Obama to nominate far-left Sonia Sotomayor to SC

Dude, you quoted from Wikipedia. No matter what entity edited that, it doesn't make it true.

And I wouldn't exactly tout GHWB as being any kind of hallmark in determining a judge's position on the spectrum. He, who nominated Souter.

The old axioms are axioms for a reason.

1) Don't believe much of what you read

2) Don't make simple assumptions

No, he quoted these:

Carter, Terry; Stephanie Francis Ward (November 2008). "The Lawyers Who May Run America". ABA Journal. http://abajournal.com/magazine/the_lawyers...n_america_obama. Retrieved on 2009-01-17.

Adams, Edward A. (2009-04-30). "Who Will Replace Justice Souter?". ABA Journal. http://abajournal.com/news/who_will_replace_justice_souter. Retrieved on 2009-05-01.

You know, the citations following the wiki quote.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are racist. Racist against anything Obama. Your assumption that anything and everything he does is automatically wrong disqualifies you as not being racist. And this racism is not skin color racism its red/blue racism.

If Obama is not always wrong, then come on lets see it.. list some things you like about him.

(and to you ignorant tools are are going to toss "pot calling the kettle black".. do a search, there is a lot I don't like about Obama .. even though overall I love him)

Things Conner likes about GWB:

1) He's not president any more;

2) Every time someone criticizes Obama, he can loosely tie the criticism back to Bush (otherwise known as "six degrees of George W. Bush" or the MSNBC rule of journalism);

3) Being a drunk at Yale takes more effort than being a cokehead in Hawaii;

4) If it weren't for Bush, his pal Keith Olberman would have no material;

5) He gets to tell all his friends about the time he heckled Bush shortly after 9/11 while Bush was standing atop of pile of rubble at Ground Zero holding a bullhorn, and Conner yelled at him, "We can't hear you."

You may not wish to pursue this. There is apparently more then simple politics involved.

:thumbsup: - leave my man crush alone.

Anyways... still have never seen any of you post something you like about Obama. Thus your anti-Obama racism (the blue part of him, not the black).

Don't hold your breath. I have never made a positive remark about Jimmy Carter,and that is going on 33 years. Worse,I smell 1976-1981 all over again.

Things Conner likes about GWB:

1) He's not president any more;

2) Every time someone criticizes Obama, he can loosely tie the criticism back to Bush (otherwise known as "six degrees of George W. Bush" or the MSNBC rule of journalism);

3) Being a drunk at Yale takes more effort than being a cokehead in Hawaii;

4) If it weren't for Bush, his pal Keith Olberman would have no material;

5) He gets to tell all his friends about the time he heckled Bush shortly after 9/11 while Bush was standing atop of pile of rubble at Ground Zero holding a bullhorn, and Conner yelled at him, "We can't hear you."

Hahahahahahahahaha-Exactly!

:blink: - Hey, leave my man crush alone.

Anyways... still have never seen any of you post something you like about Obama. Thus your anti-Obama racism (the blue part of him, not the black).

It is funny. I think it's simply they hate the fact that a democrat won the election. It wouldn't matter if it was Obama or not. We would still hear mindless dribble like "he's only been in office for two weeks he hasn't done enough yet", "he has only been in office for 100 days the whole financial collapse is all his fault". All gems.

Oh and NEVER EVER criticize the past administration. :thumbsup:

It is funny. I think it's simply they hate the fact that a democrat won the election. It wouldn't matter if it was Obama or not. We would still hear mindless dribble like "he's only been in office for two weeks he hasn't done enough yet", "he has only been in office for 100 days the whole financial collapse is all his fault". All gems.

You know, under normal circumstances, I would say you're correct. Naturally the conservatives aren't going to warm up to a liberal president. Big surprise there.

But at this juncture, given his systematic takeover of the banks, automakers, and ultimately health care...coupled with the roughshod "my way or I'm ass-raping you blind with this baseball bat"...tripled with spending so out of control that even OBAMA says the debt is unsustainable...quadrupled with his Kevin Bacon in Stripes Hot Pocket REMAIN CALM quip of the day (he STILL tells people, as recently as this week in Vegas, that his stimulus plan has saved 150,000 jobs despite the fact that another 600,000 + are gone), I'd have to say that at this point I would gladly welcome and love the Barack Obama I feared during the election if it meant replacing the absolute reckless ass puppet he is proving himself to be. A guy whose naivete is SO ridiculous that he actually thinks throwing $4B at a company CLEARLY destined for bankruptcy is a good idea. (On the other hand, maybe he's smart to launder another $4B into a company that is going to be 90% owned and run by him and his union pals, which likely makes you very, very happy.)

This is probably where K-dog pops in and wonders why I keep hijacking threads with this stuff, but unfortunately guys like yourself simply think all Obama needs is more time and everything will be okay.

This is probably where K-dog pops in and wonders why I keep hijacking threads with this stuff, but unfortunately guys like yourself simply think all Obama needs is more time and everything will be okay.

Do me a favor and answer me a question seriously.

If Obama were elected in 2004 (or any other year) instead of 2008, do you think one of the priorities of his administration would be to run GM or Chrysler, give billions to the banks, or limit executive compensation?

It wouldn't have even crossed his mind. Or any Democrat's. I guaran--fukking-tee you, and would bet you all the money I could get my hands on that he hates that stuff, wishes he didn't have one cent of taxpayer money in GM and the banks and insurance companies and mortgage companies.

Granted, he may not need to be doing all this, although that is entirely arguable. But there is ZERO chance he would have been doing most of the stuff you are complaining the hardest about. You sound the most deranged when you imply that this was part of the plan from the start or that he wants to own GM. It's much more naive than the naivete you're complaining he has.

He would have spent a lot of taxpayer dollars on universal Health Care and green energy and infrastructure and other things you could have rightfully complained about. And those would have been legitimate arguments, as are whether or not the bailouts are needed. Maybe they weren't, maybe all of them weren't. But you often say he wants to do this, and he likes it and he wants to own and run all the companies and that's just foolish.

You know, under normal circumstances, I would say you're correct. Naturally the conservatives aren't going to warm up to a liberal president. Big surprise there.

But at this juncture, given his systematic takeover of the banks, automakers, and ultimately health care...coupled with the roughshod "my way or I'm ass-raping you blind with this baseball bat"...tripled with spending so out of control that even OBAMA says the debt is unsustainable...quadrupled with his Kevin Bacon in Stripes Hot Pocket REMAIN CALM quip of the day (he STILL tells people, as recently as this week in Vegas, that his stimulus plan has saved 150,000 jobs despite the fact that another 600,000 + are gone), I'd have to say that at this point I would gladly welcome and love the Barack Obama I feared during the election if it meant replacing the absolute reckless ass puppet he is proving himself to be. A guy whose naivete is SO ridiculous that he actually thinks throwing $4B at a company CLEARLY destined for bankruptcy is a good idea. (On the other hand, maybe he's smart to launder another $4B into a company that is going to be 90% owned and run by him and his union pals, which likely makes you very, very happy.)

When opportunity knocked, obama opened the door.

You are racist. Racist against anything Obama. Your assumption that anything and everything he does is automatically wrong disqualifies you as not being racist. And this racism is not skin color racism its red/blue racism.

What the !@#$ is THIS nonsense?

Holy sh--.

Do me a favor and answer me a question seriously.

If Obama were elected in 2004 (or any other year) instead of 2008, do you think one of the priorities of his administration would be to run GM or Chrysler, give billions to the banks, or limit executive compensation?

It wouldn't have even crossed his mind. Or any Democrat's. I guaran--fukking-tee you, and would bet you all the money I could get my hands on that he hates that stuff, wishes he didn't have one cent of taxpayer money in GM and the banks and insurance companies and mortgage companies.

Granted, he may not need to be doing all this, although that is entirely arguable. But there is ZERO chance he would have been doing most of the stuff you are complaining the hardest about. You sound the most deranged when you imply that this was part of the plan from the start or that he wants to own GM. It's much more naive than the naivete you're complaining he has.

He would have spent a lot of taxpayer dollars on universal Health Care and green energy and infrastructure and other things you could have rightfully complained about. And those would have been legitimate arguments, as are whether or not the bailouts are needed. Maybe they weren't, maybe all of them weren't. But you often say he wants to do this, and he likes it and he wants to own and run all the companies and that's just foolish.

Everything is arguable, and who knows WHO Obama would have tried to take over in 2004 or 2005 or whatever. But you can bet your ass he'd have been recklessly throwing our money at SOMETHING for him to control.

Unfortunately for you, it's not 2004. What is happening right now is all I care about because unlike our president, I'm not big on pointing behind myself saying "That's not my fault" just before saying "We must not look backward, but look forward." And when you hear me complaining about "things," I'm not complaining just about health care, infrastructure, and green energy as much as I'm complaining about the absolutely, positively RECKLESS money he is throwing at anything that moves, with NO accountability. You all tire of me repeating it, but not a one of you...NOT ONE...can explain to me where the !@#$ing money is going and why all the things the country was promised RIGHT NOW are not happening.

No one can explain precisely how we plan to spend the $634B down payment on health care. No one. In fact, no one even knows how he came up with that number.

No one can explain why it makes sense to throw another $4B at a company that the entire world knows is going bankrupt.

No one can show us where all the jobs are that the stimulus was supposed to create. Remember the promises? If we didn't pass the stimulus, we'd lose half a million jobs a month. We spent the money and the unemployment rate is actually getting worse than was predicted WITHOUT the stimulus. And that doesn't even take into consideration the BS he spews that no one calls him on, like the hiring Caterpiller never did or the 25 Ohio cops whose jobs were supposed to be saved by the stimulus bill, and who now are about to lose their jobs. Or maybe show us what 150,000 jobs were specifically saved by the stimulus bill because last I looked, people are losing their jobs like crazy right now.

And no one can even explain how, in the face of all of this, even OBAMA said (in NM) our debt will be unsustainable. WTF? Are we really all that !@#$king stupid? Apparently so.

Gee, K-dog, why think about what Obama would have done in 2004 when he's driving this bus straight into the 1970s.

Everything is arguable, and who knows WHO Obama would have tried to take over in 2004 or 2005 or whatever. But you can bet your ass he'd have been recklessly throwing our money at SOMETHING for him to control.

Unfortunately for you, it's not 2004. What is happening right now is all I care about because unlike our president, I'm not big on pointing behind myself saying "That's not my fault" just before saying "We must not look backward, but look forward." And when you hear me complaining about "things," I'm not complaining just about health care, infrastructure, and green energy as much as I'm complaining about the absolutely, positively RECKLESS money he is throwing at anything that moves, with NO accountability. You all tire of me repeating it, but not a one of you...NOT ONE...can explain to me where the !@#$ing money is going and why all the things the country was promised RIGHT NOW are not happening.

No one can explain precisely how we plan to spend the $634B down payment on health care. No one. In fact, no one even knows how he came up with that number.

No one can explain why it makes sense to throw another $4B at a company that the entire world knows is going bankrupt.

No one can show us where all the jobs are that the stimulus was supposed to create. Remember the promises? If we didn't pass the stimulus, we'd lose half a million jobs a month. We spent the money and the unemployment rate is actually getting worse than was predicted WITHOUT the stimulus. And that doesn't even take into consideration the BS he spews that no one calls him on, like the hiring Caterpiller never did or the 25 Ohio cops whose jobs were supposed to be saved by the stimulus bill, and who now are about to lose their jobs. Or maybe show us what 150,000 jobs were specifically saved by the stimulus bill because last I looked, people are losing their jobs like crazy right now.

And no one can even explain how, in the face of all of this, even OBAMA said (in NM) our debt will be unsustainable. WTF? Are we really all that !@#$king stupid? Apparently so.

Gee, K-dog, why think about what Obama would have done in 2004 when he's driving this bus straight into the 1970s.

He's right!

If you want anyone (or any group of thousands of people working on it) to fix a mess that took 3-4 decades to get here in 3-4 months, i guess you'd be extremely frustrated and disappointed and foaming at the mouth. I'm patiently enjoying life with an overly-spiked Pina Colada and expect some things to work out (and others not to) in a reasonable timeframe. :blink:

I also expect us to be in deep debt for quite some time. I expect some of the calculations and decisions he made to be looked at ten years from now and to be proven wrong. I expect some of the bailouts (if not most) to eventually be paid back from the banks and insurance companies and mortgage companies because they don't want the government telling them what to do and because they were loans not handouts. I expect (although I am not VERY confident) that 2-5-10 years from now you and I will have made money from some of them, maybe even Chrysler and GM, after the government sells off its 72.5% stake.

And I fully expect that Obama will be President for eight years, Hilary will be made VP for the second term and win the 2016 election, and you to succeed swimmingly in your small business despite constantly looking over your shoulder paranoid thinking that Obama wants to own it or tax it to death. But I also expect you to unfortunately to either spontaneously combust or (less likely but prudent) to realize the ill of your ways and join the winners. :P

If you want anyone (or any group of thousands of people working on it) to fix a mess that took 3-4 decades to get here in 3-4 months, i guess you'd be extremely frustrated and disappointed and foaming at the mouth. I'm patiently enjoying life with an overly-spiked Pina Colada and expect some things to work out (and others not to) in a reasonable timeframe. :blink:

I also expect us to be in deep debt for quite some time. I expect some of the calculations and decisions he made to be looked at ten years from now and to be proven wrong. I expect some of the bailouts (if not most) to eventually be paid back from the banks and insurance companies and mortgage companies because they don't want the government telling them what to do and because they were loans not handouts. I expect (although I am not VERY confident) that 2-5-10 years from now you and I will have made money from some of them, maybe even Chrysler and GM, after the government sells off its 72.5% stake.

And I fully expect that Obama will be President for eight years, Hilary will be made VP for the second term and win the 2016 election, and you to succeed swimmingly in your small business despite constantly looking over your shoulder paranoid thinking that Obama wants to own it or tax it to death. But I also expect you to unfortunately to either spontaneously combust or (less likely but prudent) to realize the ill of your ways and join the winners. :P

I admire your blind faith. Wish I had me some. As always happens when we discuss this, the final agreement between us is that time will likely prove one of us right. I honestly hope it's you. I prefer to be wrong on this.