Prop 8 Upheld

I always get a kick out of you...who embraces someone who lived hundreds of years ago....when you mock someone for holding a traditional view of things.

What do you expect... We live in a society of pouty little children. A society filled with Willy Loman's

"Attention must be paid! Attention must be paid!"

"Look at me! Look at ME!"

:lol:

No not at all. Gee, I am glad people like John Adams really "know" people/posters. What is it with people?

You're one of the kooks who refuses to use the word "marry," while granting them all the EXACT same rights. Have fun with those linguistic gymnastics.

A win for the rule of law. The proposition was not unconstitutional and the public voted for it. Unlike on some other propositions, the CA Supreme Court got it right.

I have to agree with you on this one. If the people who supported gay marriage thought the vote was unconstitutional, they should have brought suit to get Prop 8 off the ballot before the election. Instead, they waited until after the election & tried to get another bite at the apple. If one feels something is truly unconstitutional, one brings legal action at that time, not after a vote on it is held and they lose. It's like electing a Governor & then voting him out of office. Oops, they allow that in California, so I guess they thought anything goes. Here in NY, we wish we could recall our unelected Governor-he'd be long gone by now.

I have a funny feeling us "traditionalists" are a lot more comfortable in our stance on this issue and the homosexuals close to us, friends and/or family are as well. For me...they KNOW my stance. But they dont care...because I love them and accept them for who THEY are and what THEY want to do and we all know MY opinion means bupkus when they walk out my door after dinner. In fact, we all have a good laugh about it quite often. They call me a right wing loon...I call them fags. And then we laugh and enjoy good wine.

I'm sure all your homosexual friends think you're quite the awesome fellow.

I'm sure all your homosexual friends think you're quite the awesome fellow.

Tolerance, as practiced in REAL LIFE, is whole helluva lot different (and better) than how its practiced by blowhard professors in acedemia (and their students), on message boards, and on bumper stickers.

Try it sometime.

Tolerance, as practiced in REAL LIFE, is whole helluva lot different (and better) than how its practiced by blowhard professors in acedemia (and their students), on message boards, and on bumper stickers.

Try it sometime.

I am not sure we have a single professor on this board, thankfully.

Your tolerance has been on display here for a long time.

A win for the rule of law. The proposition was not unconstitutional and the public voted for it. Unlike on some other propositions, the CA Supreme Court got it right.

Ted Olson, the staunch conservative Republican lawyer who was Bush's lawyer in Bush v. Gore, is now working to overturn Prop 8 in Calif. because he believes it violates the 14th amendment Due Process and Equal Protection clauses.

"The constitution protects individuals' basic rights that cannot be taken away by a vote. If the people of California had voted to ban interracial marriage, it would have been the responsibility of the courts to say that they cannot do that under the constitution. We believe that denying individuals in this category the right to lasting, loving relationships through marriage is a denial to them, on an impermissible basis, of the rights that the rest of us enjoy…I also personally believe that it is wrong for us to continue to deny rights to individuals on the basis of their sexual orientation."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...--46137917.html

This posts makes me very excited for next Tuesday, when the next episode of Life After People is on the history channel. The world will be much better when the human race is gone....very uncivilized. And evolution has made it even more uncivilized over time.

You're one of the kooks who refuses to use the word "marry," while granting them all the EXACT same rights. Have fun with those linguistic gymnastics.

Hey... Some people like linguistic gymnastics. Afterall, it is just a word... What's the big deal the other way around? Who cares if it (the word) is denied, it is just a word created by an imaginary friend. If is just a silly word, why do the gays care? Why normalize the abnormal? Now there is nothing wrong with being abnormal, just look at this kook (me). For being a kook, I sure seem to be hurting a lot of feelings. Get over it. You know the best way to deal with kooks? Ignore them. Oh, wait... This kook seems to be in the majority. I guess we (the majority that care and have faith in their imaginary friend) are all kooks.

:w00t::devil:

I am sure a lot of hetero people think I am dick also. Boo hoo.

I am nice to people, but I will speak my mind... I don't care who they are.

I'm sure once they hear what your "mind" has to say they won't care who you are either. So that's pretty fair.