Over/Under - Bills 2009 wins

The OL is key. After 15 years, the Bills finally drafted some OL. However, they are again just treading water as they cut loose more lineman than they added, including a pro bowl LT. Walker is too fat and slow to be effective at LT and will be surprised if he is even on the team next year. His bloated contract will be another casualty.

I fully agree wrt Walker. And you are correct. They obviously took a huge step back at LT.

The thing is, using a first and an early second on any blockers is something that the Bills simply don't do. If I cannot praise them for doing so, my critiques of disasters such as the 06 draft lose their validity. Also, let me stress once again that early round Guards have a very good success rate, and Guards are getting more difficult to find.

Make no mistake.....I don't trust the Bills as long as Dumbo Jauron is in there. If left to his own devices, we will draft at a similar (or higher) spot in 2010 and he will grab a first round defensive back. The thing is, somebody looks to have put a leash on his unbridled stupidity. I was sure he was going to draft jenkins. Are you gonna tell me you didn't expect this? Yes, he is that much of an idiot!

With a nucleus that despite the holes, is getting stronger, the Bills would appear to be an LT and a DT away from contention. There are more LTs coming out these days. The young athletes know about the 10 million dollar salaries, even if the Bills don't. DTs are out there too, but you can't follow the Levy/Jauron plan and draft late round picks, or trade up for an injured bust.

They may or may not finish .500 this season, but they took steps to make the team stronger, and added a pass rusher. These are good things. Then, they let Jauron out of his cage and he drafted 900 defensive backs, but that is the price to be paid for having a bad, clueless head coach.

I fully agree wrt Walker. And you are correct. They obviously took a huge step back at LT.

The thing is, using a first and an early second on any blockers is something that the Bills simply don't do. If I cannot praise them for doing so, my critiques of disasters such as the 06 draft lose their validity. Also, let me stress once again that early round Guards have a very good success rate, and Guards are getting more difficult to find.

Make no mistake.....I don't trust the Bills as long as Dumbo Jauron is in there. If left to his own devices, we will draft at a similar (or higher) spot in 2010 and he will grab a first round defensive back. The thing is, somebody looks to have put a leash on his unbridled stupidity. I was sure he was going to draft jenkins. Are you gonna tell me you didn't expect this? Yes, he is that much of an idiot!

With a nucleus that despite the holes, is getting stronger, the Bills would appear to be an LT and a DT away from contention. There are more LTs coming out these days. The young athletes know about the 10 million dollar salaries, even if the Bills don't. DTs are out there too, but you can't follow the Levy/Jauron plan and draft late round picks, or trade up for an injured bust.

They may or may not finish .500 this season, but they took steps to make the team stronger, and added a pass rusher. These are good things. Then, they let Jauron out of his cage and he drafted 900 defensive backs, but that is the price to be paid for having a bad, clueless head coach.

I'm glad they drafted OL early and they have a good chance of being very good.

However, this team would be much closer to a playoff team right now (in spite of Dick) if they kept Peters and ockery and added the rookies.

what they needed to add was an OL coach who has a clue how to best use his players. He totally bombed with a veteran group last year.

Relying on Kugler to develop the rookies and mold 5 new guys into an effective working unit may be the biggest gamble of the season.