This week's Sports Illustrated cover: Tom Brady

Lori

Figured since most everyone else has been complaining about "the media" lately, I'd throw my whine into the mix:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sports_illustrated/3567265822/

Indy 500, NBA and NHL playoffs ... so, naturally, they're running a cover shot of a guy who hasn't played a game since September 2008. Yes, I know his return to practice is newsworthy. But this newsworthy?

Practice, man. We're talking about practice.

Funny how winning championships seems to be endlessly rewarded. I can't stand him but that lucky little $%@#$% wins.

Funny how winning championships seems to be endlessly rewarded. I can't stand him but that lucky little $%@#$% wins.

What's even funnier is how cheating is horrible for some, but excusable for others. :blink:

Actually, I was just commenting on the contention that other sports, such as hockey and Indy racing are unlikely to sell magazines off the rack. That's what decides who goes on the cover--whcih subject will sell at the newstand. That's where a magazine makes its margin.

If the Indy 500 had 400,000 attendees (they never release actual attendance numbers), then they had every actual Indy fan in the world at the track that day. When your sport has to rely on sideshows like bikini model drivers or "Dancing with the Stars" to get any publicity, your sport is a joke.

Football is this country's most popular sport--year round. Controversey sells magazines as well. Even you guys should have picked up on that.

Actually, I was just commenting on the contention that other sports, such as hockey and Indy racing are unlikely to sell magazines off the rack. That's what decides who goes on the cover--whcih subject will sell at the newstand. That's where a magazine makes its margin.

If the Indy 500 had 400,000 attendees (they never release actual attendance numbers), then they had every actual Indy fan in the world at the track that day. When your sport has to rely on sideshows like bikini model drivers or "Dancing with the Stars" to get any publicity, your sport is a joke.

Football is this country's most popular sport--year round. Controversey sells magazines as well. Even you guys should have picked up on that.

What we've picked up on is that you're a Patriots fan who claims to be a Bills fan. Say anything negative about Brady or the Pats and it's Mr. WEO to the defense. :w00t:

Its only a matter of time until Bradys fall from Heaven. The guy is the most overrated player in football. He gets praised for his mobility, but all he does is stand there. With his injury and declining O line play I think we will finally see how bad Brady really is.

What we've picked up on is that you're a Patriots fan who claims to be a Bills fan. Say anything negative about Brady or the Pats and it's Mr. WEO to the defense. :lol:

Actually, no. But I guess it would make your points more cogent if I was.

What do I care if "negative" things are said about Brady? I just like to point out the nonsense, that's all. I know you can't handle anyone who doesn't join the mindlessness, but what would it be like here if everybody said he's gay and he cheats and he sucks anyway? You need to do that to feel good about the Bills. I don't.

See? We are different, you and.

Anyway, why don't you stick with a topic you are more comfortable with, like forensics, maybe.

Figured since most everyone else has been complaining about "the media" lately, I'd throw my whine into the mix:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sports_illustrated/3567265822/

Indy 500, NBA and NHL playoffs ... so, naturally, they're running a cover shot of a guy who hasn't played a game since September 2008. Yes, I know his return to practice is newsworthy. But this newsworthy?

Practice, man. We're talking about practice.

And do we actually expect anything less from Giselle King......I mean...... Peter King? :lol:

And do we actually expect anything less from Giselle King......I mean...... Peter King? :thumbsup:

i've lost a lot of respect for Peter King in the last couple of years with his fawning over Favre and now Brady..

however, there was something there that caught my eye

Brady said he learned much about himself during his forced layoff. "When I was playing every week, I bitched about the little things," he said. "Like, God, we've got to go outside today? It's raining! Or, why is Bill dunking the ball in soap? Or, why do we have a meeting at 7:30 to talk about everything we've already talked about. Geez!

now here's some coaching lessons that our staff could do well to learn.. maybe they do use them, maybe they don't.. i don't rank our coaching that highly that i trust them to throw in wrinkles during training.. unless it's Bobby April who has shown time and again that he can be creative and inventive - link

(funnily enough, April actually credits DJ with a lot of praise that's given to the ST unit!!)