Interesting Tim Graham article on

If we thought Terrell Owens pulls in a lot of media, just picture what Lebron would do for an NFL team. I was surprised to see that his 44 inch vertical leap would only make the top 10 at the combine which shows the elite athleticism of NFL players. I would say that the nearest player to Lebron in the NFL is Vincent Jackson.

If we thought Terrell Owens pulls in a lot of media, just picture what Lebron would do for an NFL team. I was surprised to see that his 44 inch vertical leap would only make the top 10 at the combine which shows the elite athleticism of NFL players. I would say that the nearest player to Lebron in the NFL is Vincent Jackson.

u just never know if it would translate to football..

I saw his high school highlights, and I was not impressed. He looked ungaingly and not in control of himself. He did not have incredible speed and looked like he could have been brought down by a stiff breeze.

However, there is no denying his height advantage, and he has clearly filled out very well since then. I dont think there is any doubt that James would be a good player in a variety of sports given his athleticism and size.

That's the Top Ten of all time, of the thousands of guys who have participated in the combine. And that's 44" in addition to his 6'8" frame and whatever ridiculous reach he already has (which chances are, those guys didn't come anywhere close to.) Was trying to find a list of the top ten leaders, but couldn't pull anything up. If anybody has a site with those records, please post.

"I think LeBron could come in and do better than Antonio Gates," New England Patriots* receiver Randy Moss said. "LeBron James is the athlete that comes around every so often."

I'm assuming he meant that didn't come around ever so often

"which would rank among the top 10 recorded at the NFL scouting combine"

that means his 44 inch verticle would rank in the top 10 ever in the history of the combine.

"which would rank among the top 10 recorded at the NFL scouting combine"

that means his 44 inch verticle would rank in the top 10 ever in the history of the combine.

considering there are about 300-odd players at the combine each year, starting in the early 80s i believe.. that's a lot of players!! definitely a rare talent!

Thanks, Beast. I was surprised at many of the responses I received.

You weren't the only one. Good grief, folks, if you don't want to read another story about James then DON'T CLICK THE FREAKIN' LINK. There, that was an easy solution. And it's funny that after all those negative comments, the story is still No. 3 on ESPN.com's "most sent" list.

Good read.

Well Football and Basketball are sports that require more raw talent than most other sports. In football you need to have size, speed, strength, and other naturally given abilities same thing goes for basketball. While in Hockey and Baseball you need a very specific skillset that takes a lifetime to develop at a major league level so a hockey player may not have the size or strength of an NBA player but he has hand eye coordination that is drastically better and other skills like skating that the NBA player isn't even close to having.

So a guy who is great at basketball like a Lebron James can use his raw ability to play Football. But he wouldn't be able to play baseball or hockey because it would take him years at a minor league level to develop the skills needed to even be a respectable player and he still might not even be a major league player let alone an all star.

It makes you in awe of what Bo Jackson did because he had enough raw talent to play football but he had the skill to play baseball. Bo was the best athlete of all time in my opinion he had raw talent and great skill its just too bad he had injury issues that ended his career early. Even Jordan the greatest basketball player ever wasn't much of a baseball player.