#it! If DJ or Brandon had said that, there would be a rash of critical comments, here. I guess Polian can do no wrong, so it's OK.

I will hazard a guess here: I think the Colts are trying to keep Moore and Mudd as the "real coaches" disguised as consultants, and they are trying to figure out how to do it without screwing the guys out of their pensions, and without getting caught circumventing the rules. Perhaps they should call Belicheat for some advice.

Bingo. I suspected as much the first time I heard they're retiring to keep their pensions, but being hired as special consultants. It happens in government all the time.

He said he would rather play with Favre than Mcnabb. He is 100% correct. Mcnabb sucks. He made the gay comments about Garcia. Admit it, you think he is gay too. I don't care if he is, but I think he is. Anyway, didn't he make those comments after leaving SF ?

Maybe its a race thing ?

Yeah...McNabb blows, I mean, if we had a QB that took us to 4 NFC championships and a Super Bowl and was given ONE weapon as a receiver for ONE year, I'd be the first to run him out of town!

As for Garcia, he's a mega-homo. I mean, the dude married a Playboy centerfold! How gay is that!?!?

Congrats on being a moron.

Yeah...McNabb blows, I mean, if we had a QB that took us to 4 NFC championships and a Super Bowl and was given ONE weapon as a receiver for ONE year, I'd be the first to run him out of town!

As for Garcia, he's a mega-homo. I mean, the dude married a Playboy centerfold! How gay is that!?!?

Congrats on being a moron.

:w00t:

Really? Like what?

Peyton is a spoiled prick. He is more of a prima donna than T.O. T.O. got to be the scapegoat on some good teams that underperformed. Romo, Witten and Garrett were more of a locker room cancer than Terrell. They ran around planning behind his back like a pack of 4th grade girls. What other bad things did T.O. do: He said he would rather play with Favre than Mcnabb. He is 100% correct. Mcnabb sucks. He made the gay comments about Garcia. Admit it, you think he is gay too. I don't care if he is, but I think he is. Anyway, didn't he make those comments after leaving SF ?

Maybe its a race thing ?

You should go on Leno with this. Hilarious. Nice post.