Over/Under - Bills 2009 wins

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...1/905260327/tbd

With Favre gone from the Jets, I just don't see them as even a .500 team this year. If Mark Sanchez repeats Matt Ryan's success in Atlanta, then good for them, but I'm just not seeing it. Especially with the reports of both Thomas Jones and Leon Washington unhappy, I think the Jets are in for a long season. The Dolphins snuck up on everyone last year, but I think teams will be ready for them this year. I'd be betting the over for Bills wins this year. This Bob Matthews seems like a total pessimist.

You'd be sorry.

Probably so, but mainly due to Jauron. If the new interior O Linemen are good players, the Bills will be able to run the football. Imagine that! Schobel is back, and Maybin is highly touted. There could be some pass rush. Trent has more experience and some weapons.

I think that a good coach would have a shot at 8 wins.

Probably so, but mainly due to Jauron. If the new interior O Linemen are good players, the Bills will be able to run the football. Imagine that! Schobel is back, and Maybin is highly touted. There could be some pass rush. Trent has more experience and some weapons.

Brutal (IMO) schedule and brutal game day coaching do not equal success.

I have medium/high hopes for both lines.

Brutal (IMO) schedule and brutal game day coaching do not equal success.

I have medium/high hopes for both lines.

I was gonna start a seperate thread about Guards. The bottom line is that imvho, we are going to see a shortage of them. And, the Bills just might have 2 gems. Levitre played LT. He should have all the necessary skills to be a very solid LG. Wood is a freaking beast, and if we get lucky he is going to crush people. Of course, much of this will also depend on Hangartner.

IF these guys can play, even Jauron will have a hard time screwing things up, in that they will be relying on brute strength for a change. His lack of sideline ability and dumb defensive philosophy will hurt us no doubt.

I have my doubts that Jauron could have coached the Steel Curtain to a title, but 8 wins is possible.

look at that offensive line. NOT ONE PERSON is a lock as an adequate performer at the position at which he is playing. We sink or swim based on the performance of that group and I just don't see it happening. I'm hoping to be surprised but I have to go with the under. This is the most pessimistic about this team that I have been in years.

look at that offensive line. NOT ONE PERSON is a lock as an adequate performer at the position at which he is playing. We sink or swim based on the performance of that group and I just don't see it happening. I'm hoping to be surprised but I have to go with the under. This is the most pessimistic about this team that I have been in years.

You're right about the O-Line but last year we had players returning at their same position and that did not work out too well. This is something we are just going to have to wait and see.

I hear ya about this line. There are lots of unknowns for sure. Last year we thought the Oline was going to be one of the strengths( except the center position). But it did not turn out that way. Now for one reason or the other, the Bills have an entirely new Oline. They drafted guys that should be fixtures for years. Had some good talent they moved to another position. I know it is a lot of what ifs, but i would rather that then bring back the same group as last year.

It is going to take some time for them to all get together, but by mid season(barring injuries) i really think this Oline could start to become something special. And then going into next year may start to have the foundation in place for a winning franchise.

The Dline is one Dt away and Maybin producing from being very strong. Maybe McCargo is healthy this year, and with the new Dline coach gets some confidence. Oh yeah and it being a contract year does not hurt. He has to know that if he doesn't show up this year, he will probably be out of the league.

I like 8 wins with an outside shot at 10. 10 if key guys stay healthy. And the 'what ifs' produce. Stay Positive my friends. We are all undeafted for now.

With Favre gone from the Jets, I just don't see them as even a .500 team this year.

I continue to be amazed that so few people seem to have actually watched any Jets games last year.

7 1/2? Crap, I was just in Palm Springs. Might have been worth the drive up to Vegas to bet that under.

p.s. thread starter should make this a poll.

A lot depends if Schonert decides to actually line up in a regular formation and run the ball on 2nd/3rd and short and not go in to his favorite shotgun/empty backfield set.

And if Schonert can be less predictable in his play calling, in general. I'm not sure it matters at all who's on your line. If you motion Reed to the side of the line where the RB is going, and the entire defense sees this and slides over, we're going no where fast.

I guarantee you, Trent could throw touchdowns at will if they'd line Reed up in the slot, motion him with him stopping beside the LT. The entire defense shifts, DBs move up. Play action to Lynch/Jackson to the left. Trent throws to a wide open Evans/Owens on the right side. Evans/Owens crawls into the endzone because the entire defense would be at the line.

Man I hope to never see Reed go in motion again.

pass rush won't be a factor when they can't stop the run to get to a 3rd and long.

Bills did nothing to improve the front 7s ability to stop the run.

Adding a 225 lb DE and a 220 lb 5th round LB from last year will not help.

If Stroud gets hurt, they are in serious trouble.

Not me. If the blockers can play, it will mean wins, even if not this season. They did things right for once until the early second round.

The OL is key. After 15 years, the Bills finally drafted some OL. However, they are again just treading water as they cut loose more lineman than they added, including a pro bowl LT. Walker is too fat and slow to be effective at LT and will be surprised if he is even on the team next year. His bloated contract will be another casualty.

The season again turns on the C position. Miami paid big bucks for a guy that can handle big 3-4 nose tackles. The Bills went cheap and got a guy that got abused by big nose tackles. At least they have the option of starting Wood at C if Hangartner plays to his backup status, but don't expect any bold moves by this coaching staff.